Synagogue President murdered outside home
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 04:15:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Synagogue President murdered outside home
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Synagogue President murdered outside home  (Read 2298 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2023, 04:26:05 PM »

LINK

If this was an imam people like Snowstalker would be calling for blood. But since it's a Jew, I have no doubt this action is supported by at least 65% of young people.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 04:43:13 PM »

Tlaib's lies were always intended to get the blood flowing.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 04:49:45 PM »

Just like the young Palestinian-American boy that was brutally murdered in Chicago, I doubt this horrific crime was committed by someone that was truly invested in the current situation going on in the Middle East (in other words, not Jewish or Muslim, respectively). We have plenty of homegrown lunatics that are looking for people to kill and Jews and Muslims are always some of the first targets when tensions rise. It's hard to say anything positive at the moment because this situation does appear bleak at the moment.

(If I am proven wrong in my assumptions, I will accept the facts and evidence as they are.)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 04:51:00 PM »

Tlaib should be expelled from the House immediately.

Her lies and inflammatory rhetoric almost certainly helped embolden this kind of action.

Also does it piss anybody else off that people like Tlaib take advantage of the freedoms and great opportunities America offers to them while spitting on us in return? Just for being a woman, Tlaib would be relegated to being a housewife who would be told to sit down and shut up on political matters in Palestine. Here she can be a powerful member of Congress, and what does she do with that power? Spit on the country that, by enabling her very success, PROVED it is NOT as evil and racist and blah blah blah as she falsely and maliciously claims, let alone as bigoted as the country she clearly has more allegiance to based on the flag she chooses to fly outside her office, while at the same time she spreads a blood libel myth about Jews and Israel that can only justify violence and hatred.

She is quite possibly the single worst member of Congress, a disgrace to the Democratic Party, and needs to be expelled IMMEDIATELY!
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 04:52:22 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2023, 04:55:42 PM by Robespierre Did Nothing Wrong »

Your opening post is exactly why I responded to you like I did in the other thread. You are very obviously politicizing these hate crimes dude, and it isn't okay. I get tensions are high and I even understand why you'd be angry, but really? There is no reason to make call-outs like your doing in the first post of a thread on a topic like this, jeez. (Edit; You did take out the worst parts, so I'll give you that.)

Absolutely, gut-wrenchingly, horrible. Makes me so sad that relations between people half-way around the world are being harmed and destroyed by this conflict even further in so many countries.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 04:53:53 PM »

This is an awful tragedy and I'm praying for this woman and her family. She helped found a local Jewish-Muslim relations organization and it looks like she was a lovely person fighting for a better world.

Pretty disgusting that a few militaristic red avs first thought is to attack a congresswoman instead of expressing their condolences, taking a moment to reflect and waiting for more information.

I was quick to blame O'Shae Sibley's murder in Brooklyn on Islamic terrorism and the killer turned out to be an Orthodox Christian.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 04:58:25 PM »

This is an awful tragedy and I'm praying for this woman and her family. She helped found a local Jewish-Muslim relations organization and it looks like she was a lovely person fighting for a better world.

Pretty disgusting that a few militaristic red avs first thought is to attack a congresswoman instead of expressing their condolences, taking a moment to reflect and waiting for more information.

I was quick to blame O'Shae Sibley's murder in Brooklyn on Islamic terrorism and the killer turned out to be an Orthodox Christian.

Even if it turns out this brutal, horrific murder had nothing to do with Tlaib or even just general anti-Semitism of the type she has inflamed lately, I stand by my statement. Tlaib has GOT to go. We can't even pretend to condemn MTG as Democrats if we allow this kind of monstrous rhetoric and hateful slander to go unpunished in our caucus.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 04:59:47 PM »

Even if it turns out this brutal, horrific murder had nothing to do with Tlaib or even just general anti-Semitism of the type she has inflamed lately, I stand by my statement. Tlaib has GOT to go. We can't even pretend to condemn MTG as Democrats if we allow this kind of monstrous rhetoric and hateful slander to go unpunished in our caucus.

Gottheimer lashed out at the caucus with blatant Islamaphobia last week. I'll call for her expulsion if you call for his, deal?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 05:04:51 PM »

Just like the young Palestinian-American boy that was brutally murdered in Chicago, I doubt this horrific crime was committed by someone that was truly invested in the current situation going on in the Middle East (in other words, not Jewish or Muslim, respectively). We have plenty of homegrown lunatics that are looking for people to kill and Jews and Muslims are always some of the first targets when tensions rise. It's hard to say anything positive at the moment because this situation does appear bleak at the moment.

(If I am proven wrong in my assumptions, I will accept the facts and evidence as they are.)

The thing is, we do have a clear picture of why the evil old man in Chicago murdered the boy and tried to murder his mother. He was a hard-core MAGA, and that wing has been fed hard-core anti-Muslim propaganda for a decade. He might have been motivated by the current Hamas attack, but not out of solidarity with Jewish victims - out of deranged paranoia that he was next.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 05:07:49 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2023, 05:13:22 PM by WalterWhite »

Dear lord! Not only are synagogues going to need beefed up security, but their leaders will also need beefed up security!

It would be entirely reasonable for synagogues to beef up their security, given the rise in anti-Semitic violence as of recent.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 05:16:31 PM »

Ftr, my previous suggestions on combatting the few instances of Islamic terrorism and extremism like in this possible instance and that city in Michigan was rejected wholeheartedly by Atlas.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 05:20:15 PM »

that is HORRIBLE

i hope they find who did this and THROW THEM IN THE PEN FOREVER

this sort of behavior has no place in our GREAT NATION!
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 05:26:40 PM »

The thing is, we do have a clear picture of why the evil old man in Chicago murdered the boy and tried to murder his mother. He was a hard-core MAGA, and that wing has been fed hard-core anti-Muslim propaganda for a decade. He might have been motivated by the current Hamas attack, but not out of solidarity with Jewish victims - out of deranged paranoia that he was next.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you here (though I'm not sure that individual thought he was next). However, there is certainly no shortage of right-wing fanatics that would seek to kill a prominent Jewish community leader. As always, we need to wait and see what the evidence says and go from there. It's unacceptable in any country, but I find it especially unacceptable in this one. These murders should be prosecuted to the fullest extent and those that committed them should never see the light of day again.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2023, 05:38:47 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2023, 05:49:58 PM by Koharu »

Hate crimes are awful. Murdering people is awful. Antisemitism is awful. Islamophobia is awful. It is disgusting and wrong that people are killing other people and using bulls*** excuses like the color of their skin or their religion or culture as the reasoning. All Jews and all Muslims all around the world should be able to live their lives without fear of violence and retributive attacks.

I hate that this woman died.

Stop stoking the hate with inflammatory language, and stop claiming that people who disagree with you are hoping for the death of "the other."

[Edited to correct gendered word for the president]
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2023, 05:40:42 PM »

Reading this story linked in op and can’t see any connection Tlaib has to it?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2023, 05:42:05 PM »

RIP, I hope that justice will be served swiftly.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2023, 06:38:05 PM »

There is this part of the article

Previously, she worked on the campaigns of Michigan Democrats Elissa Slotkin and Dana Nessel.

If we are going to politicize it then it's only fair to explore other political angles. Who is to say the motivate wasn't right-wing partisan fanaticism? If you can blame Tlaib without evidence then it's only fair to raise other theories.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2023, 06:54:41 PM »

I want to put this as delicately as possible and make sure that I am not diminishing the despicable murder of a young boy. The murder of a community leader like this is practically impossible to not politicize. The story is obviously developing and I am also prepared to admit if I am wrong, but I would bet dollars to donuts that this was a 100% ideologically motivated murder.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2023, 07:00:47 PM »

We have this but no comment from Tlaib yet. Huh.

Also this is a good reply:

Should hold off on more speculation though, the murderer could easily have been some alt-right guy.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2023, 07:15:20 PM »

Tlaib should be expelled from the House immediately.

Her lies and inflammatory rhetoric almost certainly helped embolden this kind of action.

Also does it piss anybody else off that people like Tlaib take advantage of the freedoms and great opportunities America offers to them while spitting on us in return? Just for being a woman, Tlaib would be relegated to being a housewife who would be told to sit down and shut up on political matters in Palestine. Here she can be a powerful member of Congress, and what does she do with that power? Spit on the country that, by enabling her very success, PROVED it is NOT as evil and racist and blah blah blah as she falsely and maliciously claims, let alone as bigoted as the country she clearly has more allegiance to based on the flag she chooses to fly outside her office, while at the same time she spreads a blood libel myth about Jews and Israel that can only justify violence and hatred.

She is quite possibly the single worst member of Congress, a disgrace to the Democratic Party, and needs to be expelled IMMEDIATELY!
Well you’re doing a good job in this post of proving her point about there being a lot of racism in America!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2023, 07:18:16 PM »

How about we not jump to narrative-promoting conclusions about who did this?  It could have been a Hamas supporter, a Nazi, or just some random apolitical nutjob.  We don’t know and this sort of rampant baseless speculation feels kinda disrespectful to the victim.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2023, 07:28:01 PM »

May HaShem avenge her blood.

Like Horus, when O'Shae Sibley was murdered I made the mistake of uncritically believing early news reports that turned out to be entirely false. I try to learn from my mistakes, so I will wait at least a few days until the dust settles and we have a better idea of what happened before I start pointing fingers.

However, as Seef says, this is a community leader, and at a time of heightened Jew-hate too. I'd bet a lot of money that some politically motivated psycho did it. We just don't know what sort of politically motivated psycho the culprit was, and it's dangerous to start finger pointing before we know more.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2023, 07:29:04 PM »

The ideological motivations of the killing are something for courts to decide, not for some random users on some random internet forum.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2023, 09:47:02 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2023, 01:18:56 PM by Brittain33 »

I read this rabbi synagogue leader is in her district. She hasn’t said anything yet on Twitter. I can’t justify blaming Tlaib when we don’t know who did this or why and when Tlaib didn’t invent Arab anger at Jews, but if she stays silent on this while she’s kept up her post with the lie about the hospital after it was debunked… man oh man.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2023, 09:53:17 PM »

Absolutely horrific. RIP to Samantha Woll. My condolences to her family and friends.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies