What county results will give us an idea who wins in Kentucky?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:00:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What county results will give us an idea who wins in Kentucky?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What county results will give us an idea who wins in Kentucky?  (Read 426 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2023, 12:27:20 PM »

What county results in Kentucky will give us an idea as to who wins in the state?
EastwoodS

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 12:59:47 PM »

Madison county KY
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 01:12:11 PM »

According to a piece published by the Daily Kos a few days before the 2019 election, the key counties in KY are Jefferson, Fayette, Kenton, Boone, Warren, Daviess, Hardin, and Campbell. However, the piece also noted that margins in rural counties matter as well (it mentioned counties like McCracken and Pike as a couple of examples of representative rural counties), so those places should also be watched to see whether or not margins there are anywhere near margins achieved by Trump at the presidential level.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 03:23:19 PM »

yeah i think madison co. is probably the best bellwether county for ky gov, as it will be close and important to either candidate's path to victory--so important that cameron even launched his general election campaign there (although tbh i can imagine a scenario for either one to lose madison co. and still win). i think nelson and boyle co. will also be good indicators; if beshear wins both then he wins statewide. if beshear wins daviess it's absolutely over for cameron (although given its in the central time zone, by the time it would be called for beshear it would probably already be clear that he won). if cameron flips back the northern kentucky counties beshear won in 2019 then the race is probably over too.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 12:10:23 AM »

Elliott!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 04:42:38 PM »

In addition to Madison, I’d say that Scott and Bourbon are worth watching, as well as the margins in Campbell and Kenton (I’d expect Beshear to win both again.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies