NBC news article: Arab voters rage at Biden in key swing state (Michigan)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:41:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NBC news article: Arab voters rage at Biden in key swing state (Michigan)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: NBC news article: Arab voters rage at Biden in key swing state (Michigan)  (Read 3215 times)
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2023, 09:18:24 AM »

The Muslim/Arab vote in this country at 1.3% is just not significant. And this figure in addition to being packed into NY, NJ, IL, MD probably includes some Arabs who hate the Islamist movement (a lot of immigrants vote against the regimes they escaped, Dems learned this hard way in Miami).

Elections usually are within 1%

Those 1.3% would make the difference between Trump winning re-election or not in 2020 given how close some states were.

1.3% is the national figure. What I'm saying is persuasion with white moderates is probably an easy way to counter a swing among Muslims. Of course leftists think being to the left of Lenin and Mao is the way you get minorities to turn out and vote Dem.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2023, 12:32:51 PM »

What I don't get about this type of story or this supposed trend is that Biden never hid his views on Israel, and anyone who voted for him in 2020 knew what they were getting. Trump is even more pro-Israel than Biden, and in case anyone is wondering, so is RFK Jr.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2023, 01:13:01 PM »

What I don't get about this type of story or this supposed trend is that Biden never hid his views on Israel, and anyone who voted for him in 2020 knew what they were getting. Trump is even more pro-Israel than Biden, and in case anyone is wondering, so is RFK Jr.
That's true, but at the same time, Arab and Muslim and especially Palestinian-American voters don't want to be effectively complicit in their own destruction, and they deserve more than scolding from white liberals.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2023, 02:19:24 PM »

That's true, but at the same time, Arab and Muslim and especially Palestinian-American voters don't want to be effectively complicit in their own destruction, and they deserve more than scolding from white liberals.

What are Biden and moderate Dems supposed to do? Endorse crashing planes into buildings? Yes I am being sarcastic but Arabs hold some issue positions very far out of the mainstream.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2023, 03:34:02 PM »

Giving in so much to the BLM crap was largely responsible for destroying Democratic advantages in most swing states. If Biden is smart, he won't indulge in this nonsense. Most Americans are not sympathetic to Hamas, no matter how many thousands of idiots stumble aimlessly around Chicago with antisemitic signs. This whole drama is entirely manufactured outrage. Democrats need to find an answer people's economic anxieties, which they're so far failing to do. That's what this election will be won or lost on. Persuadable voters don't care about Israel-Palestine, and that's not even taking into account that no one will remember this two months from now, let alone next November.
sul
Rookie
United States
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2023, 04:32:46 PM »

painfully disagree with your first point. This is now a super mainstream topic & whatever Biden says will be crucified by his own supporters. I personally didn't know or care what his stance on isreal was back in 2020 tons of people could say the same. the topics at for-front, his voters are mad.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2023, 04:41:32 PM »

There are people smarter than anyone on here who say that this will be a problem for him in 2024.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2023, 05:43:11 PM »

Giving in so much to the BLM crap was largely responsible for destroying Democratic advantages in most swing states. If Biden is smart, he won't indulge in this nonsense. Most Americans are not sympathetic to Hamas, no matter how many thousands of idiots stumble aimlessly around Chicago with antisemitic signs. This whole drama is entirely manufactured outrage. Democrats need to find an answer people's economic anxieties, which they're so far failing to do. That's what this election will be won or lost on. Persuadable voters don't care about Israel-Palestine, and that's not even taking into account that no one will remember this two months from now, let alone next November.
There was no democratic advantage in swing states that wasn’t projected from s••• polls and BLM helped Biden win, that’s the reality.

The most this conflict will do is lessen Palestinian and Muslim turnout, which is killer with an electorate poorer and more disappointed in Democrats than on November 6, 2020. Michigan is now lost for the Democratic party on account of Biden not condemning the extreme anti-Arab and Islamophobic wave taking hold.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2023, 09:39:06 PM »

Biden is in a no-win situation. If he sides with the Israelis, he loses Arabs. If he sides with the Palestinians, he loses Jews. The only winner in all this is Trump. It's sad because from all appearances Biden is doing what he can behind the scenes to avoid escalation.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2023, 09:42:43 PM »

Biden is in a no-win situation. If he sides with the Israelis, he loses Arabs. If he sides with the Palestinians, he loses Jews. The only winner in all this is Trump. It's sad because from all appearances Biden is doing what he can behind the scenes to avoid escalation.
Biden could have done the exact same things as he is doing now and not be in this worse position if he called out the severe anti-Arab/Islamophobic wave going on.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2023, 10:06:57 PM »

Is heatcharger going to post anything besides race-baiting and "BLACKS FOR TRUMP!!!!111!!" cope?
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2023, 10:50:43 PM »

There was no democratic advantage in swing states that wasn’t projected from s••• polls and BLM helped Biden win, that’s the reality.

The most this conflict will do is lessen Palestinian and Muslim turnout, which is killer with an electorate poorer and more disappointed in Democrats than on November 6, 2020. Michigan is now lost for the Democratic party on account of Biden not condemning the extreme anti-Arab and Islamophobic wave taking hold.

For the last time, some Muslims already vote red and this group even in Michigan is small enough for Biden to slip with and still win by plenty. A small white college or WWC shift counters this. And from midterms and the specials, Dems might still be making gains with white college on top of 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2023, 02:44:43 AM »

MI is gonna vote D anyways
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2023, 12:19:40 PM »

40% of Arab Americans now support Trump:

Quote from: The Guardian
“Support among Arab American voters for Biden has plummeted from 59% in 2020 to 17% today,” the [Arab American Institute] poll analysis said.

Notably, the data found that for the first time in AAI’s 26 years of polling that a majority of the Arab Americans did not claim to prefer the Democratic party.

Moreover, 40% of those polled said they will vote for Donald Trump in 2024 – a five percentage-point increase from 2020, marking an all-time high for Arab American identification with the Republican party.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/31/biden-polling-israel-hamas-war-arab-americans
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2023, 01:16:20 PM »

“Support among Arab American voters for Biden has plummeted from 59% in 2020 to 17% today,” the [Arab American Institute] poll analysis said.

Notably, the data found that for the first time in AAI’s 26 years of polling that a majority of the Arab Americans did not claim to prefer the Democratic party.

Moreover, 40% of those polled said they will vote for Donald Trump in 2024 – a five percentage-point increase from 2020, marking an all-time high for Arab American identification with the Republican party.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/31/biden-polling-israel-hamas-war-arab-americans

Yeah, we'll see if that lasts when he starts campaigning and reminds them how much he and his party could give less of a crap about their collective interests.

Trump is not a blank slate, and though he is capable of contorting himself into whatever political situation suits him, Americans are going to see ince again hiw inconsistent and unstable he still is. That doesn't necessarily mean some still won't go third party, of course. I think that's the more realistic concern over them swinging to the guy who tried to ban Muslims from entering the country.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2023, 01:19:48 PM »

Yeah, we'll see if that lasts when he starts campaigning and reminds them how much he and his party could give less of a crap about their collective interests.

Trump is not a blank slate, and though he is capable of contorting himself into whatever political situation suits him, Americans are going to see ince again hiw inconsistent and unstable he still is. That doesn't necessarily mean some still won't go third party, of course. I think that's the more realistic concern over them swinging to the guy who tried to ban Muslims from entering the country.

I mean Trump did better than 2004 Bush did with Muslim voters and that wasn’t only in 2020 but 2016 too . Maybe they do care more about foreign policy issues than immigration issues
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2023, 01:23:36 PM »

I mean Trump did better than 2004 Bush did with Muslim voters and that wasn’t only in 2020 but 2016 too . Maybe they do care more about foreign policy issues than immigration issues

I guess it depends on what issues motivated them, but if it is going to be foreign policy, how in any way can Trump be better? And why should he be trusted in that way? I expect the worst of American voters quite often, but this really stretches it if you ask me.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2023, 01:30:23 PM »

I guess it depends on what issues motivated them, but if it is going to be foreign policy, how in any way can Trump be better? And why should he be trusted in that way? I expect the worst of American voters quite often, but this really stretches it if you ask me.

Voters in general vote of image more than any particular policy and Trump gave of the image that he was a “non interventionist”. Now in actuality he wasn’t a non interventionist at all and has neocons on his FP team for years but that’s the image he gave off .

This is more of an American thing cause we have a presidential system so personality and image tends to matter more in those then in parliamentary systems which are more governments get voted out
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2023, 01:31:49 PM »

Voters in general vote of image more than any particular policy and Trump gave of the image that he was a “non interventionist”. Now in actuality he wasn’t a non interventionist at all and has neocons on his FP team for years but that’s the image he gave off .

This is more of an American thing cause we have a presidential system so personality and image tends to matter more in those then in parliamentary systems which are more governments get voted out

That's a good point, but Trump was already President for four long, miserable years. We know what he is capable of more than in 2016, goldfish memories and all.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2023, 01:37:46 PM »

That's a good point, but Trump was already President for four long, miserable years. We know what he is capable of more than in 2016, goldfish memories and all.

I mean he already did better with Muslim voters in 2020 than 2016 as well . This gets to another point and that is trends that go against a party in the year they take the White House get more profound in the years they actually are in the White House .

Bush - Northern suburbanite voters actually trended against the GOP in 2000 and then got more profound in 2004 before the GOP just collapsed with them in 2006/2008

Obama - Appalachia and Upper South Rurals trended hard against him in 2008 and in the years he was in the WH the democrats just collapsed with those voters

Trump - Sunbelt suburbanite voters trended hard against Trump in 2016 and it only got more profound in 2018/20.

Biden - Hispanic/Asian voters trended hard against the democrats in 2020 and continued to trend against the Dems in 2022( Asians did pretty hard , Hispanics did compared to house republicans in 2020 but stayed at 2020 presidential numbers).

Muslim voters also trended against the democrats in 2020 and then 2022 so it just may be trends continuing than anything else
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2023, 05:24:36 PM »

And most of them will still end up voting for Biden in the end. To suggest otherwise would be very insulting to their intelligence.

Given the rally they are attending, insulting their intelligence is generous.   
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2023, 05:59:04 PM »

And most of them will still end up voting for Biden in the end. To suggest otherwise would be very insulting to their intelligence.

Given the rally they are attending, insulting their intelligence is generous.   

He says with a R-ME avatar. Shush.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2023, 08:49:50 PM »

Virtually any Republican Presidential Candidate in 2024 Is Going To Be Worse For Their Cause Than Biden. lmao.

If Biden went openly pro-Palestine, he would lose far more votes.. and possibly the entire election. Though we are too polarized now, and it is not a foreign policy issue that impacts us directly, so it wouldn't like be a 1980 for Biden.

I am concerned at the growing support for Hamas.. and I have tended to side with the Palestinians in the past.

I want Biden to stay the course on this issue
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2023, 11:41:39 PM »

The media is trying to manufacture consent for a Trump win.

Did you just now notice? I think this has been obvious for a while.

And I'll give you four guesses as to which "news organization" provided the linked story for the "Biden lobster scanadal", but the first three don't count.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2023, 11:59:01 PM »

I wonder how much RFK and West will benefit from this.

Biden (wisely) hid his views on basically everything in 2020. He was the favorite and barely campaigned in public; I doubt many people voted for him because of any particular statement he made during the campaign, except maybe asking Trump to "shut up."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies