A fun milestone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:19:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A fun milestone
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A fun milestone  (Read 335 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2023, 12:03:46 PM »

So, just noticed. The next Senate that was just elected will be the 118th, meaning that Atlasia will have caught up with the US Congress in terms of total number of sessions - the meeting of Congress that began this January is also the 118th. Since “game time” occurs at 12 times the speed of actual time, this means that both are essentially now the same age. Accounting for the two months of Atlasia prior to the first meeting of the Senate, we note that the first elections in Atlasia occurred 236 months and a couple days ago. Meanwhile, the Constitution was signed in Philadelphia…236 years, one month and one week ago.

Breaking this down further…as of today

The Constitution was signed on September 17, 1787 - 86,234 days ago.

The first Atlasian election began at noon on February 20, 2004 - 7,186 days ago.

7,186* 12 = 86,232.

That means that today, a little over four hours from now (four, not three, because of daylight savings) Atlasia will become “older” than the US Constitution.

There are a number of these milestones to come soon - in a couple months the First Constitution will similarly “match” the age of the US Constitution, and the first half of the year will also serve as the 20th anniversary of the game as a whole. But perhaps the most significant milestone like this one will happen a year from now - October 30, 2024 is the day on which Atlasia (measured from 20th of Feb, 2004) will become “older” than the United States (measured from 4th of July, 1776).
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 12:54:41 PM »

And we just had one of the highest turnouts ever, I believe. In the senate, the top candidate who loses will have 13+ votes and the current record is 11-ish.

Atlasia is not dead!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 01:00:28 AM »

Oh huh, I didn't make the connection that the Fifth Constitution took effect during the equivalent Congress to the Republican Revolution.

Or that my presidency almost lines up with Obama's.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 03:25:05 PM »

I appreciate the implication that Atlasia, in a way, moves backwards through time.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 04:09:02 PM »

Oh huh, I didn't make the connection that the Fifth Constitution took effect during the equivalent Congress to the Republican Revolution.

Or that my presidency almost lines up with Obama's.

If you line up with Obama, does that make me Trump? Huh

Given how everything went after my presidency, makes sense. MAKE ATLASIA GREAT AGAIN!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies