Are you voting tomorrow?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you voting tomorrow?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you voting tomorrow?
Yes

No

No, but not an American

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Are you voting tomorrow?  (Read 1014 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2023, 09:50:01 PM »

Yes, due to a quirk in a referendum impacting the scheduling of Minneapolis City Council elections we have them now despite having them already just two years ago, and will be for a two year term as well. 2027 will be the only year this decade there are no elections in Minneapolis (barring a special election or referendum or something.)

This is also the least invested in my lifetime election I've ever experienced, (aside from things like a special state legislative election I voted in once where a DFL candidate was literally running unopposed), I have four candidates on the ballot. Two are absolutely atrocious, one is pretty bad, and one is fairly bad. And from what I gather that's the situation in most of the wards. I can suck it up and vote for the "fairly bad" candidate sure, but because of the ranked voting I actually have three votes, so I think I might just do two of my write-ins as a protest and then rank him or something.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »

I already voted early.  None of the races here in Arlington are competitive, but I voted regardless. 
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 10:04:13 PM »

New Jersey has its state-level elections in odd-numbered years, so yes.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 10:05:42 PM »

Nope. No elections in California until March.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 10:05:51 PM »

No but my parents are.

What happened to the Green Party guy who lost? Is he running again?
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 10:07:20 PM »

Maybe. Normally I would vote in every election without question. But not only are none of the Arlington races competitive, I also broke my tailbone a few days ago and am much less mobile than usual. After work I'll probably just want to collapse on my bed. This election is so inconsequential here that the thought of voting by mail never even crossed my mind.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 10:22:09 PM »

Yes, I'll go to my polling place before work. Will be my most "left-wing" vote in my lifetime I think, though that's just an artifact of what's on the ballot this time around -- Yes on Issue 1 (to enshrine an abortion right in the Ohio Constitution), Yes on Issue 2 (to legalize marijuana), and for a local judgeship I'm voting for the only candidate not touting very tough-on-crime policies on her website (on the grounds that her one opponent seems like an unserious crank; her other opponent seems both really harsh and is endorsed by a dozen unions; she is the only one promising to cut the court's expenditures; and she's also endorsed by multiple local newspapers and is therefore running a relatively serious campaign though I expect the union candidate to win). Also I don't think the area I'm living in has a particular problem with crime at the moment and acting like it does is silly. I am voting for my local county GOP's recommendations for school board, though (this is meaningless because there are 3 candidates running for 3 slots, so everybody wins; I'll be voting for only the 2 of them that have the endorsement).
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 10:25:30 PM »

I filled out and returned my absentee ballot a few weeks ago.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 10:26:39 PM »

No but my parents are.

Which one are you referring to?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 10:27:53 PM »

No but my parents are.

Cam Gordon and the parks and rec lady?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 10:36:10 PM »

nope.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 11:04:53 PM »

No but my parents are.

Cam Gordon and the parks and rec lady?
Neither is running, the Parks Board isn't even up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 11:06:15 PM »

Yes, I'll go to my polling place before work. Will be my most "left-wing" vote in my lifetime I think, though that's just an artifact of what's on the ballot this time around -- Yes on Issue 1 (to enshrine an abortion right in the Ohio Constitution), Yes on Issue 2 (to legalize marijuana), and for a local judgeship I'm voting for the only candidate not touting very tough-on-crime policies on her website (on the grounds that her one opponent seems like an unserious crank; her other opponent seems both really harsh and is endorsed by a dozen unions; she is the only one promising to cut the court's expenditures; and she's also endorsed by multiple local newspapers and is therefore running a relatively serious campaign though I expect the union candidate to win). Also I don't think the area I'm living in has a particular problem with crime at the moment and acting like it does is silly. I am voting for my local county GOP's recommendations for school board, though (this is meaningless because there are 3 candidates running for 3 slots, so everybody wins; I'll be voting for only the 2 of them that have the endorsement).
Funnily enough if we switched places we'd probably vote the same way, I know you wouldn't vote for either of the absolutely atrocious candidates mentioned, although maybe you'd preference the Abolish Bike Lanes guy depending on how you feel about bike lanes. I'd obviously vote the same way as you on the referendums and from what you said for that judge candidate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 11:07:31 PM »

Also this is frustrating because The Hotelier are playing Minneapolis tomorrow. That means I can't stay home and watch the election results roll in. I can on my phone...but that's not something you want to do at a show. And all of the key states report early for me, although Pennsylvania usually takes awhile to count. Kentucky is a case where I really hope it's obvious early on Beshear won, because him losing would put a damper on the evening and isn't something I want to find out right before The Hotelier plays.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 12:07:10 AM »

Already voted on Saturday.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2023, 12:50:58 AM »

Yeah I'm committing voter fraud
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2023, 03:41:44 AM »

Yes, due to a quirk in a referendum impacting the scheduling of Minneapolis City Council elections we have them now despite having them already just two years ago, and will be for a two year term as well. 2027 will be the only year this decade there are no elections in Minneapolis (barring a special election or referendum or something.)

Weird, are two term mayoral terms not normal? In Waterloo, the mayor serves a two year term, elected in every off year election, and the city council are elected to alternating four year terms, with roughly half the council up every off year.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2023, 03:42:36 AM »

Already voted early on Friday. Quentin Hart FTW
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2023, 09:34:44 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2023, 09:41:33 AM by Vosem »

Funnily enough if we switched places we'd probably vote the same way, I know you wouldn't vote for either of the absolutely atrocious candidates mentioned, although maybe you'd preference the Abolish Bike Lanes guy depending on how you feel about bike lanes. I'd obviously vote the same way as you on the referendums and from what you said for that judge candidate.

Very vaguely in favor, I guess (although not in favor of bike lane mandates if the practical effect is building fewer roads), but the issue is so low-priority for me that I would almost certainly latch on to something random on this person's website -- either a weird issue position or a weird career history -- to decide whether I like them or not.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »

Voted last Monday, thanks to NYS' really good early voting system. (first time voting straight Dem. in my life - I typically vote mixed ballot)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2023, 09:52:46 AM »

Very vaguely in favor, I guess (although not in favor of bike lane mandates if the practical effect is building fewer roads), but the issue is so low-priority for me that I would almost certainly latch on to something random on this person's website -- either a weird issue position or a weird career history -- to decide whether I like them or not.
He doesn't even have a website and seems to be a single issue candidate.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2023, 10:26:06 AM »

No, but I am voting today
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2023, 11:24:46 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2023, 12:58:59 PM by Voter #77 »

I just voted. As you can see I was only #77, and there were only 133 early votes cast in my precinct per the city of Minneapolis's very good early voter tracking site....so #210 overall out of 2238 registered voters*. That indicates rather low turnout, but it's also kind of meaningless because there aren't even Minneapolis city-wide elections up.

*This is a very "transient" precinct where a lot of people move in and out frequently, so I'd wager a good chunk of those are no longer residing here and haven't updated their registrations. However probably just as many new people have moved in as well to replace them and could theoretically register same day under Minnesota's laws.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2023, 12:04:10 PM »

We need a "No, I am an American, but I live in a colony." option.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2023, 12:05:18 PM »

We need a "No, I am an American, but I live in a colony." option.
That's option 2. Puerto Rico still has elections the same years the mainland US does.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies