Los Angeles population reaches 4 million, CA @ 38 million
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:04:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Los Angeles population reaches 4 million, CA @ 38 million
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Los Angeles population reaches 4 million, CA @ 38 million  (Read 7118 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 01:01:48 AM »

Why are Modoc and Lassen put with San Francisco and Monterrey? They have nothing in common with the other liberal coastal counties of the New California.

Mono should be in the new San Joaquin State, its isolated from the rest of Mojave.

Modoc and Lassen have much more in common with the northern coast (Mendocino and north) than with the Central Valley. (They'd be even better off in Oregon, but that wasn't an option.)

Geographically and demographically, Mono belongs in Mojave. In terms of which highways run through it, Mono belongs in San Joaquin. I ignored current highways. (The best place for Mono [and Inyo], is not one of these three Californias, but Nevada.)

Good point. I forgot that Modoc and Lassen aren't farm country like the counties to the South.

If you could cross state lines, you could include Washoe, NV with California, put Mono and Inyo with Nevada, and add Clark, NV to Mojave. That would leave 300,000 people in the remainder of Nevada. Not sure what to do about that.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »

We need to split Cali up into several states.

I know. I would really like it if Northern California from Fresno up split from SoCal from Fresno down.

You live in SoCal, right? Trust me, you don't want your state to break up. SoCal would be a disaster zone within a decade; it can't sustain itself economically or environmentally (water shortages).
I don't live in SoCal(wish I did) but I'd rather have california be several states so its votes would actually matter and outweigh the empty heartland somewhat.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 03:11:53 PM »

[quote LA Time]
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-population2may02,0,5953587.story?coll=la-home-headlines

The population of L.A. quietly surpassed the 4-million mark for the first time last year, the California Department of Finance announced Tuesday.

Angelenos probably don't need a demographer to tell them what they already know: that the city is growing more densely populated. But the numbers show that the city gained 37,758 residents last year, and as of Jan 1., 2007, its population was 4,018,080.

The L.A. numbers were part of a report released Tuesday that pegged the state's population at almost 37.7 million. That represents a growth of almost 1.3%, or 470,000, in 2006.
[/quote]
The Census Bureau has just released their estimates for cities (for July 1, 2006).

Their estimate is that LA is at 3,847 mn (a gain of just 2,000 over 2005).

For California it is 36.457 mn, an increase of 302,000 or 0.8%.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »

SoCal needs to be given back to Mexico
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 04:11:58 PM »

How about no?
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 02:18:29 AM »

and Canada should have been part of the US from day one.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 02:24:13 AM »

actually, the reverse should have happened. The thirteen colonies separated from colonialism.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 02:41:14 AM »

Oh definitely. I don't even care where the region goes as long as I don't have to deal with it anymore. California would be so much better if Orange County and the rest of stupid SoCal were not included. I seriously cannot express in words alone exactly how much I hate it whenever dumb people from Southern California come here and then proceed to bitch nonstop about how terrible everything about Northern California is compared to whatever snobbish cesspool they hail from. I wouldn't touch SoCal with a three hundred mile long pole.

Actually, I would advocate removing Central Valley also (lots of idiots there), except that they occasionally have something to contribute and I don't generally deal with those sorts of people around here.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 10:10:19 PM »

Oh definitely. I don't even care where the region goes as long as I don't have to deal with it anymore. California would be so much better if Orange County and the rest of stupid SoCal were not included. I seriously cannot express in words alone exactly how much I hate it whenever dumb people from Southern California come here and then proceed to bitch nonstop about how terrible everything about Northern California is compared to whatever snobbish cesspool they hail from. I wouldn't touch SoCal with a three hundred mile long pole.

Hey, we agree on something!
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 01:22:33 AM »

actually, the reverse should have happened. The thirteen colonies separated from colonialism.

And we should have just taken Canada with us.  We definitely should have during the War of 1812.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 03:39:16 AM »

And we should have just taken Canada with us.  We definitely should have during the War of 1812.

Except that you were unable to win said war.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2007, 03:17:18 PM by Fabian_the_Fastman »

Oh hell no.

Hey, we agree on something!
Awww. And in NorCal, we all love SoCal.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »

Oh hell yes! Anal discharge of America, I call it. Maybe the Mexicans can spruce things up there.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 03:24:56 PM »

Oh hell yes! Anal discharge of America, I call it. Maybe the Mexicans can spruce things up there.
All those innocent people, what'd they do to deserve this??? x]
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies