Rep. Zinke introduces bill to ban Palestinian immigration to US
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:21:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Zinke introduces bill to ban Palestinian immigration to US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rep. Zinke introduces bill to ban Palestinian immigration to US  (Read 1476 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2023, 03:35:57 AM »

We all know Emma Lazarus famously wrote “DONT give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, your wretched refuse of your teeming shore because they might be terrorists and honestly they voted for Hamas anyway so it’s not our business and we can’t properly vet them so idk just go back to where you came from and figure it out yourself”

The quote from Emma Lazarus is not, and never was, the basis for immigration law in America.

When the tired, poor, huddled masses come to America and terrorize Jewish citizens, calling for the extinction of their people on American college campuses, and openly praise Hamas as "liberators"
something has gone awry. 

String of xenophobic foolish nonsense from fuzzy. Must be a day ending in y.

Please tell me where I'm wrong.  Please tell me how Jewish American citizens are safer with throngs of Intifada advocates in their midst, voicing their desire to wipe Israel off the map and expand the Intifada to America?

Sane nations don't invite in large numbers of foreigners who are openly hostile to a segment of their population.  That's not Xenophobia; that's sensible immigration policy that respects the concept of citizenship and the rights of citizens.  And we OUGHT TO be afraid of letting in foreigners who hate America in general and consider us the Great Satan.  That's not every Arab or every Muslim, to be sure, but it's a fair description of what Hamas claims to be about.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2023, 06:16:54 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 06:53:43 AM by Benjamin Frank »

If what Fuzzy says is correct, then there is no need for this legislation, so it's just performative hate from Zinke.

Where's the criticism for the performative hate of The Squad in Congress?

Why the tolerance for the performative hate of the Palestinian Mobs and their supporters on campus?

If you want to get into this, you will lose because there is vastly more hate, including hatred of Jews, on the Republican side, especially in ways that have manifested in violence.

You are quick to condemn Palestinian Americans because they are a different skin color than you and that is the only reason.

Where was your concern for Jews during Charlottesville?

Where was your concern for Jews during January 6, 2021 at least partly led by openly anti Semitic (white) American organizations?

Where is your condemnation of Donald Trump who routinely uses anti Semitic Jewish stereotypes?

You are a phony and your posts are GIGO.

I have no doubt that you will report this post for me calling you a phony because you are as much a phony when you claim to support free speech.

I could show you a Democratic dominated political board with over 1,500 comments largely condemning Rashida Tlaib, but I don't want you infesting that board.

As far as I'm concerned, all you are doing is using anti Semitism to express hatred of Muslims, which would be ironic if it wasn't disgusting.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2023, 06:53:41 AM »

If what Fuzzy says is correct, then there is no need for this legislation, so it's just performative hate from Zinke.

Why the tolerance for the performative hate of the Palestinian Mobs and their supporters on campus?

If you want to get into this, you will lose because there is vastly more hate, including hatred of Jews, on the Republican side, especially in ways that have manifested in violence.

You are quick to condemn Palestinian Americans because they are a different skin color than you and that is the only reason.

Where was your concern for Jews during Charlotsville?

Where was your concern for Jews during January 6, 2021 at least partly led by openly anti Semitic (white) American organizations?

Where is your condemnation of Donald Trump who routinely uses anti Semitic Jewish stereotypes?

I have never condoned Nazis or Nazi marches.  And your statements about about Trump on this subject are both Excessive Hyperbole and Whataboutism.  You have never condemned the bigotry of the Palestinians.  I can Whatabout with the best of them.

As for the Nazi's marching in Charlottesville, they had a valid parade permit.  I'm not a big fan of that, but they have their 1st Amendment rights.  One of their number committed a homicide with a vehicle during that event; that person was prosecuted, convicted, and justly imprisoned, as it should be when people commit willful homicides.  People who commit crimes in the midst of an activity that is sanctioned under the 1st Amendment ought to face CRIMINAL justice.

If you want to make the argument that the Nazis should not have been granted a parade permit, that's fine, but how one can deny those folks a parade permit but be OK with Palestinians marching with a chant "From the River to the Sea . . ." which CLEARLY has genocidal overtones.  The mobs today are not one iota more noble or more justified than the Charlottesville folks; indeed, their movement was birthed by the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem during WWII; a verified Nazi collaborator who met with Hitler directly and agreed to block Jews from entering Palestine and expelling those Jews already there.  That's THEIR "heritage".

At least half of my oldest friends are Jewish, as well as multiple former girlfriends.  You wouldn't know that, of course.  I have been pro-Israel my entire life, and my position on this issue has not changed, regardless of my political affiliation.

My condemnation of the Palestinians has nothing to do with their skin color.  Nothing.  It has a lot to do with how they have acted in the Middle East, their desire to eliminate the Jews from the Middle East, starting with the Grand Mufti collaborating with Hitler during the WWII years.  They don't have a valid point, and their behavior, as a group, made the Holocaust that much worse by denying them a place to escape extermination at.  America has some culpability in this area, to be sure, but the Palestinians should not be off the hook here, because their leader collaborated with Hitler directly.  This sentiment has not changed; the point of view of Hamas, and even of the Palestinian Authority, is to eliminate Israel; they deny it's right to exist in any form.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2023, 07:02:56 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 07:14:33 AM by Benjamin Frank »

I have never condoned Nazis or Nazi marches.  And your statements about about Trump on this subject are both Excessive Hyperbole and Whataboutism.  You have never condemned the bigotry of the Palestinians.  I can Whatabout with the best of them.

As for the Nazi's marching in Charlottesville, they had a valid parade permit.  I'm not a big fan of that, but they have their 1st Amendment rights.  One of their number committed a homicide with a vehicle during that event; that person was prosecuted, convicted, and justly imprisoned, as it should be when people commit willful homicides.  People who commit crimes in the midst of an activity that is sanctioned under the 1st Amendment ought to face CRIMINAL justice.

If you want to make the argument that the Nazis should not have been granted a parade permit, that's fine, but how one can deny those folks a parade permit but be OK with Palestinians marching with a chant "From the River to the Sea . . ." which CLEARLY has genocidal overtones.  The mobs today are not one iota more noble or more justified than the Charlottesville folks; indeed, their movement was birthed by the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem during WWII; a verified Nazi collaborator who met with Hitler directly and agreed to block Jews from entering Palestine and expelling those Jews already there.  That's THEIR "heritage".

At least half of my oldest friends are Jewish, as well as multiple former girlfriends.  You wouldn't know that, of course.  I have been pro-Israel my entire life, and my position on this issue has not changed, regardless of my political affiliation.

My condemnation of the Palestinians has nothing to do with their skin color.  Nothing.  It has a lot to do with how they have acted in the Middle East, their desire to eliminate the Jews from the Middle East, starting with the Grand Mufti collaborating with Hitler during the WWII years.  They don't have a valid point, and their behavior, as a group, made the Holocaust that much worse by denying them a place to escape extermination at.  America has some culpability in this area, to be sure, but the Palestinians should not be off the hook here, because their leader collaborated with Hitler directly.  This sentiment has not changed; the point of view of Hamas, and even of the Palestinian Authority, is to eliminate Israel; they deny it's right to exist in any form.

I haven't commented on Palestine one way or the other, and I don't need to justify any of my comments to you.

The chants in Charlottesville were just as genocidial but because they were from white Trump supporters, you contort logic here to minimize them.

The only other thing worth commenting on here is: do you seriously deny that Donald Trump routinely engages in anti Semitic stereotyping?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2023, 07:32:14 AM »

I have never condoned Nazis or Nazi marches.  And your statements about about Trump on this subject are both Excessive Hyperbole and Whataboutism.  You have never condemned the bigotry of the Palestinians.  I can Whatabout with the best of them.

As for the Nazi's marching in Charlottesville, they had a valid parade permit.  I'm not a big fan of that, but they have their 1st Amendment rights.  One of their number committed a homicide with a vehicle during that event; that person was prosecuted, convicted, and justly imprisoned, as it should be when people commit willful homicides.  People who commit crimes in the midst of an activity that is sanctioned under the 1st Amendment ought to face CRIMINAL justice.

If you want to make the argument that the Nazis should not have been granted a parade permit, that's fine, but how one can deny those folks a parade permit but be OK with Palestinians marching with a chant "From the River to the Sea . . ." which CLEARLY has genocidal overtones.  The mobs today are not one iota more noble or more justified than the Charlottesville folks; indeed, their movement was birthed by the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem during WWII; a verified Nazi collaborator who met with Hitler directly and agreed to block Jews from entering Palestine and expelling those Jews already there.  That's THEIR "heritage".

At least half of my oldest friends are Jewish, as well as multiple former girlfriends.  You wouldn't know that, of course.  I have been pro-Israel my entire life, and my position on this issue has not changed, regardless of my political affiliation.

My condemnation of the Palestinians has nothing to do with their skin color.  Nothing.  It has a lot to do with how they have acted in the Middle East, their desire to eliminate the Jews from the Middle East, starting with the Grand Mufti collaborating with Hitler during the WWII years.  They don't have a valid point, and their behavior, as a group, made the Holocaust that much worse by denying them a place to escape extermination at.  America has some culpability in this area, to be sure, but the Palestinians should not be off the hook here, because their leader collaborated with Hitler directly.  This sentiment has not changed; the point of view of Hamas, and even of the Palestinian Authority, is to eliminate Israel; they deny it's right to exist in any form.

I haven't commented on Palestine one way or the other, and I don't need to justify any of my comments to you.

The chants in Charlottesville were just as genocidal but because they were from white Trump supporters, you contort logic here to minimize them.

The only other thing worth commenting on here is: do you seriously deny that Donald Trump routinely engages in anti Semitic stereotyping?

I have condemned the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville.  They presumably voted for Trump for the most part.  Those calling for genocide today in our streets voted for Biden for the most part.  If Trump is to be held responsible for his supporters, than Biden should be held responsible for the genocidal Hamas sympathizers that voted for him in 2020.  I don't hold politicians responsible for what their supporters do as a rule. I hold them responsible for the policies they advocate and advance. 
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2023, 07:36:13 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 07:41:14 AM by Benjamin Frank »

The chants in Charlottesville were just as genocidal but because they were from white Trump supporters, you contort logic here to minimize them.

I have condemned the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville.  They presumably voted for Trump for the most part.  Those calling for genocide today in our streets voted for Biden for the most part.  If Trump is to be held responsible for his supporters, than Biden should be held responsible for the genocidal Hamas sympathizers that voted for him in 2020.  I don't hold politicians responsible for what their supporters do as a rule. I hold them responsible for the policies they advocate and advance.  

Has Biden made anti Semitic comments like using anti Semitic tropes and stereotypes that Trump routinely engages in?

I also don't believe you when you claim you've condemned the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville. You just did so in your previous post, which allows you to now claim that you've condemned the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville. I don't believe you if you say you have previously.

If I went through a random selection of your comments post Charlottesville I have no doubt I'd much more easily find comments from you condemning Democratic politicians for the acts of their supporters than find any comment from you condemning the anti Semitic white Trump supporters in Charlottesville.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2023, 08:07:10 AM »

Point out specific examples of Trump doing so and I'll comment then.

I've never been down with neo-Nazis.  I support their Constitutional Rights being protected and upheld, but that support extends to, literally, ALL people in America.  People I like and people I don't have the same Constitutional Rights and MY Constitutional Rights are tied up in THEIR Constitutional Rights.

WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2023, 08:08:45 AM »

Thankfully, the Senate would never pass this monstrosity of a bill, and even if it did, Biden would never sign it into law.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2023, 08:19:40 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 08:52:27 AM by Benjamin Frank »

Point out specific examples of Trump doing so and I'll comment then.

I've never been down with neo-Nazis.  I support their Constitutional Rights being protected and upheld, but that support extends to, literally, ALL people in America.  People I like and people I don't have the same Constitutional Rights and MY Constitutional Rights are tied up in THEIR Constitutional Rights.

Trump commenting using anti Semitic stereotypes and tropes
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12/donald-trump-anti-semitism-jews-israel

So, in one interview Trump claimed:
1.Jews contol the media
2.Jews control politicians

Both of which are at the heart of the conspiracy that Jews are behind a secret cabal that controls the world.

3.American Jews are or should be primarily concerned with Israel
This article doesn't mention how Trump has repeatedly said how he likes having a Jewish accountant because Jews are 'good with money.'

Which is also part of the conspiracy that Jews are behind a secret cabal that controls the world.

These stereotypes and tropes are straight out of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion (which is not to say they originated with that forgery and it's not to say that Trump believes that forgery.)

Whether Trump believes this conspiracy theory I have no idea, but to deny that Trump believes in the stereotypes and tropes that underlie this conspiracy theory it to deny reality.

For instance, in 2015 Trump backed up the 'Jews control politicians' (through money) by using another anti Semitic trope:

“I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money …Look, I’m a negotiator like you folks, we’re negotiators.” (Today at the RJC.)
https://forward.com/news/breaking-news/326020/5-cringeworthy-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-the-jews/

I honestly find it very hard to believe you're concerned about the welfare of Jews if you aren't aware of these anti Semitic tropes and stereotypes the former President of the United States has routinely said and clearly believes, irrespective of whether you support this person or not.

An anti Semitic President is a concern for anybody truly concerned about the welfare of Jews.

You are a phony.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »

What performative hate has the Squad engaged in, outside of Rashida Tlaib? Is vocalizing concerns about innocent people dying , including children, performative hate?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2023, 08:33:16 AM »

....said how he likes having a Jewish accountant because Jews are 'good with money.'

I don't find that incredibly antisemitic. An example:

"I like German cars because Germans are good at manufacturing."

There is nothing anti-German about my comment. Maybe your definition of antisemitism is different to mine.

Another example, is it antisemitic to call Jews "smart" because they become doctors and lawyers frequently?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2023, 08:36:42 AM »

What performative hate has the Squad engaged in, outside of Rashida Tlaib? Is vocalizing concerns about innocent people dying , including children, performative hate?

They are Crocodile Tears from people that condone Hamas's attacks.  And the entire Squad condones Hamas's attacks.  They are calling for a Cease Fire because it is in Hamas's interest to get one.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2023, 08:39:58 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 08:46:25 AM by Benjamin Frank »

....said how he likes having a Jewish accountant because Jews are 'good with money.'

There is nothing anti-German about my comment. Maybe your definition of antisemitism is different to mine.

Another example, is it antisemitic to call Jews "smart" because they become doctors and lawyers frequently?

1.Many people, including myself, believe that positive stereotypes are bad because they also promote prejudice and can be harmful to all the people of the group who don't conform to the stereotype, (like Jews who aren't smart.)
Positive stereotyping used to be much more common in the media in the 1990s and prior but, in what's left of the mainstream media anyway, there seems to have been a general realization that positive stereotypes also cause harm. The biggest pushback, for instance, against 'Asians are studious' seemed to come from Asians themselves.

https://www.verywellmind.com/harms-of-positive-stereotypes-5270456

2.In this case though, there are clear negative implications:
A.Jews are tight/cheap
B.Jews are money grubbing
3.Jews are obsessed with money to the exclusion of everything else: any Jew who loves art only loves it for its financial value and not for its esthetic, for instance.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2023, 08:44:05 AM »

They are Crocodile Tears from people that condone Hamas's attacks.  And the entire Squad condones Hamas's attacks.  They are calling for a Cease Fire because it is in Hamas's interest to get one.

What evidence exists for any of the three wild claims you just made? "Because that's what my gut feeling tells me that they believe" is not evidence.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2023, 09:28:19 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 09:34:41 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

A.Jews are tight/cheap
3.Jews are obsessed with money to the exclusion of everything else: any Jew who loves art only loves it for its financial value and not for its esthetic, for instance.

Thanks for the definition.

I guess my definition of antisemitism is when Hamas ties four family members together, douses them with fuel and sets them alight.

Or the Lebanese community recently marching on the Opera House in Sydney (when it was lit with the Israeli Flag) screaming "Gas The Jews!".

Just atrocious recent behaviour.

It would appear the line is fairly broad.

Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2023, 09:46:42 AM »

Stereotype accuracy is one of the only replicable findings in social psychology, even as many claim it to be false or even bigoted.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2023, 10:36:45 AM »

A.Jews are tight/cheap

Thanks for the definition.

I guess my definition of antisemitism is when Hamas ties four family members together, douses them with fuel and sets them alight.

Or the Lebanese community recently marching on the Opera House in Sydney (when it was lit with the Israeli Flag) screaming "Gas The Jews!".

Just atrocious recent behaviour.

It would appear the line is fairly broad.

By that definition, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion isn't anti Semitic.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2023, 11:02:23 AM »

Stereotype accuracy is one of the only replicable findings in social psychology, even as many claim it to be false or even bigoted.

It is for some things, there is often kernels of truth in stereotypes and some things are very likely to be true (a 15 year old can run faster than an 80 year old for instance.) But, I think one needs to be very careful in relying on stereotypes (or heuristics.)

I think there needs to be much more categorization of stereotypes before any such claim should be made. I highly doubt that all stereotype are accurate, and even for many things where they is, correlation is not causation.

Obviously the historical reason why Jews are in finance are:
1.Christians weren't allowed to lend money (usury)
2.Jews were shut out of many others professions due to prejudice.

Does this mean that the stereotype that 'Jews are good with money' is true? Have Jews evolved to actually be better at handling money than other groups? I think that's ridiculous.

It may be true that there are remnants of cultural traditions that promote Jews in finance, but it may also be true that the stereotype promotes Jews in finance underservedly ahead of  non Jews.

So, without seeing the research on stereotype accuracy it may be that the stereotypes themselves make the accuracy a self fulfilling prophecy. Even with repeatability, I'm not sure how that can be disentangled (but admitedly I'm not an academic in this area.)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2023, 02:18:52 PM »

I like it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2023, 07:23:45 PM »

Take note, this is the alternative to Biden's handling. I'm sorry that neither perspective is 100% ideal for some, but one is clearly more rational than the other.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2023, 12:37:09 AM »

What evidence exists for any of the three wild claims you just made? "Because that's what my gut feeling tells me that they believe" is not evidence.

UPDATE: I guess no evidence, just slander? A non-answer is a form of an answer. Thanks for playing.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2023, 02:06:35 AM »

Take note, this is the alternative to Biden's handling. I'm sorry that neither perspective is 100% ideal for some, but one is clearly more rational than the other.
No, there’s an alternative that doesn’t include funding a horrible war and also doesn’t include funding a horrible war but also being really racist about it. Not enough people are listening though.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2023, 07:12:46 AM »

I like the passive admittance that Tlaib has done some performative hate lmao
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2023, 10:39:05 AM »

Short term political gain with zero substance over anything else. This is what people hate about DC or politics in general.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies