Gerald Ford's prediction on the first woman president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:55:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gerald Ford's prediction on the first woman president
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this what will happen?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Gerald Ford's prediction on the first woman president  (Read 1876 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2023, 07:39:02 AM »

I can tell you how I think it will happen. Because it won't happen in the, uh, normal course of events. Either the Republican or Democrat political party will nominate a man for President and a woman for Vice President, and the woman and man will win, so you'll end up with a president male and a vice president--a female. And in that term of office of the president, the president will die. And the woman will become president under the law of the Constitution. And once that barrier is broken, from then on, men better be careful, because they'll have a hard, hard time ever even getting a nomination in the future.
I appreciate how direct and honest he was about his thoughts to a young child, by the way.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 12:41:58 PM »

The first half has come true, could still happen to Biden as he's definitely not young...but no signs yet.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 02:44:23 PM »

Interesting bluntness. But also interesting is that last night, I dreamed that Biden died. Was Gerald Ford in my brain?
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 11:19:08 AM »

In the next four or eight years? Try 30+ years.

It's slightly depressing when you see people from decades ago predict a female president in their near future.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 07:43:16 PM »

This is really weird. I'd expect most presidents say to a little girl "You know what, I bet the first woman president will be you"
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 06:13:37 PM »

This is really weird. I'd expect most presidents say to a little girl "You know what, I bet the first woman president will be you"

Politicians weren't as patronizing before Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton came along.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 06:22:34 PM »

It's slightly depressing when you see people from decades ago predict a female president in their near future.

It's honestly really weird that Gerald Ford answered a little girl's question about a female president by telling her it would happen when the next president dies and his female VP takes over. Then he tries to make it like a feminist thing by implying she'd do so well men would have a hard time after that? It's all so weird to watch lol.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 07:06:44 PM »

Politicians weren't as patronizing before Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton came along.
I very much doubt FDR or JFK or Lincoln would respond this way either. Or Eisenhower.

I would expect an akward answer like this from someone like Nixon
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 11:12:49 AM »

It's honestly really weird that Gerald Ford answered a little girl's question about a female president by telling her it would happen when the next president dies and his female VP takes over. Then he tries to make it like a feminist thing by implying she'd do so well men would have a hard time after that? It's all so weird to watch lol.

See, I think Jerry is just too ahead of his time here.  He knows America is too sexist to actually vote for a woman, so he figures a woman president won't happen until a female VP ascends to the office (which wasn't rare for Ford, it happened 4 times in his lifetime!)  He's #woke. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 11:18:56 AM »

Smart guy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »

It could still be the case however the 2024 election goes especially if Nikky Haley becomes Hump's running mate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies