Do you believe that Israel blew up the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:43:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you believe that Israel blew up the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe Israel blew up the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital?
Yes

Lean yes

Lean no

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Do you believe that Israel blew up the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital?  (Read 495 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2023, 01:38:09 PM »

I thought everyone was on the same page that it had been conclusively disproven a while ago, but over the weekend, a post alleging that they did got 8 recommends from across the political spectrum, so perhaps a lot of people actually think they did it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 01:51:36 PM »

I don't know and frankly I don't much care. This is a meaningless distraction from the real discussions to be had about how to stop the bloodshed.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 01:55:16 PM »

No, the missle was fired by Hamas and came down early. They first claimed 500 casulties and then suddenly cut the number to around 30 when Israel presented evidence that it wasn't them.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 02:01:35 PM »

I don't know and frankly I don't much care. This is a meaningless distraction from the real discussions to be had about how to stop the bloodshed.
I disagree. This "hospital attack" has inspired retaliatory attacks on Jews across the world and has caused many otherwise neutral people to become more sympathetic to Hamas, so I think it's pretty important to establish the facts and have everyone acknowledge them, whatever those facts are.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 02:09:51 PM »

I disagree. This "hospital attack" has inspired retaliatory attacks on Jews across the world and has caused many otherwise neutral people to become more sympathetic to Hamas, so I think it's pretty important to establish the facts and have everyone acknowledge them, whatever those facts are.

I mean. Even if it turned out the IDF was responsible, that wouldn't make Hamas worth supporting and sure as f**k wouldn't justify antisemitic attacks anywhere.

Of course it's important to establish the facts, and I fully support any serious independent efforts to investigate the event, but for those of us who aren't privy to special knowledge, I don't know exactly how we can contribute to that process. Rather, it seems supporters of either side are latching on to the narrative that support their position and running with it, and I'd rather not participate in that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 03:21:53 PM »

I mean. Even if it turned out the IDF was responsible, that wouldn't make Hamas worth supporting and sure as f**k wouldn't justify antisemitic attacks anywhere.

Of course it's important to establish the facts, and I fully support any serious independent efforts to investigate the event, but for those of us who aren't privy to special knowledge, I don't know exactly how we can contribute to that process. Rather, it seems supporters of either side are latching on to the narrative that support their position and running with it, and I'd rather not participate in that.

I don't mean to harp on you, but I can assure you that when I say that Israel definitely didn't do it, it has nothing, not even 1%, to do with which "side" I'm on. The entirely of Western intelligence services say that it was a Hamas rocket.

If all the intelligence services said Israel did it, I would be just as adamant that Israel did it, and I think most people here would agree.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 03:24:29 PM »

They probably didn't, but are committing plenty of war crimes regardless.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 04:32:24 PM »

I don't mean to harp on you, but I can assure you that when I say that Israel definitely didn't do it, it has nothing, not even 1%, to do with which "side" I'm on. The entirely of Western intelligence services say that it was a Hamas rocket.

If all the intelligence services said Israel did it, I would be just as adamant that Israel did it, and I think most people here would agree.

Huh, I haven't seen any such definitive conclusion from an intelligence service. If that's true fair enough. I just haven't been inclined to pay much attention to these twists and turns I guess.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 04:55:36 PM »

Like they haven't done other stuff that is objectionable...

It's just not the hospital attack. And he's right that we can't know (it's war, fog of war). I will give Israel the benefit of the doubt here. BUT! there's plenty of other stuff including strikes on hospital cars and so on... that have made the world more sympathetic to Palestine, with the exception of this forum.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 06:47:43 PM »

I thought everyone was on the same page that it had been conclusively disproven a while ago, but over the weekend, a post alleging that they did got 8 recommends from across the political spectrum, so perhaps a lot of people actually think they did it.

Here's the post you're referring to:

Nope. You lose. When you knowingly tell lies like this, you wreck your credibility.

You took issue with OP's claim that "hospitals have been bombed" by pointing out that Israel probably did not bomb one particular hospital on one occasion. Do you understand how that does not disprove that "hospitals have been bombed"?

Dude, like a couple posts down on that thread he gives a link about this exact incident in an article from 10/19. I even said that I thought maybe he had been talking about something else and was surprised he wasn't.

If you have evidence that Israel bombed a different hospital last month (even though that wouldn't be what the poster in question was talking about), I'm eager to listen, but I doubt you do because it would have been discussed nonstop 
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 04:45:33 PM »

No, the Israeli military only bombs evacuees, refugee camps, and bakeries. It would never do such a thing.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 08:46:18 PM »

absolutely not!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 09:34:20 PM »

This. Though I still find it rather hard to believe that a Hamas missile managed to fall from the sky and hit the one place that would create the most international outcry. But the facts seem to lend credence to the Israeli position none the less.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies