Trump's Cognitive Decline.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:51:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's Cognitive Decline.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Trump's Cognitive Decline.  (Read 6467 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2024, 11:23:00 AM »

He'll skip the debates.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2024, 10:57:16 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2024, 02:19:14 AM »

Considering the average IQ of his supporters that's not such an outlandish assumption.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2024, 07:03:11 AM »

He never been a politician before Pence and other Rs have they know how the D process works when you get fewer EC votes you lose not try to steal an Eday. Just because your side got record turnout them at doesn't mean you can steal votes.

That's why Dick Cheney a lifetime R went off on Trump, you conceded when you lose. Ryan got fewer Votes than Vance  and he was my candidate and he conceded , only because DeWine maxed out the Evangelical bite.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2024, 01:37:43 PM »

Its obvious. But Democrats have been saying this since 2015 when it wasn't so obvious to the average American. So like Trump's legal troubles, its not taken as seriously
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2024, 01:57:58 PM »

If Democrats want to make mental acuity an issue in 2024, it's self-sabotage LOL

Even if Trump isn't as sharp as he was 8 years ago, the public perception that Biden is doddering is already baked.  It won't change now.  Pointing out Trump's decline puts the spotlight right back onto Biden's fitness.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2024, 02:33:47 PM »

If Democrats want to make mental acuity an issue in 2024, it's self-sabotage LOL

Even if Trump isn't as sharp as he was 8 years ago, the public perception that Biden is doddering is already baked.  It won't change now.  Pointing out Trump's decline puts the spotlight right back onto Biden's fitness.

If you keep telling that you might believe it in the end.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2024, 07:53:04 PM »

Even if Trump isn't as sharp as he was 8 years ago

He wasn't sharp then either.

the public perception that Biden is doddering is already baked.

Among the desperate victims of the conservative projection machine, sure.

"Trump isn't senile!  Biden is!"
"Trump isn't corrupt!  Biden is!"
"Trump isn't a wannabe dictator!  Biden is!"
"Trump isn't out of his depth!  Biden is!"
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2024, 08:21:27 PM »

I mean that's probably true but not for the reason he thinks it is.......
indietraveler

« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2024, 10:32:47 PM »

So if the perception on it won't change it ONLY makes sense to point out Trump's decline.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2024, 10:59:28 PM »

Your posting history demonstrates that mental acuity is not important to Republicans
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2024, 11:56:23 PM »

Even if Trump isn't as sharp as he was 8 years ago

He wasn't sharp then either.

the public perception that Biden is doddering is already baked.

Among the desperate victims of the conservative projection machine, sure.

"Trump isn't senile!  Biden is!"
"Trump isn't corrupt!  Biden is!"
"Trump isn't a wannabe dictator!  Biden is!"
"Trump isn't out of his depth!  Biden is!"

Biden's age registers as a significant concern for voters.  Sorry that's inconvenient for your team!  haha
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2024, 06:27:00 PM »

Trump is currently (2/23) holding a rally in South Carolina ahead of the primary. While there's the now-standard blatant fascism and lies, he is also more confused than usual. In particular, he seems to think he was indicted over his attempt to blackmail Zelensky, rather than impeached. And this is clearly not just word-confusion (which does happen, even to non-octogenarians)- he repeats in multiple times.  No link on CSPAN yet, I'll post one here if I can find one later.

In the mean time.
Indictment/Impeachment confusion: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1761158381107048548
Incoherence: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1761164615138803752

Everyone has bad days, but Donald seems to be having a lot of them lately. I know that his terrorist group will keep him on the ticket as long as his mouth moves and words come out when you push the ego button, but I'm starting to wonder again if he might not make it to November.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2024, 06:32:18 PM »

I think this reply:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2024, 06:46:05 PM »

Trump is currently (2/23) holding a rally in South Carolina ahead of the primary. While there's the now-standard blatant fascism and lies, he is also more confused than usual. In particular, he seems to think he was indicted over his attempt to blackmail Zelensky, rather than impeached. And this is clearly not just word-confusion (which does happen, even to non-octogenarians)- he repeats in multiple times.  No link on CSPAN yet, I'll post one here if I can find one later.

In the mean time.
Indictment/Impeachment confusion: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1761158381107048548
Incoherence: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1761164615138803752

Everyone has bad days, but Donald seems to be having a lot of them lately. I know that his terrorist group will keep him on the ticket as long as his mouth moves and words come out when you push the ego button, but I'm starting to wonder again if he might not make it to November.

Most people mix up words from time to time.  Biden has always done it.  Trump has always done it. 

I don't think Biden is mixing up words appreciably more than before (even as a young Senator he was known for it), but I do think it's evident that he's slowed down a bit, both physically and cognitively, in the last few years.  Nothing that isn't consistent with his age, but it concerns me about how he'll do over the next few years.  Biden's age is a realistic concern for voters.  It's folly for Democrats to ignore that or pretend it isn't happening or isn't a concern for voters.

However, I think Trump has deteriorated quite a lot in the last year, especially in the last six months or so.  He's declining at a rate that's much faster than can be attributed to just  normal aging, and much faster than Biden is.  Republicans, if you ignore this or try to handwave it away, then you're being just as willfully blind as the Democrats who do the same about Biden's age. 

At this point, I think Trump is clearly in worse shape cognitively than Biden and is going steadily downhill.  He's also in worse physical shape than Biden (not helped by his weight).  Even though Trump is three years younger, I believe Biden is a better bet to make it to 2029 than Trump is.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2024, 09:38:33 PM »

There is no serum that reverses aging so there is nothing Democrats can do about Biden's age. The whole conversation cannot revolve around that and it's better to focus on what matters which is his record.

But this thread isn't about Biden, it's about Trump and the increasingly bizarre displays he has in public. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2024, 11:40:35 PM »

The people are pouring over. It’s sort of known as Steak Mountain Steak Hill. Snake. Snake. A lot of snakes. Think they’re rattlesnakes.

Between the rattlesnakes and the rough terrain and the steepness, they said nobody’s coming ov– the people coming over by the thousands! It’s crazy! And we let them come over. We let them do it.

Our country can’t withstand, no country can withstand what’s happening to us. The cities are being inundated. They’re being overrun. They’re taking the parks from children. Them. No more baseball fields. No more soccer fields, no more anything.

It doesn’t sound very serious. Knocker fields or baseball fields. Very serious. Their way of life has changed, and they’re being treated better than long-time American citizens. And they’re being treated better than our soldiers, our veterans are being treated.

They’re staying in world-class hotels. The whole thing is crazy what’s happening in our country!

Let’s call these brave Americans what they really are, persecuted. Christians, they’re being persecuted. And let’s call their imprisoned, and imprisonment. They are being imprisoned by Joe Biden and his people, evil people! He’s surrounded by very evil people!

They are, I believe, just doing whatever they want to do. I don’t believe they have any leadership at all. Joe Biden, because of his gross incompetence, is a threat to democracy, big threat to democracy.

To reverse these monstrous abuses of power the moment I win the election, I will appoint a special task force to rapidly review the cases of every political prisoner who has been unjustly victimized by the Biden regime. Never again will the federal government be used to target religious believers. They are targeting religious believers.

How do people sit there and rapturously lap up every word that uncontrollably spills out of this man's mouth?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2024, 12:39:22 AM »

The people are pouring over. It’s sort of known as Steak Mountain Steak Hill. Snake. Snake. A lot of snakes. Think they’re rattlesnakes.

How do people sit there and rapturously lap up every word that uncontrollably spills out of this man's mouth?

No idea, but I found it inspirational since the Trump Elvis quote is out.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2024, 01:13:54 AM »

Between the rattlesnakes and the rough terrain and the steepness, they said nobody’s coming ov– the people coming over by the thousands! It’s crazy! And we let them come over. We let them do it.

Our country can’t withstand, no country can withstand what’s happening to us. The cities are being inundated. They’re being overrun. They’re taking the parks from children. Them. No more baseball fields. No more soccer fields, no more anything.

It doesn’t sound very serious. Knocker fields or baseball fields. Very serious. Their way of life has changed, and they’re being treated better than long-time American citizens. And they’re being treated better than our soldiers, our veterans are being treated.

They’re staying in world-class hotels. The whole thing is crazy what’s happening in our country!

Let’s call these brave Americans what they really are, persecuted. Christians, they’re being persecuted. And let’s call their imprisoned, and imprisonment. They are being imprisoned by Joe Biden and his people, evil people! He’s surrounded by very evil people!

They are, I believe, just doing whatever they want to do. I don’t believe they have any leadership at all. Joe Biden, because of his gross incompetence, is a threat to democracy, big threat to democracy.

To reverse these monstrous abuses of power the moment I win the election, I will appoint a special task force to rapidly review the cases of every political prisoner who has been unjustly victimized by the Biden regime. Never again will the federal government be used to target religious believers. They are targeting religious believers.

Because they have chosen not to think. Because they are cowards.

Donald Trump encourages their fears, and then tells them they don't need to be afraid if they just listen to him, and vote for him. Donald Trump encourages their hate, and tells them it's not just okay to hate, but that it's great to hate, especially if they hate the people he tells them to hate. Donald Trump absolves his followers of responsibility for their own lives and choices, and all he asks in return is that they give up their humanity, their basic human decency.

Most Americans have it pretty damned good by any historical standard.  But our world has been changing rapidly for generations, and never more rapidly than now. And not all change is good, and certainly not good for everyone. Neither is it easy. There's a lot of uncertainty in the world, and a lack of clarity on a great many things. And that is scary and troubling.

But it is not a reason to pretend lies are truth. The people who do that are choosing to do so. They're giving up on themselves, and they're abandoning their fellow citizens and the values of America, in favor of getting to feel good right now. And that's pretty damned low.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2024, 09:29:28 AM »

'Trump appears to be showing gross signs of dementia': Expert points to new evidence
Trump, he noted, appears to be spiraling into "phonemic paraphasias" during his rally speeches, which he described as, "the substitution of non-words for words that sound similar—are not normally seen until a patient enters the moderate to severe stages of Alzheimer’s."

According to Gartner, "Some examples of Trump’s non-words: Beneficiaries becomes 'benefishes.' Renovations become 'renoversh.' Pivotal became 'pivobal.' Obama became 'obamna.' Missiles became 'mishiz.' Christmas became 'Crissus.' Bipartisan became 'bipars.' This is a fundamental breakdown in the ability to use language. If you were talking to your father on the phone and he did this you would think he is having a stroke. There is no healthy older person who speaks that way."
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2024, 10:48:58 AM »

SODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2024, 02:23:17 AM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2024, 06:47:54 PM »

Trump crowd goes silent as he confuses Biden and Obama again
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2024, 09:09:57 PM »

ajc0918
United States

« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2024, 09:17:45 PM »

It does appear there's more focus on Trump's very clear cognitive decline.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies