Cori Bush is a bad person. Releases a “both sides” statement on Hamas attacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:34:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cori Bush is a bad person. Releases a “both sides” statement on Hamas attacks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cori Bush is a bad person. Releases a “both sides” statement on Hamas attacks  (Read 1985 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2023, 10:57:16 AM »

Communists like her have a very easy philosophy: America = bad thus whoever is allied with America = bad .

Is Tucker Carlson a communist?

No but he hates America too

Then your analysis is absurd. Right now the most prominent America haters are inside your party.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2023, 10:58:18 AM »

Communists like her have a very easy philosophy: America = bad thus whoever is allied with America = bad .

Then your analysis is absurd. Right now the most prominent America haters are inside your party.

Both communists and fascists hate America
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2023, 11:17:33 AM »

Both communists and fascists hate America

certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2023, 11:18:20 AM »

-Snip-
This but unironically.

Thanks for the laugh man, I needed it this morning
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2023, 11:30:27 AM »

Cori Bush is an out-and-out antisemite so it is not surprising that she releases pro-Hamas statements (yes calling to defund Israel when it’s at war with Hamas is a pro-Hamas statement).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2023, 11:39:18 AM »

If ever there was a time to start expelling these squad freaks from the caucus, this is it.

You grossly underestimate the optics and effects of expelling an entirely POC, mostly female, young group from our caucus.

Omar criticized Hamas but you still want both Muslim women to ever serve in congress expelled? Hmm.

guys I'm only talking about Bush.

Many of the other squad members have more than earned expulsion in the past but we've tolerated it every single time.  If we finally drew a line somewhere, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for some of the other nutcases to follow in Bush's footsteps.  Thus "start expelling"
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2023, 11:48:58 AM »

What is wrong with this statement? It seems she truly wants peace and is worried that war will only lead to more pain and suffering

Favoring peace instead of more conflict and war is always seen as a bad quality for a human amongst a large swath of Americans.

If you say you favor a ceasefire and that two-state original borders need to be respected (condemning the Gaza attack on Israel AND West Bank illegal occupations by Israelis) that will be seen as radical evil position by the warhawks here.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2023, 12:03:56 PM »

If ever there was a time to start expelling these squad freaks from the caucus, this is it.

You grossly underestimate the optics and effects of expelling an entirely POC, mostly female, young group from our caucus.

Omar criticized Hamas but you still want both Muslim women to ever serve in congress expelled? Hmm.

Many of the other squad members have more than earned expulsion in the past but we've tolerated it every single time.  If we finally drew a line somewhere, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for some of the other nutcases to follow in Bush's footsteps.  Thus "start expelling"

I have to imagine Tlaib's entire staff is dedicated to keeping her away from Twitter at the moment.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2023, 12:14:00 PM »

I have to imagine Tlaib's entire staff is dedicated to keeping her away from Twitter at the moment.

Probably waiting for Israel to have more of a reaction so she can criticize only Israel.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2023, 02:12:41 PM »

Cori Bush is an out-and-out antisemite so it is not surprising that she releases pro-Hamas statements (yes calling to defund Israel when it’s at war with Hamas is a pro-Hamas statement).
I posted this elsewhere but worth here too...incidentally Ilhan Omar is releasing WAY better statements making this all the more embarrassing.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2023, 02:24:08 PM »

As Nathan put very well, the problem with her statement is not the sentiment of the first two paragraphs in wanting peace, it’s the immediate call to defund Israel, particularly given the context.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2023, 02:36:24 PM »

Israel uses it's immense power to effect horrible conditions in the Palestinian Territories and especially Gaza, these conditions foment unrest and resentment which leads to these attacks and back-and-forth skirmishes which leads Israel to again worsen conditions. And thus the cycle continues.

Any one who has an issue with Bush's statement is a wackjob or a hack, full-stop. It's a measured and mature response which condemns the one un-politically ambiguous fact: Targeting civilians is unacceptable. One of the best from our elected officials. That's it.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2023, 02:36:49 PM »

What is wrong with this statement? It seems she truly wants peace and is worried that war will only lead to more pain and suffering

The third paragraph is the poison pill. Immediately responding to an ally getting invaded by defunding that ally makes America the same sort of treacherous and fickle protector that Russia is to Armenia.

I'd like to qualify this a little bit: I think if this were a traditional military operation focused on military targets it would be defensible as a legitimate response to ongoing occupation (I would still oppose it because I think it would be unlikely to achieve anything other than meaningless deaths). However, this Hamas operation involves the intentional targeting of civilians, making a withdrawal of funding at this moment unjust, in my view.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2023, 03:24:11 PM »

Israel uses it's immense power to effect horrible conditions in the Palestinian Territories and especially Gaza, these conditions foment unrest and resentment which leads to these attacks and back-and-forth skirmishes which leads Israel to again worsen conditions. And thus the cycle continues.

Any one who has an issue with Bush's statement is a wackjob or a hack, full-stop. It's a measured and mature response which condemns the one un-politically ambiguous fact: Targeting civilians is unacceptable. One of the best from our elected officials. That's it.

I need to be clear here that given the scale of this attack and the historic context, Israel's response so far has been SHOCKINGLY measured.

Someone calling for defunding Israel at this point is calling for genocide and they know it. They don't realize that they're also unleashing something that can't be put into the bottle.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2023, 03:33:49 PM »

Pray tell, why is this - a time when Hamas is, in fact, committing unspeakable violence in Gaza - the time for the US to cut off aid? As numerous others have said, that's the biggest issue in her statement. She's right about a cycle of violence, and about how Israel is in need of some serious self-reflection, but when you're totally under seige and innocent civilians are getting raped, tortured, taken hostage, and killed - that is absolutely NOT the time to cut off funding in support of Israel.

When this current conflict ends, then I agree America needs to be reconsidering and giving a closer look at its support for Israel - while I'm not advocating cutting of funding, conditions for funding (which another poster in this thread referred to) should definitely be attached (i.e., America stops providing funding if Israel continues to take away property or abduct Palestinians); taxpayer dollars should not be given to Israel if it's going to use them for its own inhumane purposes. I'm sure you agree with me on that, and it's a reasonable take.

However, at this time, cutting off aid would be absolutely monstrous - quite the Machiavellian thing to do - and would doubtless lead to more death and destruction. Plus, America already has enough hate in the Middle East and Israel is our only ally. Right now, if we let them get assailed, they will (rightfully) view us as having betrayed them. Only once this current crisis ends should changes to our aid to Israel be discussed.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2023, 06:01:20 PM »

Disappointing. I was hoping she and certain other Squad members would have taken a cue from Omar. This is not a shades of grey situation.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2023, 06:11:07 PM »

Jordan should annex the West Bank, and Egypt should annex Gaza.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2023, 07:41:21 PM »

I need to be clear here that given the scale of this attack and the historic context, Israel's response so far has been SHOCKINGLY measured.

Someone calling for defunding Israel at this point is calling for genocide and they know it. They don't realize that they're also unleashing something that can't be put into the bottle.
If they want the aid they should stop building settlements on the West Bank.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2023, 09:45:05 PM »

YES
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2023, 03:55:59 AM »

That's it. I'm done with these buffoons. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not doing it anymore
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies