Spiral/Cathcon October 2023: Atlasian Glory, Atlasian Greatness (Thank You!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:43:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spiral/Cathcon October 2023: Atlasian Glory, Atlasian Greatness (Thank You!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spiral/Cathcon October 2023: Atlasian Glory, Atlasian Greatness (Thank You!)  (Read 1075 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2023, 06:31:04 PM »
« edited: October 29, 2023, 09:14:44 PM by President Spiral »

Ladies and gentlemen of our dear Republic,

It is with great reflection, and with the humblest of expectations, that I ask each of you for your trust for a second term as President of Atlasia. Serving in the highest office of the land has been a tremendous privilege over these past several months, motivated solely to address the fallout of this year's national crisis. To seek reelection was never a preordained outcome; rather, Atlasian after Atlasian have approached me with urges to continue the good fight and serve however I can to address our current ailments. With all of you in mind, I stand in absolute service once more.

Our administration has accomplished a great deal in cooperation with our friends across the party spectrum in the Senate. On everything from the most sweeping consumer/worker protections, to funding our men and women in service, to charting new paths of freedom and pride after the pandemic, we have delivered on reforms that will improve the lives of countless Atlasians. However, not all is rah-rah quite yet (much as we wish) when we all recognize the work that is still to be done, the work that is most important of all: this very game. Though bills and raucous debate have been galore, we have seen steep decline in elections discussion and with our very census rolls. We have seen our fellow countrymen disillusioned, disgusted, and deregistered over certain conduct and tactics flying across all sides. No longer should this trend be allowed to fester.

With the retirement of Vice President Lumine and the enormous gap left behind, the prospect of a new running mate was a truly tantalizing notion. The esteemed individual that I bring before you is my dear friend, brother, and comrade across the cosmos of Atlas: the one and only Cathcon. Although much can be said about his dashing nature, Cathcon has always been relentlessly focused on taking a step back from the heat and staying chill. We all have something to learn from these wise ways. Together as a team, Cathcon and I are united in cutting through the BS and keeping Atlasia as an activity to relish, not to dread.

For the next term under a Spiral/Cathcon administration, you can expect among the following:

• In keeping up with recent reforms on direct democracy, greater citizen referendums on hot-button issues for the people to debate and vote on
  • Townhall-style platforms on brainstorming and discussing game reforms, right here on AFE
  • A greater focus on constitutional amendments for game structure, not just cosmetic bills
All this in addition to our legislative wins for you, naturally. You will continue to receive a clean, positive, handsome, and uplifting government under our watch.

The theme of this campaign is "Atlasian Glory, Atlasian Greatness." Haters be damned, I have always believed in the spirit of Atlasia to thrive even in the darkest of times. On the eve of Atlasia's 20th anniversary, it bears reminding ourselves how far we've all come with this grand online experiment: the society we've built from scratch several times over, the civic competition we've spent unimaginable hours on, and the countless friendships or even courtships we've blossomed along the way. As your President, I will not let this go to waste and risk everything we have forged together. We owe it to our friends, our foes, our beautiful children! President Spiral shall cherish each of you to live out your best Atlasian experience.

Come join us on this journey to revitalize Atlasia, and through it, revitalize ourselves. To my opponents in the race, Spark and UlmerFudd, I welcome and thank you for jumping along to this craziness. May we all have a merry time this campaign cycle.

Off to the races!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 06:52:26 PM »

Hell yes! Endorsed with unyielding enthusiasm.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 08:14:14 PM »

Gloriously endorsed!!!!
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 08:16:39 PM »

Endorsed!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 07:10:43 PM »

Endorsed
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 12:59:27 AM »

i endors
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 05:49:18 PM »

Friends! Atlasians! Countrymen and -women!

I apologize for the lateness of my address to you all. Recent incidents have left me scarred and deformed. Nevertheless, I braved the harsh autumn winds of my home state, the angry stares of various HOA members, and several red eye flights to be with you all today, a demonstration of my- nay, our- dedication to freedom, truth, and justice in this great Republic we all call home.

It was nevertheless with great reluctance that I accepted the invitation of my colleague and friend, President Spiral, to run for the Vice Presidency. As many of you may have noticed, in recent decades I have opted to step away from public life and focus on private matters. Much of this time was spent traveling the world and, more importantly, Atlasia--getting to know all of you so much better. But no more! After the collapse of my most recent marriage, it has become crystal clear to me that my number one priority in life should not be making on-time mortgage payments or raising my children, but instead: politics.

I was spurred on in this return by another, more important factor, however: the need to preserve and expand upon our own dear president Spiral's immense legacy. Even as I speak, dark forces are at work attempting to undo the progress of generations. We need not give them names, though they might be called, variously, "The National Party", "Democratic Alliance", and so on. Worse yet, they seek to achieve their sinister goals via our most hallowed of institutions--the ballot box. Now, as you all know, I love democracy. I love the Republic. Therefore, it was not with a clean conscience that I could stand by and let the most dastardly of knaves despoil our hallowed institutions through their free and fair election to federal office. I must--nay, we must--do all in our power to defeat them. Democratically, of course.

Nevertheless, should these shadowy configurations of vice, cowardice, and individualism emerge triumphant at the polls, I daresay it would not be beyond the pale--and, I must add, it would not be beyond the spirit of democracy--to reorganize the Republic into the First Atlasian Empire! Regardless, however, I believe our cause will be the victorious one.

Then. We. Shall. Have. Peace. (Party).

President Spiral, I stand here today and thank you for your selection. I will make you--and Atlasia--proud again.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 10:17:10 PM »

We need not give them names, though they might be called, variously, "The National Party", "Democratic Alliance", and so on.

Hey Angry

(Yes, I know this is about the old one Tongue)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2023, 10:52:13 PM »

The nation applauds your inspiring tirade, Cathcon. Palpable (or should I say Palpatine) energy is abound!

In other news: Have a campaign logo, courtesy of the great Senator MB.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 05:52:24 AM »

Endorsed!
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 01:06:47 PM »

Endorsed!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 02:27:59 AM »

Uhhh…congrats? Nobody seems to be saying anything but…I assume you’ve won.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 02:37:29 AM »

another labor peace landslide

patriots in control, mr president
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 06:45:01 AM »

Congratulations mr. President and vice-president-elect.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 08:59:14 AM »

Congratulations on a truly astounding victory! Patriots are in control and the best is yet to come.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2023, 09:00:54 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President and Mr. Vice President-elect!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2023, 02:26:57 PM »

Congrats, Mr. President!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 06:10:49 PM »

Congratulations on a well deserved victory!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2023, 08:54:17 PM »

oh man u won!!!!! hell ya i told u!!

Spiral is the FEARLESS leader
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2023, 10:17:11 PM »

Congrats to Spiral and Cathcon. Patriots in control, power through peace! ☮
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2023, 11:04:36 PM »

Brothers and sisters of Atlasia,

As I have taken a step back to soak in everything in over the past week, I wanted to thank you all deeply for not only this victory, but the participation across all parts of this country. There are a number of milestones to celebrate from our election this month. You have given Vice President-elect Cathcon and myself a most resounding of mandates, having come just under a percentage point from the greatest first round victory of all time! This is nothing to sneeze at, and it is truly humbling. Perhaps this is what UNLIMITED POWER feels like. What I would especially like to highlight, however, is our voter participation: This has been the largest turnout for an election in over two years, going back to June 2021. Despite all our adversities, the beating heart of Atlasia remains and is on the rebound. It is thanks to all of you who are a part of this game and have showed up, no matter who you may have voted for.

As we continue the good work of making this country and this game work better for us, I'd like to thank my two passionate opponents, Ulmer and Spark, for sticking their necks out and waging a hell of a campaign period. You two have added the needed zest for what these elections are all about. To the voters and citizens of Atlasia, your support in all that you do—from party organizing, to screeds of the day, to pure zombifying—all amounts to why we love sticking around (or, alternatively, leaving and returning over and over). This month has given me the resolve to push forward on behalf of you all, waging whatever campaigns are necessary to further jolt the momentum for our Glorious and Great Atlasia.

Exciting times are ahead, friends. Let us bask in the moment and each do our best in the next four months to exemplify why this game has been going on 20 years strong. Dave bless you all, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2023, 11:10:05 PM »

Congratulations on a grand mandate, Mr. President. I look forward to seeing you lead this nation strong for another four months.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies