Pro-Life Pro-Gun makes zero sense
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:24:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Pro-Life Pro-Gun makes zero sense
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pro-Life Pro-Gun makes zero sense  (Read 674 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2023, 06:21:48 AM »

Why would someone call themselves "pro-life" if they think machine guns should be handed out like candy??? Yes, I also know those who call themselves "pro-life" are almost universally sexist and only seem to care about fetuses.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 06:27:28 AM »

If you think you're right, why resort to a stupid hyperbole to prove a point.  If you have a good point, maybe you wouldn't feel the need to do that.  And follow that up with a pointless insult?  Are you looking for a discussion or just some back patting from your fellow red avs?  'cause it 100% looks like the latter, and that's gross and lame and you're better than that.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 01:45:16 PM »

I'm pro choice and generally pro gun and the reason is not because I want everyone to die. The two issues just have nothing to do with each other. Everything is not a "double standard".
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 02:58:08 PM »

Why do people always do this when it comes to abortion? "It's hypocritical to be pro-life and support the death penalty", "It's hypocritical to be pro-life and oppose universal healthcare", "It's hypocritical to be pro-life and oppose gun control ", etc. I never really see people use other unrelated political stances to accuse them of hypocrisy.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 04:16:30 PM »

Why do people always do this when it comes to abortion? "It's hypocritical to be pro-life and support the death penalty", "It's hypocritical to be pro-life and oppose universal healthcare", "It's hypocritical to be pro-life and oppose gun control ", etc. I never really see people use other unrelated political stances to accuse them of hypocrisy.

It is more-or-less always the case that when people accuse an ideological viewpoint of hypocrisy -- as opposed to some individual sinful person -- they are merely revealing their lack of understanding of that ideological viewpoint, and very often revealing a deficit in empathy that renders them unable to think from the perspective of another person.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 07:47:16 PM »

Get off the stage. This open mic night stinks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 01:42:19 AM »

Because I value the sanctity of my life and believe in protecting it. Speaking theoretically, pulling a gun on someone is a surefire way of scaring them off if I perceive them to be a serious threat to my life. If all else fails, shooting them and ending their life also works, because it removes an otherwise permanent threat to my life.

I am a firm believer in the Non-Aggression Principle, but that doesn't mean I'd roll over and play dead.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 11:02:55 AM »

He uses the gun to defend his own life.
Now, it would make sense that he would support background checks.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 09:20:59 PM »

Samof94 threaf. Mods please ban this dullard already and save us some brain cells.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 07:47:35 PM »

Answering this seriously (which I probably shouldn't), there is a very clear distinction between a fetus (who is innocent and under most circumstances not a threat to anyone's life) and a violent criminal (who can murder me or someone else if I don't take action). Usually I see the charge of hypocrisy come coupled with something like universal healthcare, which at least makes sense from a utilitarian standpoint. However, even a utilitarian should understand that these are not comparable.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 09:17:36 PM »

I believe that most people support some form of gun control.
Democrats need to talk about the issue much much more than they do.

Gun violence is very serious and the GOP has yet to offer anything that will reduce it.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 07:01:58 AM »

I believe that most people support some form of gun control.
Democrats need to talk about the issue much much more than they do.

Gun violence is very serious and the GOP has yet to offer anything that will reduce it.
"More guns" is not a solution.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 11:28:08 AM »

Republicans also support nuclear weapons and war. It's almost like everyone forgets this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2023, 01:18:51 PM »

Why would someone call themselves "pro-life" if they think machine guns should be handed out like candy??? Yes, I also know those who call themselves "pro-life" are almost universally sexist and only seem to care about fetuses.

You honestly come across like a right wing troll meant to make Democrats look like complete simpletons, lol.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2023, 01:25:16 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 01:30:21 PM by Person Man »

Many people think that public safety isn't as important in making sure society maintains or reasserts its "identity" and vice versa. Often they will try to explain the inconsistencies by saying that either by promoting a culture of self-sufficiency and personal responsibility (for those who are pro-gun, anti-abortion) or that by promoting an inclusive and non-violent culture (the other way around), we will be able to create a tide that raises all ships. 
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2023, 12:17:18 PM »

Both are pro-crime.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies