Who is God?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:07:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who is God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who is God?  (Read 2520 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2023, 04:38:55 PM »

I wish I could disagree with you, because part of me wants there to be something more than just this. But I can't honestly convince myself that that is the case.

I find the idea that nothing collided with nothing to create something, and the Universe created itself, to be just as difficult to believe than a hypothetical entity that exists outside of the natural Universe and acted as its first cause.

Including God in that explanation still leaves open the question of how he came into being. It answers nothing and instead just adds another layer of complication to an already complicated problem.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2023, 10:56:07 PM »

A person that is very useful for people to argue for something specific, a vehicle given anthropomorphism—indeed that is what accepting the spiritual does add to god even if your lord is “transcendent” to our nature—as the focal point to the believer’s authority and acceptance of societal expectations.

Atheism in the non-belief of god treats god as not an actor in historical development and thus not omni-anything
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2023, 07:31:21 AM »

A weirdo from New Zealand who lives in a space station at the edge of the universe doing nothing but eating biscuits with tea, playing games on an old ass iPad, and gaslighting his buddies.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2023, 05:42:20 PM »

Its your higher power, he can be an alien of your choosing, but he isn't a Genie in a Lamp and all your wishes come true he is a deity, one you worship to overcome you sins and sorrows. You will be disappointed if you think he is a genie. He is a provider not someone that will give you millions unless you get lucky or inheritance of wealth
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2023, 09:33:47 PM »

Our father#
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2023, 02:10:45 PM »

A weirdo from New Zealand who lives in a space station at the edge of the universe doing nothing but eating biscuits with tea, playing games on an old ass iPad, and gaslighting his buddies.

The Wizard of New Zealand does not have such powers yet.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2023, 03:13:38 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2023, 04:13:21 PM by Antonio V »

The Wizard of New Zealand does not have such powers yet.

Right, first we need late capitalism to advance to the "will literally let humanity die to save some money" stage. Though lbr, we're almost there already.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies