KY Gov - Emerson - Tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:07:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY Gov - Emerson - Tied
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: KY Gov - Emerson - Tied  (Read 2074 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2023, 04:02:21 PM »

I feel the need to tell everyone that it is highly unlikely that Cameron closed a 16-point gap in just a month, but Atlas is gonna Atlas.

Well, it's also highly unlikely that there ever was a 16 point gap.

Then what exactly was the issue with the first poll?

Outlier, like Biden +17 in Wisconsin in 2020.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2023, 04:03:16 PM »

I feel the need to tell everyone that it is highly unlikely that Cameron closed a 16-point gap in just a month, but Atlas is gonna Atlas.

How do you know this is not an outlier like the 2022 ones that had Oz, Masters, Laxalt leading?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2023, 04:05:38 PM »

How do you know this is not an outlier like the 2022 ones that had Oz, Masters, Laxalt leading?

It could be, and I hope it is. I just highly doubt it based on my 30+ years of knowledge of Kentucky. Also at least a couple other polls showed the race about this tight, but no others had Beshear leading by as lopsided a margin as the last one.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2023, 04:08:31 PM »

It could be, and I hope it is. I just highly doubt it based on my 30+ years of knowledge of Kentucky. Also at least a couple other polls showed the race about this tight, but no others had Beshear leading by as lopsided a margin as the last one.

Why do you trust this poll more than the 2022 final Emerson polls?

And besides, most polls had Beshear with a modest lead. This is the only one to have Cameron actually on the verge of winning and is an outlier in that regard.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2023, 04:16:09 PM »

And besides, most polls had Beshear with a modest lead. This is the only one to have Cameron actually on the verge of winning and is an outlier in that regard.

There were a couple other polls (albeit R-sponsored ones, granted) that had the race within a couple points, within the margin of error.  You're right that it is the only one that shows Cameron actually outright winning by any measure, and I still do expect Beshear to win so it's not that I really trust this poll. I just think a race that comes within a point is far more likely than a 16 point blowout, simply based on state partisanship, the national environment, and the 2019 results.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2023, 04:17:54 PM »

There were a couple other polls (albeit R-sponsored ones, granted) that had the race within a couple points, within the margin of error.  You're right that it is the only one that shows Cameron actually outright winning by any measure, and I still do expect Beshear to win so it's not that I really trust this poll. I just think a race that comes within a point is far more likely than a 16 point blowout, simply based on state partisanship, the national environment, and the 2019 results.

Yes it’s more likely than a 16 point blowout, but that doesn’t necessarily make it more likely than a modest 3-4 point Beshear win.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2023, 04:29:41 PM »

Yes it’s more likely than a 16 point blowout, but that doesn’t necessarily make it more likely than a modest 3-4 point Beshear win.

I don't disagree. I wouldn't be shocked by anything from Cameron +3 to Beshear +5 or so. Anything beyond that in either direction would be a surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies