Would you vote for Ron Paul if on the ballot in 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Would you vote for Ron Paul if on the ballot in 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you vote for Ron Paul if on the ballot in 2008?
Yes (republican nominee only)

Yes (any parties nominee)

No (would vote for republican nominee)

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Would you vote for Ron Paul if on the ballot in 2008?  (Read 3146 times)
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:25:58 AM »
« edited: May 04, 2007, 05:31:15 AM by AngelFromKansas »

Ron Paul is a man with passion. He is the closest thing this country has to Ross Perot. He's a maverick -  A real maverick, not a phony like McCain - who would shake up the system. As an independent candidate he wouldn't get much done, with two hostile parties who love their pork, but he wouldn't do much harm.

He's not as much of a populist as Perot, though, and i doubt he's a friend of the little guy. He has some strong views that resonant with the hard right and hard left of both parties.

He believes strongly that we should arm every man and woman. Virginia Tech would never have happened had ever person had a gun. Thats a fact
He wants the US to get rid of all nuclear weapons. Unfortunately the last person who tried to change with the military was Kennedy.
He is also against the war and has refused to fund it.

He is a man of principal. Something we need? or just another boring generic politician using the presidency for his career?

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 06:09:32 AM »

Depends on who the Republican and Democratic nominees were...I live in a swing state, if I particularly liked either the R or the D, or hated the R or D, I might be inclined to cast a ballot for the other main contender since PA is likely to be close come nov 2008.

If I'm ambivalent...I might throw a vote Ron's way.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 07:00:32 AM »

For the race he will be running for - The 14th Congressional District in Texas

Sure, I'd vote for him.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

Option 5:  It depends who he is running against.
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:35:01 AM »

[dont ask questions on the forum susanna, you never get an answer] agreed
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 07:38:46 AM »

[dont ask questions on the forum susanna, you never get an answer] agreed

hahaha . . . you'll learn . . . we can be quite "picky" about who is running.  Tongue  Honestly, unless someone REALLY terrible is running against him, I can't see myself voting for Paul.  And even in that case, I'm sure there would be a viable third-party candidate that would beat both of them.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 09:55:38 AM »

Only way I'll probably vote Republican is if RP gets the nomination.

I wasn't going to start a new topic for this, but since there is a Ron Paul topic, last night he said he trusts the Internet more than the mainstream media. Well today all over the news says something along the lines of "There were no disagreements (at the debate) that withdrawing from Iraq would be a mistake." I wonder why Paul doesn't trust the mainstream media.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »

Due to his opposition of a necessary war in the middle east, no.
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
« Edited: May 04, 2007, 10:05:09 AM by AngelFromKansas »

Only way I'll probably vote Republican is if RP gets the nomination.

I wasn't going to start a new topic for this, but since there is a Ron Paul topic, last night he said he trusts the Internet more than the mainstream media. Well today all over the news says something along the lines of "There were no disagreements (at the debate) that withdrawing from Iraq would be a mistake." I wonder why Paul doesn't trust the mainstream media.

Completely agree with you. I have never seen Ron Paul on Fox News. I cant remember any of their Conservative hosts promoting his agenda. When i talk with friends about politics and the next president, you always hear the name Ron Paul. Conservatives seem to love him. Or are my friends not Conservative.

Its funny that since the democratic debate, only one candidate has benefited and that was Kucinich. He continues to poll 2% now in national polls. Yet he will be kept in the bottom tier. Again the media mocks him, saying he is this and that like they do when they mention Ron Paul. These people though have something that not many politicians have; principle.

It's a shame we dont have more people like this in America. Thats what happens in politics Sad they are in it for their career not to serve their country. Sad
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 10:12:09 AM »

Paul is the GOP equivalent of Kucinich (an insane).
NHPolitico

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 10:31:08 AM »

He'd have to explain why Libby's role in going to war in Iraq would have any bearing on pardoning him for being convicted in a leak case that involved someone else entirely being the leaker.
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »

I would consider it.  A liberal Dem would make a good running mate for ballance on economic issues.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »

Virginia Tech would never have happened had ever person had a gun. Thats a fact

That's not a fact, it's a belief- and a wrong one at that. If everyone had a gun, there'd be more shootings, and they'd be more deadly.
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »

That's not a fact, it's a belief- and a wrong one at that. If everyone had a gun, there'd be more shootings, and they'd be more deadly.

more than 30 people would have died in Virginia tech had they all had guns?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 11:24:10 AM »

no.  never.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »

Possibly. If you give all the crazies guns, there'd be more shootings. That's why giving people more guns is not the answer. We have to keep guns from getting into the hands of crazies. If everyone has guns, then every crazy person will have a gun too.
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »

Possibly. If you give all the crazies guns, there'd be more shootings. That's why giving people more guns is not the answer. We have to keep guns from getting into the hands of crazies. If everyone has guns, then every crazy person will have a gun too.

no its called being a citizen. you cant rely on the police. Sometimes when the cops see crazy person even they dont go in. I believe in evolution not just with monkeys but as a principle for society to follow. The weak are always the victims. Had the weak had a gun it would have been stopped. Either the killer had doubt that he could succeed because he knew people were armed or someone would have shot him while he was shooting someone else. no way 30 people die. but i guarantee you and those kids that died that day said this;

'god i wish i had a gun right now' Sad bless their souls
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »

Angel, why do you have a Democrta avatar?

Obviously I would not vote for Ron Paul - how is he a 'maverick'?  He's a Republican!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »

no its called being a citizen. you cant rely on the police. Sometimes when the cops see crazy person even they dont go in. I believe in evolution not just with monkeys but as a principle for society to follow. The weak are always the victims. Had the weak had a gun it would have been stopped. Either the killer had doubt that he could succeed because he knew people were armed or someone would have shot him while he was shooting someone else. no way 30 people die. but i guarantee you and those kids that died that day said this;

'god i wish i had a gun right now' Sad bless their souls

Gosh, I'm glad we dont have that mentality in my country.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 12:45:21 PM »

Obviously I would not vote for Ron Paul - how is he a 'maverick'?  He's a Republican!

He opposes the imperialist occupation of Iraq and the PATRIOT Act and all other fascist activities of the Bush administration. I'd also bet every dollar I have he voted Badnarik, not Bush, in 2004.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »

Yuppers.  Even if I didn’t agree with him as much as I do, I think we really need a President who’s gonna try and cut Government, since both Democrats and Republicans are focused on adding programs now.

What I’m saying is that I think having a President trying to cut Government and a Congress trying to build Government would balance things out.  The crazy cuts that I love but everyone else believes (and probably rightfully so Tongue) would bring on the apocalypse, wouldn’t get support in Congress, but the pork barrel spending, of any kind, would be vetoed.  Hopefully, what we could get is cuts everyone could agree to, and spending only when completely necessary.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »

Even if I didn’t agree with him as much as I do, I think we really need a President who’s gonna try and cut Government

If you didn't agree with him as much as you do, you wouldn't think you need a president who will do that. Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »

Even if I didn’t agree with him as much as I do, I think we really need a President who’s gonna try and cut Government

If you didn't agree with him as much as you do, you wouldn't think you need a president who will do that. Tongue

So, what you're saying is you’ve finally figured out that I'm incredible stupid and very poor at getting my point across.  Hooray for you! Roll Eyes

No, I'm just kidding Tongue  Man, I haven't posted on this forum in a long time, and at the risk of going to off topic, how is everyone? Cheesy

Anyway, what I meant what more from a Republican standpoint.  I think a lot of Republicans would like to see someone more libertarian than Bush, but not someone as extreme as Paul.  What I was saying is that Paul's extremism would work well to create a balance between the way Government's going now, and the way Paul wants it to go.

Unfortunately it will more than likely just lead to nothing getting done at all since, as a rule, politicians don't compromise, (I pretty sure that’s in the constitution,) and because 99% of the time I am wrong, as anyone who remembers me will tell you.  Both of them.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 04:35:46 PM »

Sorry, but there is no reason for any college kid to be carrying a gun to class.  There are too many emotional variables involved with kids dealing with separation, stress, relationships, hazing, etc which makes the potential for other VT's to occur too great.

But we've had this debate in another thread, so I won't continue it here.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »

Over my dead body. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies