Campaign to name the new Atlasian capital city Yankee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:41:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign to name the new Atlasian capital city Yankee  (Read 241 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2023, 08:09:38 PM by Da Op »

A press release by former FM, PPT, Ishan OSA(G)

Fellow Atlasians,

While I am retired from public life, and I aim to remain above the fray of Atlasian politics for the foreseeable future, I have decided to create a campaign to name the new capital city after the great North Carolina Yankee.

Some might ask; why should the capital be named after an influential figure like him? Well, I'd say that the capital should be named after a person who played a huge role in Atlasia from between 2008 to earlier this year, when he unfortunately went missing.

He played a significant role as a former President and Senator, and party chairs of the Regional Protection Party and the Federalist Party and as the leader of the Atlasian right, keeping the it alive even its weakest times and there by keeping the game alive. Without Yankee, the game would be surely dead.

So I implore to my fellow citizens, please message your Senators to select Yankee as a finalist, and should his name be one of the finalists selected by the Senate, vote for it in the referendum on November 17th.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 02:48:14 PM »

I confess I am torn.

On one hand, if there's a player who deserves it (in light of his career, sacrifices and time/effort invested), it's Yankee.

On the other, I'm not sure he would want us to name the capital after him. And perhaps more important, it kinda feels - and I could be mistaken here - like giving up on his return when we're all hoping that he will reappear.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 02:58:37 PM »

I agree with Lumine. Yankee wouldn't want the capital named after him, and as of now no one even knows if he's coming back or not.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 02:31:33 AM »

For the record as sympathetic as I am to Yankee, I would not support naming the new capital after any player aside from keeping it Nyman-based, as "New Nyman" or whatever, for the same reason it would be pretty gauche to rename the IRL capital after any president aside from Washington. Everyone can agree Nym/Washington deserved it; picking another president is inherently subjective.

This goes for Yankee, Peri, Griff, Lumine, Spiral, whoever.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies