What would most likely happen with this Presidential primary scenario.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:58:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What would most likely happen with this Presidential primary scenario.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would most likely happen with this Presidential primary scenario.  (Read 909 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2023, 05:44:53 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2023, 05:50:15 PM by Benjamin Frank »

This isn't my idea. I've mentioned before that I spent my secondary school years listening to late night radio, especially the CBC, which featured two programs that played a lot of British alternative music (The Smiths and the Cure, but also more, this was pre world wide web. No alternative country but one night one played the Los Lobos album By the Light of the Moon straight through.)

Ralph Benmergui hosted Night Lines while Brent Bambury hosted Brave New Waves. Anyway, they also played modern radio serials (one aired the radio version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, although the Star Wars radio serialization aired on the CBC  in prime time.)

Anyway, one radio serialization I missed except for this one episode. I may not remember accurately the background but I believe it featured a person coming from the future who wanted to run in the upcoming (1988) Presidential primaries in order to get some message out. I believe he was advised to withhold his message until after the Iowa caucus which he was told he could not win, but that he should spend the entire time campaigning in one town (or precinct) and his resutling surprising win in this one town (precinct) would generate a great deal of media interest for a few days during which he could deliver his message.

So, could a candidate solely campaigning in one town in Iowa win that town?
If so, what would be the result of the media attention, if any? Could that candidate then become a more serious contender in New Hampshire and on?
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 06:39:15 PM »

Assuming Babbitt does so and wins a county bordering the Missisippi River, the media would relentlessly mock him for only campaigning there, and he'd still drop out due to this negative coverage
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies