The Most Racist Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:23:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Most Racist Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Most Racist Country  (Read 3072 times)
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2023, 06:54:20 AM »

I suppose the "most racist country" would be one where you're not even safe existing if you're open about being from a race/ethnicity which is hated in that country.

In which case I'd probably say Azerbaijan or Palestine, countries which one would be ill advised to even step foot in if one is an Armenian or Jew respectively.
bilaps
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2023, 09:48:55 AM »

That is right. How can there be any racism in Bosnia and Serbia when they don't have any black people?

There is racism in any country on the planet. Bosnia and Serbia have racists too. It just isn't nothing extraordinary like it's implied. There are far more racist countries in Europe. 
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2023, 10:04:24 AM »

The old joke about Ireland and Jews comes to mind.

(ie "we are the only country with no anti-Semitism, as we hated them too much to ever let them in")
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2023, 11:43:40 AM »

Japan's xenophobia is really not that unique, or even extreme compared to elsewhere.

Not that that stopped them from being genocidal fascists during the 1930s and first half of the 1940s.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2023, 12:38:09 PM »

Japan's xenophobia is really not that unique, or even extreme compared to elsewhere.

Not that that stopped them from being genocidal fascists during the 1930s and first half of the 1940s.

Then again, which countries at that time followed that particular, uh, tendency, has an infamous lack of correlation which ones have had a reputation for xenophobia or social exclusion before or after.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2023, 06:58:30 PM »

I doubt is the "Most racist country" but every person I know that has gone to Switzerland has been taken aback by the breathtaking level of racism they faced there.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2023, 07:25:58 PM »

I doubt is the "Most racist country" but every person I know that has gone to Switzerland has been taken aback by the breathtaking level of racism they faced there.

Yeah, in Western Europe the answer has to be either Switzerland or Denmark. Trying to measure that at the global scale gets very tricky though.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2023, 07:30:17 PM »

Yeah, in Western Europe the answer has to be either Switzerland or Denmark. Trying to measure that at the global scale gets very tricky though.

Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2023, 08:42:28 AM »

Now poll the Middle East
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2023, 10:02:15 AM »

As I have said multiple times before, that specific question is incredibly stupid as too many people in the West have been browbeaten into giving the "correct" answer or declining to participate. Measuring racism requires the eye test and more subtle intuition, not ham-fisted polls.
bilaps
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2023, 10:51:47 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2023, 02:44:38 PM by Hash »

Serbian War Anthem

https://youtu.be/eKawVMUD1Ds?t=16

The 'Chetniks' in the Bosnian war from Serbia and Russia were the most atrocious criminals raping and murdering young Muslim woman throughout the Bosnian war.

Serbian soldiers and Russian paramilitary "giving oath to their race" and "protecting the Fatherland".

So, this is how you're wrong in so many ways:

I literally never heard this song in my lifetime, and I'm 35 years old. So that's how it's popular.

There is nothing in this song that's racist, I could hardly called it nationalist. There is no mention of the race, translation is bad, the word "rod" doesn't mean race in Serbian. It's more like a people or family.

The song is literally made on the tune of one of the most famous Partizan songs from the WW2, it has nothing to do with Četniks which were sworn enemy of the Partizans.

And even if all you wrote in the post is true, and I just proved it wrong, one goddamn song on the internet is for sure no proof some nation is racist
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2023, 12:08:42 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2023, 12:17:26 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

Serbian War Anthem

https://youtu.be/eKawVMUD1Ds?t=16

The 'Chetniks' in the Bosnian war from Serbia and Russia were the most atrocious criminals raping and murdering young Muslim woman throughout the Bosnian war.

Serbian soldiers and Russian paramilitary "giving oath to their race" and "protecting the Fatherland".
And even if all you wrote in the post is true, and I just proved it wrong....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_Bosnian_War

Looks like the Serbian Chetniks raped between 20 to 50,000 Bosnian women during the war in 1992-1995.

The Serbian Chetnik monsters raped so many women, it has it's own Wikipedia page.

Serbian paramilitary groups put together rape camps for their soldiers during the war. Hideous.

The Srebrenica Massacre was the systematic slaughter of over 8,000 Muslim men in a disgraceful display of barbarism not seen since WW2. This massacre also has it's own Wikipedia page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

Some of the gravestones for the nearly 7,000 identified victims buried at the Srebrenica-Potočari Memorial and Cemetery for the Victims of the 1995 genocide.

Serbia certainly occupies a special part of ethnic cleansing history not many other modern nations can lay claim to.

Racism is the least of their problems judging by that performance.

Doviđenja!
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2023, 06:41:36 PM »

Now poll the Middle East

The point was not to single out any country as especially racist, but to point out how ridiculous I found the claim that Denmark is especially racist.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2023, 05:18:35 AM »

Now poll the Middle East

The point was not to single out any country as especially racist, but to point out how ridiculous I found the claim that Denmark is especially racist.

I know, my point is reinforcing yours : people who say Denmark is racist against sub-saharan Africans should go to Arab countries and see how they treat sub-Saharan Africans before lecturing Europeans (and Israel isn't exempt either given its treatment of Ethiopian Jews).
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2023, 07:43:51 AM »

As I have said multiple times before, that specific question is incredibly stupid as too many people in the West have been browbeaten into giving the "correct" answer or declining to participate. Measuring racism requires the eye test and more subtle intuition, not ham-fisted polls.

On nearly all objective measures, the "West" is overall significantly less racist than it was - I know this as well when comparing things now to how they were even in my 1980s youth. Of course some people hide their racism better than others - when was that not true of any prejudice ever?

Tbh this looks rather like invoking pseudo-science to deny obvious reality.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2023, 12:14:28 PM »

Anti-Black racism is just a single form of racism, though - albeit one of, if not the most, prevalent in the West
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2023, 01:35:38 PM »

Anti-Black racism is just a single form of racism, though - albeit one of, if not the most, prevalent in the West

Yes, but it’s also a general indicator of “inherent” bigotry in a culture* and the tolerance people have for that kind of bigotry.

* at least for societies where black is not connected with a specific culture, religion, or class.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2023, 05:53:07 AM »

Easy: North Korea
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2023, 12:15:40 PM »

Some might say "most xenophobic" rather than "most racist" there.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »

Can't believe people are smearing the Balkans when we know for a fact harvard proved serbs are the least racist people around.

Now ask them their thoughts on Albanians
bilaps
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »

Can't believe people are smearing the Balkans when we know for a fact harvard proved serbs are the least racist people around.

On the other hand, there's no need for anybody to ask for you thoughts, bigot.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2023, 06:31:29 PM »

I suppose the "most racist country" would be one where you're not even safe existing if you're open about being from a race/ethnicity which is hated in that country.

In which case I'd probably say Azerbaijan or Palestine, countries which one would be ill advised to even step foot in if one is an Armenian or Jew respectively.

How exactly are you defining "Palestine" here? If Palestine is a place that exists, surely Jews set foot there all the time.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2023, 06:34:06 PM »

*internet explodes with the force of ten thousand YouTube comments*
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2023, 09:44:31 PM »

How exactly are you defining "Palestine" here? If Palestine is a place that exists, surely Jews set foot there all the time.

Area A of the West Bank, or the Gaza Strip.

If you were to visit either of those places as a visibly Jewish person without any armed protection, I expect you'd be in actual physical danger.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies