AOC calls AIPAC an racist and extremist organization that destablizes democracy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:11:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC calls AIPAC an racist and extremist organization that destablizes democracy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: AOC calls AIPAC an racist and extremist organization that destablizes democracy  (Read 2515 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2023, 11:10:25 AM »

AOC is just as bad as the others in the squad , she just hid it slightly longer .
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 11:16:32 AM »

I don't even care much for AIPAC but people's reactions to them are reliably insane.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 11:29:57 AM »

Is she implying that AIPAC would be fine with an anti-Israel congressman if they were white? It’s not really AIPAC’s fault that anti-Israel politicians are disproportionately “people of color.” In fact the very AIPAC messaging she is quoting seems to be singling out the only white person who voted against this??
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 11:50:47 AM »

It is, and she's right.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 11:52:27 AM »

AIPAC is a horrible group of people, a horrible organization and its influence should be shunned from the Democratic party as an agent of authoritarianism and insurrectionist / illiberal right-wing sympathizing.

It's the primary reason I refused to support Porter anymore in CA-SEN.

Glad more Dems are catching on to the broad, globally-held beliefs surrounding these conflicts and these scumbags.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 11:58:21 AM »

AOC is just as bad as the others in the squad , she just hid it slightly longer .

Workaround for those who do not use the X-birdsite (used because I was curious):
https://nitter.net/aoc/status/1719527294157336776

1) she replied after AIPAC called her out for not "standing with Israel".
2) AOC's reply opens with, "AIPAC endorsed scores of Jan 6th insurrectionists. They are no friend to American democracy." She's not wrong.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 12:55:49 PM »

Both AOC and AIPAC should take a break from tweeting.
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 12:56:45 PM »

They singled out Thomas Massie in that tweet, who last time I checked wasnt a POC.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 01:39:56 PM »

If she just left it at the first sentence, her tweet could've been effective.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 01:50:27 PM »

Love her.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 02:02:10 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2023, 03:05:00 PM by WalterWhite »

They are right. AIPAC is a right-wing organization that has no interest in actually putting forward a solution for the Israel-Palestine crisis and is purely a machine to advance the interest of conservative politics. Real organizations that are trying to advance towards Peace in the Middle East, such as J Street, oppose AIPAC's psychotic pro-Netanyahu stances.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 02:12:09 PM »

AIPAC is a horrible group of people, a horrible organization and its influence should be shunned from the Democratic party as an agent of authoritarianism and insurrectionist / illiberal right-wing sympathizing.

Glad more Dems are catching on to the broad, globally-held beliefs surrounding these conflicts and these scumbags.

I agree. I have no problems with the "Israel lobby" as a whole. I don't care about groups like DMFI or J Street. I defended them when Nina Turner threw out anti-Semitic attacks against them. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

AIPAC has increasingly turned into a right-wing front group disguised as a nonpartisan interest group. Remember when they carried water for Netanyahu's anti-Obama speech in 2014? This has been happening for a long while, yet somehow these people are still welcome in Democratic circles!

It's an incredibly disturbing trend of the right wing co-opting their vision of what Israel should be under the guise of Israeli interests. If they want to go right, I have no problem with that. Do your thing. But don't sit there and claim to be "nonpartisan" when you question Dems' Jewishness for not agreeing with your PAC, carry water for attacks on the Democratic Party, and continue to back right-wing partisans who want to turn the US into a dictatorship.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2023, 02:15:58 PM »

In short, call me when AOC starts chanting "from the river to the sea" or talking about how Israel hypnotizes the world. Bring up how she associates with Tlaib. But the part about them destabilizing democracy and being right-wing is absolutely true.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2023, 02:22:48 PM »

I agree. I have no problems with the "Israel lobby" as a whole. I don't care about groups like DMFI or J Street. I defended them when Nina Turner threw out anti-Semitic attacks against them. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

AIPAC has increasingly turned into a right-wing front group disguised as a nonpartisan interest group. Remember when they carried water for Netanyahu's anti-Obama speech in 2014? This has been happening for a long while, yet somehow these people are still welcome in Democratic circles!

It's an incredibly disturbing trend of the right wing co-opting their vision of what Israel should be under the guise of Israeli interests. If they want to go right, I have no problem with that. Do your thing. But don't sit there and claim to be "nonpartisan" when you question Dems' Jewishness for not agreeing with your PAC, carry water for attacks on the Democratic Party, and continue to back right-wing partisans who want to turn the US into a dictatorship.

Israel has always been in the heart core of US foreign policy interests as a consensus though. So it’s hard for coward democrats to speak against Israel when Israel policy has become a gateway tool for the propelling of far-right extremism even within their own country.

At least I like to think it’s stupidity and democrats being dumber than a rock to be aware of the current context, otherwise it would mean they care more about Israel than about themselves lol. Which is still its own way of being dumb, but worse.

Netanyahu is Trump and Trump is Netanyahu.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2023, 02:30:38 PM »

The Nazi-endorser is repeating antisemitic rhetoric, news at 11.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2023, 02:32:41 PM »

Good! I'm always surprised when AOC sticks to her principles like this because it seems like she just wants to be a big name in a new, somewhat more progressive Democrat establishment a few years down the road, so I generally expect her to play the game and sell out whenever the Clinton Democrats try their purges. I disagree with the "change the system through the system" approach but it's moments like these where I have to respect progressives for trying.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2023, 02:35:39 PM »

If you call opposition to AIPAC antisemitic I guess I can call you pro January 6th for supporting them. That's how little sense you make right now.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2023, 02:39:21 PM »

If you call opposition to AIPAC antisemitic I guess I can call you pro January 6th for supporting them. That's how little sense you make right now.

You do realize they're not going to ask your politics if the pogroms escalate, right?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »

You do realize they're not going to ask your politics if the pogroms escalate, right?

Lol, the victim complex you have should really be studied.

I'm very safe in America and if I'm ever not safe, it won't be because of my Jewish heritage, that's for sure.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 02:45:00 PM »

Don’t forget that fascists and Nazis are the biggest Israel enthusiasts not suddenly in the current moment but since XX Century in its very creation. White supremacists in Europe were the biggest supporters of Israel as a “Place for Jews to migrate to” because it meant getting rid of them in Europe. These Nazi ideals still live to this day in the minds of the biggest Israel supporters.

Only reason Jewish people even need a State to call one of their own is because White European people killed them. Yet it’s the Arabs who didn’t do anything that randomly need to give up their land for them because no one cares about them (and cuz the British said so lol)

I always wonder why a Jewish State couldn’t have been created in Europe to begin with, after the World War II. And the obvious reason is that they still weren’t welcomed there. If Israel was located in Europe, you can bet safe money that rhetoric from its biggest supporters would magically become the polar opposite.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 02:53:50 PM »

Israel has always been in the heart core of US foreign policy interests as a consensus though. So it’s hard for coward democrats to speak against Israel when Israel policy has become a gateway tool for the propelling of far-right extremism even within their own country.

At least I like to think it’s stupidity and democrats being dumber than a rock to be aware of the current context, otherwise it would mean they care more about Israel than about themselves lol. Which is still its own way of being dumb, but worse.

So then by that logic you'd vote for Netanyahu.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2023, 02:56:15 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/17/pro-israel-lobby-defeat-democrats-palestinians-2022

J Street’s spokesperson Logan Bayroff said it best:

AIPAC are taking all this money from Republican donors, and they’re obfuscating the fact that they’re a very Republican-aligned organization while trying to persuade Democratic voters who they should support.

The United Democracy Project sounds innocuous and the advertising that they’re running in these districts is about healthcare and reproductive rights and things that have nothing to do with Israel. Which makes sense because those are the things that decide elections, not Israel. But the reason that they’re aligning with certain candidates is because they are more aligned with their more hawkish positions on Israel, and because they fear that other candidates will be more progressive and aligned with the Palestinians.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2023, 02:57:17 PM »

Don’t forget that fascists and Nazis are the biggest Israel enthusiasts not suddenly in the current moment but since XX Century in its very creation. White supremacists in Europe were the biggest supporters of Israel as a “Place for Jews to migrate to” because it meant getting rid of them in Europe. These Nazi ideals still live to this day in the minds of the biggest Israel supporters.

Only reason Jewish people even need a State to call one of their own is because White European people killed them. Yet it’s the Arabs who didn’t do anything that randomly need to give up their land for them because no one cares about them (and cuz the British said so lol)

I always wonder why a Jewish State couldn’t have been created in Europe to begin with, after the World War II. And the obvious reason is that they still weren’t welcomed there. If Israel was located in Europe, you can bet safe money that rhetoric from its biggest supporters would magically become the polar opposite.

This is laughably false in every way possible . Nazis literally worked with the Grand Mufti of Palestine because both of them had the same goal of wanting to Genocide Jews  and neo Nazis to this day despise Israel and want to see its destruction because their goal like Hamas is genocide .

Also the reason a Jewish state was created in the Middle East was because that’s where Jews themselves wanted it to be created and it’s creation was supported by both the US and USSR which were nations that literally fought the Nazis in WW2 so your point is completely false .

Lastly the global south is more pro Israel today than it was in the past so cope
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2023, 02:59:21 PM »

Israel has not always been the core of US Foreign policy lol . It wasn’t so until the 1990s and prior to 1967 the US was less pro Israel than the USSR was so your point is false again
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2023, 03:00:02 PM »

Anyway, AIPAC is not a particularly good organization. They're a one-issue organization which gives them a massive blind spot on how bad the Republicans have become. If anyone asked me about donating to them, I would encourage them to donate to DMFI instead, which does great work.

The Squad, Pocan (who gets a really big pass for being one of the most antisemitic members of Congress), and their ilk hate DMFI just as much as they do AIPAC, which should give you a clue what their real objection is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies