Who wins in Kentucky?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:43:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins in Kentucky?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who do you think wins in Kentucky?
Beshear

Cameron

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Who wins in Kentucky?  (Read 1397 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2023, 01:09:07 PM »

Who do you think will win in Kentucky?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 01:12:04 PM »

Still Beshear. The big question is going to be how big or small of a victory it will be, and whether that could have been reversed, or even means anything in the grander scheme of things.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 01:13:32 PM »

Beshear by a Laura Kelly/JBE margin.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 01:25:58 PM »

It will be very close, but I'm going to stick with Cameron. I don't know if Beshear's incumbency can overcome the fact that he isn't facing a deeply hated opponent.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 01:30:46 PM »

It will be very close, but I'm going to stick with Cameron. I don't know if Beshear's incumbency can overcome the fact that he isn't facing a deeply hated opponent.

Beshear isn't fiercely hated though. Bevin was, and still almost won as an incumbent.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2023, 06:23:58 PM »

Still going to say Beshear (really don’t want to be wrong a 3rd time), though narrowly.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 06:34:50 PM »

I still think Beshear wins.  If he loses, I would think the recent foreign policy events, which have hurt Democrats standing with voters, may have played a role since national events can affect state races as Nixon's failed 1962 California gubernatorial bid in the midst of the Cuban Missile Crisis attests.

I don't think polling is giving any type of representative sample of where this race is.  But if Cameron is close, it reinforces my view that Ryan Quarles would've been a better challenger.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 06:36:30 PM »

I still think Beshear wins.  If he loses, I would think the recent foreign policy events, which have hurt Democrats standing with voters, may have played a role since national events can affect state races as Nixon's failed 1962 California gubernatorial bid in the midst of the Cuban Missile Crisis attests.

I don't think polling is giving any type of representative sample of where this race is.  But if Cameron is close, it reinforces my view that Ryan Quarles would've been a better challenger.

How has the Israel crisis hurt Democrats?
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2023, 07:33:32 PM »

This is subject to change but I’m still convinced Andy wins decisively. The energy is just not there for Cameron.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2023, 08:11:48 PM »

He has good approval ratings. Why would people change what isn't broken to them?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2023, 10:06:34 AM »

Feeling Cameron in an upset.  2015 vibes here.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2023, 10:13:20 AM »

Beshear+3-4.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2023, 11:20:13 AM »

Bashear has taken a nuanced view of Biden, who in turn takes a nuanced view of the squad, who in turn take a nuanced view of HAMAS. That would seem a hard one to make stick, but, the HAMAS war crimes have created a massive divide between the parties. The I-am-kinda-sorta-Republican-but-better-on-abortion campaign message of Bashear isn't going to work anymore.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2023, 11:28:46 AM »

Beshear +2, similar to KS-GOV 2022. Beshear’s a popular governor, and governors rarely lose with continually high popularity. I do think this race has tightened in the past week or two, but Cameron himself isn’t really doing anything spectacularly good to make this a flip. The one good poll we’ve seen so far that isn’t an internal is from Emerson and it’s showing either an outlier or the truth. Cameron could definitely pull this off, but it’d be more like being dragged across by a more Republican national environment than previously thought.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2023, 10:51:45 PM »

Feeds the ongoing narrative of the Biden administration presiding over a world that's becoming more unstable.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2023, 12:09:33 AM »

Still Beshear. Wouldn't be surprised if it were Cameron eked out...but I suspect there's still enough goodwill left for Beshear...and Cameron hasn't exactly gone all out the way even Bevin did in 2015.
EastwoodS

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2023, 01:03:50 AM »

Beshear but I’m really not confident in it
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2023, 10:23:48 AM »

Cameron.
Dave Hedgehog
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2023, 11:30:42 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 11:34:17 AM by Dave Hedgehog »

Same, I just have that feeling at the pit of my stomach that partisanship and nationalizing the race at a time when Biden's approvals are cratering again will bail him out in the end. I hope I'm wrong as this will be the ultimate case of people voting for a letter in front of a name rather than a candidate (really can't think of anything Cameron's said on the campaign trail other than bringing Biden up at any opportunity), but the state is so red federally that I just see the chips falling this way when all's said and done. I'm not convinced Laura Kelly would have won again if she'd been running in a Trump +26 as opposed to a Trump +15 state.
EastwoodS

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2023, 12:02:03 PM »

Same, I just have that feeling at the pit of my stomach that partisanship and nationalizing the race at a time when Biden's approvals are cratering again will bail him out in the end. I hope I'm wrong as this will be the ultimate case of people voting for a letter in front of a name rather than a candidate (really can't think of anything Cameron's said on the campaign trail other than bringing Biden up at any opportunity), but the state is so red federally that I just see the chips falling this way when all's said and done. I'm not convinced Laura Kelly would have won again if she'd been running in a Trump +26 as opposed to a Trump +15 state.
He talked about ending the state income tax, which is hella based. But that’s it. Everything else was culture war nonsense.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2023, 12:31:53 PM »

Will the race be close?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2023, 01:07:03 PM »

Does 5 points count as close?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2023, 01:09:01 PM »

Not really.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2023, 02:29:06 PM »

Still Beshear since we don’t really have a precedent of a popular incumbent Governor losing since Ann Richards lost 29 years ago. But if any state were to break that trend, Kentucky is a solid bet given how red it has become.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2023, 02:35:58 PM »

Still Beshear since we don’t really have a precedent of a popular incumbent Governor losing since Ann Richards lost 29 years ago. But if any state were to break that trend, Kentucky is a solid bet given how red it has become.

Bob Ehrlich was 18 years ago.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies