Scott for Frémont Parliament - Declare your independence.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:22:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott for Frémont Parliament - Declare your independence.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott for Frémont Parliament - Declare your independence.  (Read 1196 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2023, 10:06:16 AM »
« edited: November 05, 2023, 02:14:43 PM by Smile if you love men's prostates! »

So I guess we're doing this again.

This thread will serve as my new office located in the great city of Deadwood, South Dakota (because where else would I be?). First, I would like to emphatically state that I have no desire in running for any federal office. Second, I would like to start anew after learning from the mistakes I made earlier this year and serving out my punishment, which was justified by all accounts.

Here are my priorities and a preview of what I intend to do going forward if I am elected next month (and also how I intend to approach this game going forward):

1. No beepboop bills. Bills introduced in Parliament that are entirely or mostly written by AI should be banned, and any bill for which AI was used, in research purposes or otherwise, should have a citation to the specific engine used - whether that's ChatGPT, Bard, or anything else. I am not by any means anti-AI (I literally train AI for my job now), but I am disappointed that the Senate has not been enforcing this rule. I would like Parliament to set an example by codifying - and enforcing - this ban.

2. No party drama. I have registered unaffiliated because I am not interested in being told how to vote a certain way, be that as a legislator or citizen. From this day forward, I will vote the way I deem appropriate. While most of my views are undeniably leftist, and I don't have to go into detail about those, I do not wish to be beholden to any party. That also means I will not participate in strategic voting again or partisan Discord servers.

3. No bullsh!t. Lists have at least three things, so I'll just reiterate that I am only interested in legislating and writing good quality laws that aren't 100% created by a robot. While it is likely I will use AI for research, any bills I introduce will have proper citations.

I will, of course, answer any questions. But people here know me well enough that I don't think a fleshed-out platform is necessary.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 01:11:38 PM »

Just the type of spirit we need in the game! Proudly endorsed, and may you have the best of welcomes back to this wild world.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 03:52:33 PM »

damn. you, RC, and Koopa being in parliament all at once would definitely revive Fremont and make it a clear centre of independent thinking. endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 06:21:22 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2023, 06:27:35 PM by 21 Young Gun Salute »

Statement on failed override veto of End to Medical Termination bill

This is one issue that has been on my mind lately, and now I have reason to comment on it. Let me put it this way. In Frémont, I support the availability of euthanasia for terminally ill patients, provided that said patient is determined to be of sound mind and is making this very personal medical request on their own accord, after which, two doctors have chosen to approve the request. The vetoed bill in question was too broad and would have completely taken away patient autonomy for end-of-life care.

I should also note the irony that many of the bill's proponents had spent much of the year advocating for a "regional rights amendment." And indeed, as with most social issues, I believe that euthanasia is an issue best left for the regions to decide. Passing this no-exceptions bill would have significantly restrained regional autonomy rather than empower it, and in Denver I will support Frémont's right to set its own course on this issue and allow euthanasia in limited circumstances.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 08:09:20 PM »

damn. you, RC, and Koopa being in parliament all at once would definitely revive Fremont and make it a clear centre of independent thinking. endorsed.

As of this post, if all the undeclared incumbents (Koopa, RS, and ASV) declare for reelection in addition to Ebowed and the four non-incumbents (RC, Spark, myself, and Laki), we'll be on track to elect the maximum seven-member Parliament (including the FM)! That would make November the first competitive election for Parliament in years.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 08:36:48 PM »

Endorsed
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 10:40:07 AM »

An honest and independent-minded voice like you is certainly what we need more of in Atlasia, and I know you'll represent your region well. Endorsed.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 02:27:56 PM »

Endorsed
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 04:14:17 PM »

Endorsed
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2023, 04:07:41 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2023, 04:38:46 PM by 21 Young Gun Salute »

Rancho Mission Viejo
Orange County, California

It's great to be back in California!

Well, it's certainly shaping up to be an exciting race. The first competitive election for Parliament in years, and I'm running alongside a very interesting slate of candidates.

As an MP, it is important that I be honest with the voters. Frémont operates under the assumption that we have a surplus and only the rich pay taxes; local and state taxation is banned, because Frémont funds all public services.

And yet, there's never been an explanation as to how this is possible. To be blunt, it's extremely unlikely that Frémont has a surplus while only the wealthiest people pay any tax. It's simply unrealistic. And unless proponents of the Truman-style governance of this region can explain how this is mathematically possible, we must reject Truman-esque "voodoo economics" as it pertains to our budget.

The next budget, of course, is slated to pass in December. This is a golden opportunity to seriously reevaluate our tax code and make necessary changes that actually reflect reality, rather than Truman's utopian fantasy. I don't want to raise taxes on low and middle-income people. But we must examine the current tax law and how it generates the revenue we need to keep public services working.

Frémont's taxation model is fundamentally strong. In Lincoln and the South, the states have to fund their own services. The result is double or triple taxation that includes state/local, regional, and federal. Now people criticize Frémont's system all the time, yet we stand apart from the other regions because we want people to pay less in taxes, not more.

The next Parliament, I trust, will be controlled by other independent-minded people. I am proud to say that the era of personality cults in Frémont is dead at the local level. And the fact that so many people are moving to Frémont and running for office is a sign that we are finally living up to our potential as a great region. And I'm damn proud of Frémont and the independent streak that's always persisted.

And so with that said, I humbly ask for your first preference in next month's elections. Honesty matters, and so does experience.

1. https://resourcecenter.lennar.com/california-orange-county/3-new-neighborhoods-now-open-selling-at-the-rancho-mission-viejo-masterplan/
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2023, 05:18:44 PM »

Endorsed; Fremont will do well with you in Parliament.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023, 01:32:50 PM »

Statement on Anti-Tyrant League v. Wulfric

I really don't know what the hell is going on in Nyman with like twenty lawsuits right now. However, the case has been seen and I wanted to reiterate that if this broad euthanasia ban is instated, I will lobby for a regional rights bill and work with Senator Laki to pass this as a compromise.

That will hopefully be the extent of my involvement in Nyman/whatever the new capital's name will be. But requiring a terminal/debilitating illness diagnosis and getting approval from two doctors who determine that the patient is of sound mind is, I believe, an appropriate compromise. It is the policy I support for Frémont and I hope that regional rights supporters who voted for the bill can agree to a compromise on this issue.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »

I support that and i'll work to use my influence to get it passed in Fremont.

Endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2023, 02:03:44 PM »

Jackson, Wyoming1

Well, here we are, friends. The election is upon us, and I'm pleased to see so many people come out in this 49 degree weather.

But this is where my journey started. I've always loved Frémont. We're a truly unique region, and I want to uphold our liberal Western values. I will always support the working class. I will support our farmers. I will protect the rights of responsible and law-abiding gun owners. I will continue working to keep Frémont free, and I am willing to go to Nyman - or the new capital - should it be necessary, in order to maintain our region's autonomy over certain policies.

As we enter the holidays, the upcoming budget will be the biggest challenge for the new Parliament. We need to come together and review our tax code - to ensure that we are able to continue funding our government without burdening our citizens with high taxes. Which is precisely the reason I fought for centralization of all funding in Denver. This is one thing that the other two regions lack, and as a result citizens are forced to pay state, local, federal, and regional taxes. That is simply not conductive for economic growth.

And so I humbly ask for your first preference this weekend. I seek to represent all of Frémont, from Los Angeles to Minneapolis. And I will always be a voice for small towns like Jackson.

From the (Mississippi) River to the (Pacific) sea, Frémont continues to be free!

1. https://www.barrons.com/articles/great-escapes-a-well-rounded-winter-getaway-in-jackson-hole-wyoming-01645211224
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2023, 07:17:14 PM »

We're back!

And what a great showing it was! Thanks to everyone who voted this weekend. The upcoming session tomorrow will definitely be an interesting one for our commonwealth. The very first legislation I'll be introducing is the AI bill ban. Following that, now with the Senate nearing a compromise on euthanasia policy, I will write a bill legalizing medical euthanasia under the rules and circumstances I have proposed.

Last thoughts: everyone can probably agree that the part of the game to dread most is the budget. And so with the upcoming resolution, I would like to move Frémont's fiscal year to coincide more with the federal government's, when the holidays aren't on people's minds. Thinking realistically, no one is going to want to re-examine or overhaul the tax code and the higher-than-usual interest in last weekend's election doesn't change that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies