KY-GOV: Would Kelly Craft done better than Daniel Cameron?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:12:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-GOV: Would Kelly Craft done better than Daniel Cameron?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-GOV: Would Kelly Craft done better than Daniel Cameron?  (Read 506 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2023, 12:33:53 PM »

Pretty obvious that Cocaine Mitch handpicked protege + Trump Guy Daniel Cameron will lose badly next month. Would Kelly Craft have done better?
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 12:46:18 PM »

I'm not sure, I think regardless of the Republican nominee Beshear is going to win re-election.

So I don't think so.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 01:16:27 PM »

It's not over yet.  This could still be another Jack Conway situation all over again, however long those odds look. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 06:01:25 PM »

I'm only going off of that one poll that had Beshear at 57% against her, but that could very well be a sign that Cameron was still in fact the best nominee. Beshear is usually polling between 49 and 51% against him, in contrast. Still a strong showing and suggests Beshear would have been favored no matter what.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 06:21:36 PM »

I don’t think it’s really a fault of Cameron’s own. It’s just really, really hard to beat an incumbent Governor, especially a popular one. Even in a state that favors the challenger’s party.

This is kind of like saying Derek Schmidt dropped the ball in Kansas last year when in reality I think Laura Kelly was unbeatable. He was a strong candidate in his own right.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 06:48:48 PM »

I don’t think it’s really a fault of Cameron’s own. It’s just really, really hard to beat an incumbent Governor, especially a popular one. Even in a state that favors the challenger’s party.

This is kind of like saying Derek Schmidt dropped the ball in Kansas last year when in reality I think Laura Kelly was unbeatable. He was a strong candidate in his own right.

Yeah it doesn't really seem like Cameron has had any major misplays or gaffes, from what I can tell his campaign has been fine. Beshear is just popular and people don't really see any reason to get rid of him. That being said, I don't know if I buy that Beshear is guaranteed to win, I just have a hunch this one will be closer than people think.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 09:41:59 PM »

Yeah it doesn't really seem like Cameron has had any major misplays or gaffes, from what I can tell his campaign has been fine. Beshear is just popular and people don't really see any reason to get rid of him. That being said, I don't know if I buy that Beshear is guaranteed to win, I just have a hunch this one will be closer than people think.

Honestly I disagree slightly. Cameron may not have any major gaffes, but his biggest flaw is he's just BORING. He's bland, he has no charisma, his attacks are weak, he has no fire, no passion, no answer to the question of why he is even running frankly, no argument for why Kentuckians should abandon a popular, likable governor in his favor. An actual Trumpist Republican might have had a better chance here, but a cautious and "safe" and "establishment" one with ties to McConnell like Cameron is a terrible fit for the state nowadays. And frankly, his race doesn't help matters either, as wrong and unfair as that is. Put it all together however and I just don't see him motivating the Trump base to get out to vote for him against a popular incumbent governor.

As for the race being closer than many expect? MAYBE. But it could just as easily go the way of your own state PA's 2022 race, where Shapiro did indeed do as well as the polls suggested he would, actually better.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 06:55:56 AM »

No, Beshear like Presley are WC like Jefferson but not that discrimination
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: