If Democrats openly became pro-Palestine, how would that affect elections in the future?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:41:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Democrats openly became pro-Palestine, how would that affect elections in the future?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If Democrats openly became pro-Palestine, how would that affect elections in the future?  (Read 2118 times)
oldtimer
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2023, 02:14:10 AM »
« edited: November 03, 2023, 02:19:16 AM by oldtimer »

Jewish areas tend to be uncompetitive, usually in wealthy liberal suburbs that vote Democrat for liberal social issues.

It would hurt Democrats on net probably only in Upstate New York and Northern NJ, probably cost them 3 house seats in total.

The Muslim vote is similarly congregated in uncompetitive local areas, more urban decaying places like Chicago, Detroit, DC, NYC, no gains no losses.

Now statewide Michigan, Virginia, Illinois, NY, California, NJ would see small swings here and there, Michigan Democrats would be happy.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2023, 09:55:27 AM »

I think the risk to Democrats is a combination of 1) woke elites trashing the Democratic brand, 2) insane housing costs in blue states/cities makes people say "enough!", 3) GOP becomes the party of manufacturing and "build in America", a transition well underway.

A non-Trump but anti-woke Republican vs AOC could get that 400+ electoral vote blowout we have not seen since the 1980s. In this scenario it would not shock me if a dwindling left got more outspoken/violent and places like the Mahoning Valley vote 70-30 GOP. I don't think this version of the left would win more than 20% of WWC.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2023, 09:58:27 AM »

I think the risk to Democrats is a combination of 1) woke elites trashing the Democratic brand, 2) insane housing costs in blue states/cities makes people say "enough!", 3) GOP becomes the party of manufacturing and "build in America", a transition well underway.

A non-Trump but anti-woke Republican vs AOC could get that 400+ electoral vote blowout we have not seen since the 1980s. In this scenario it would not shock me if a dwindling left got more outspoken/violent and places like the Mahoning Valley vote 70-30 GOP. I don't think this version of the left would win more than 20% of WWC.

So a map like this: https://www.270towin.com/maps/DgmXd?
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »

So a map like this: https://www.270towin.com/maps/DgmXd?

Yep, just about. The best part would be AOC not conceding when she is down 700,000 votes in Michigan because "her voters are still in line in Detroit." The past few weeks made it seem like there is just as much hate on the left as the right.

Democratic VOTERS still want someone moderate but the activists and elite $ seem like it will support garbage like AOC and Elizabeth Warren over Whitmer/Shapiro/Moore. I think it is a mistake to say 2024 is the most important election, whoever wins will only get one term with a narrow divided Congress. 2028 might be the realignment one way or another.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2023, 06:16:32 PM »

It would mean that at least 50% became pro Palestine. The party would survive. Maybe moderate to a two state solution at some point and get again enought voters to win again federal level elections.
I feel the party would mantain most of their black voters, so they would mantain those black majority seats.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2023, 10:56:13 AM »

It would mean that at least 50% became pro Palestine. The party would survive. Maybe moderate to a two state solution at some point and get again enought voters to win again federal level elections.
I feel the party would mantain most of their black voters, so they would mantain those black majority seats.

The problem for Dems with this is you might get a pro-Palestinian nominee with like 55% majority Dem support but the stance will still be toxic with independents and Republicans. Every time BLM protestors loot, Hamas attacks and the left has some stupid campus protest it will do nothing but help a post-Trump GOP.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies