Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:19:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 ... 335
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 249041 times)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8175 on: June 14, 2024, 02:06:04 PM »

Well, you sound nice.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8176 on: June 14, 2024, 04:11:22 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2024, 05:03:18 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

have any nations committed to taking palestinian refugees? i see nothing from the us, europe, arab nations, etc...

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

I wonder why they hate Palestinians so much. It could be many reasons.

Australia and the US already have I believe.

In other news, if there are no Jews, then there is no News.

No Jews No News

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8GMdPINAwe/

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8177 on: June 14, 2024, 05:30:47 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2024, 05:44:06 PM by Horus »

What this war surely shows is that the US has less influence over Israel than some have previously assumed - so no I don't think it "delusional" to think the above at all, indeed it is arguably rational.

It isn't arguable. What is arguable is that people in the west who have free access to information who think the US would allow Israel to clear out Gaza are suffering under some sort of psychotic delusion or psychotic break and they ought to go to the nearest hospital.

Another one for the block list sadly. This is Briahna Joy Gray levels of mental incapacity.

Why do you enjoy curating your own safe space so much?

CumbrianLefty is an incredibly chill poster. I've never seen him post anything even remotely against the ToS. Honestly this tantrum makes you look like the one in need of mental help.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8178 on: June 14, 2024, 05:49:53 PM »

As all those of us who are not terrorists sympathizers already guessed, Israel wanted to avoid and did their best to avoid any collateral damage in the hostage rescue. Noa was in fact freed without any issues. But Hamas had gotten 30 terrorists into the building overnight that the survey team missed or was too early for and so they rescue team who went in the front door was surprised by 30 armed terrorists and Arnor was in fact injured by shrapnel caused by a Hamas RPG. The rescuers who went in the window were mostly fine as were the hostages. The prolonged firefight allowed Hamas reinforcements to come, one or more rescue vehicles were incapacitated, so Israel was forced to employ plan B and create space with air strikes and other artillery as the rescuers evacuated with Arnon on a stretcher.

Israel maintains that they killed a low 3 digit number of terrorists and that civilian casualties were low, but obviously that is just them being lying Jews and they in fact killed 278 pregnant non-binary doctor aidworker kindergarteners.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #8179 on: June 14, 2024, 06:03:48 PM »

Nobody knows the actual numbers of the camp operation. We only know that some kids died, some adult civlians died, some Hamas members died, somf IDF soldiers died, Hamas put its own people in risk, Israel continued its cold ways, and 4 hostages were rescued.
Still, the war on the north is escalating and getting more and more attention. Both sides are bombing. Most Hezbollah bombs are not diriged, tho. Israel is now playing a similar game, altorught in a more memeable way. Maybe there are advantages on forest fires, but I don't knoe much about war.

In other news, Colombia's Petro supports taking palestinian refugees.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8180 on: June 14, 2024, 06:05:52 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2024, 06:10:05 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

As all those of us who are not terrorists sympathizers already guessed, Israel wanted to avoid and did their best to avoid any collateral damage in the hostage rescue. Noa was in fact freed without any issues. But Hamas had gotten 30 terrorists into the building overnight that the survey team missed or was too early for and so they rescue team who went in the front door was surprised by 30 armed terrorists and Arnor was in fact injured by shrapnel caused by a Hamas RPG. The rescuers who went in the window were mostly fine as were the hostages. The prolonged firefight allowed Hamas reinforcements to come, one or more rescue vehicles were incapacitated, so Israel was forced to employ plan B and create space with air strikes and other artillery as the rescuers evacuated with Arnon on a stretcher.

Israel maintains that they killed a low 3 digit number of terrorists and that civilian casualties were low, but obviously that is just them being lying Jews and they in fact killed 278 pregnant non-binary doctor aidworker kindergarteners.

Nice one.

There is another story coming out about how they found the hostages. Jews dressed as Palestinians pretending to be a family from Rafah displaced moving to that refugee zone. Probably one of the most amazing hostage recoveries in modern history.

You know how the Israeli's could do this though. From the hostages who have returned, they are all saying that Palestinians near them, including the nurses in the Hospitals, are all 100% complicit with Hamas. They are all pro-Hamas, so they have a feel for what is going on.

So if you have a neighbourhood with Israeli hostages, then the locals most likely know all about it. You simply offer the Gazan's money and immunity to dob in a Hamas militant holding an Israeli hostage. Or as it turned out, in the particular case you mentioned, Palestinian civilians holding Israeli hostages.

The Jews are pretty smart. Their resourcefulness is incredible. But their resilience and determination is what I admire once you get to this stage of the War where Hamas only have 4 Battalions left in Rafah.

axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8181 on: June 14, 2024, 06:09:24 PM »

Nobody knows the actual numbers of the camp operation. We only know that some kids died, some adult civlians died, some Hamas members died, somf IDF soldiers died, Hamas put its own people in risk, Israel continued its cold ways, and 4 hostages were rescued.
Still, the war on the north is escalating and getting more and more attention. Both sides are bombing. Most Hezbollah bombs are not diriged, tho. Israel is now playing a similar game, altorught in a more memeable way. Maybe there are advantages on forest fires, but I don't knoe much about war.

In other news, Colombia's Petro supports taking palestinian refugees.

Actually no one in the IDF died. There was a single Israeli who died, he was part of the police special forces for counter-terrorism.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8182 on: June 14, 2024, 06:11:01 PM »

Nice one.

There is another story coming out about how they found the hostages. Jews dressed as Palestinians pretending to be a family from Rafah displaced moving to that refugee zone. Probably one of the most amazing hostage recoveries in modern history.

You know how the Israeli's could do this though. From the hostages who have returned, they are all saying that Palestinians near them, including the nurses in the Hospitals, are all 100% complicit with Hamas. They are all pro-Hamas, so they have a feel for what is going on.

So if you have a neighbourhood with Israeli hostages, then the locals most likely know all about it. You simply offer the Gazan's money and immunity to dob in a Hamas militant holding an Israeli hostage. Or as it turned out, in the particular case you mentioned, Palestinian civilians holding Israeli hostages.

The Jews are pretty smart. Their resourcefulness is incredible.

I mean that is part of the story I am using for my information. Yes they did extensive undercover ops prior to the rescue.

Not quite as impressive as Entebbe but still.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8183 on: June 14, 2024, 06:19:23 PM »

I just looked it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entebbe_raid

It says that the only victim on the Israeli side was Y. Netanyahu.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8184 on: June 14, 2024, 06:23:52 PM »

I just looked it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entebbe_raid

It says that the only victim on the Israeli side was Y. Netanyahu.

That's correct. Most media portrayals exaggerate Yoni's roll a bit, though he was crucial. There's a dispute about his death as well, where it is possible a soldier on the raid who was not a big fan of his lied about what happened. Although we'll never know probably.

Entebbe was definitely one of the most impressive hostage rescues of all time. Especially because Israel obviously had way less experience and local knowledge compared to the situation in Gaza.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8185 on: June 14, 2024, 07:37:04 PM »

Cheers. An amazing history of fighting terrorists.

Footage From Israeli Hostage Rescue

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8NCtTFt8pC/

The Israeli's clearly have the World's best military for this sort of operation. The U.S. are saying they provided overhead intelligence.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #8186 on: June 14, 2024, 08:59:45 PM »

have any nations committed to taking palestinian refugees? i see nothing from the us, europe, arab nations, etc...

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

No Jews No News

So much inhumanity from the neighboring nations. Not allowing the Palestinian refugees to enter into their country says more about the corruption of the leaders around the nation than it does about Palestinians. Majority of the population in the neighboring nations support the solidarity with Palestine but the leaders refues to help the Palestinians who are in desperate times looking for somebody to help end their misery.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8187 on: June 15, 2024, 04:35:07 AM »

Chicago Calls For Ceasefire

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4i-DQeS1Of/

Chicago has become the largest city in the US calling for a ceasefire in Gaza.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8188 on: June 15, 2024, 07:21:41 AM »

This is so dumb. No one votes for city leaders because of their Palestine position. So it doesn't mean anything when very left wing people are pressured to make statements about it.

Now if they ran a city wide referendum on Gaza that might mean something, although there'd be the risk that only supporters would bother to show up cause normal people have better things to do. But at least in theory it'd have an actual meaning.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8189 on: June 15, 2024, 07:55:30 AM »

I thought this happened months ago. There was some really shady stuff going on, like Johnson telling several Jewish legislators to not show up for the vote if they weren't willing to vote for it.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8190 on: June 15, 2024, 08:42:46 AM »

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

No Jews No News

So much inhumanity from the neighboring nations. Not allowing the Palestinian refugees to enter into their country says more about the corruption of the leaders around the nation than it does about Palestinians. Majority of the population in the neighboring nations support the solidarity with Palestine but the leaders refues to help the Palestinians who are in desperate times looking for somebody to help end their misery.

Here is someone presenting a version of events to answer your questions.

Palestinian Refugees That No One Wants

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8PNxVPopmC/

I am not saying that is all true, but it does fit with the current thinking from Israel's neighbours. No one wants them.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8191 on: June 15, 2024, 08:49:23 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2024, 02:55:53 PM by certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

As all those of us who are not terrorists sympathizers already guessed...

"Everyone who even slightly disagrees with Israeli actions and policies is obviously a terrorist supporter!"

What is this? A sh!tty redux of the Iraq war era again?

...Israel maintains that they killed a low 3 digit number of terrorists and that civilian casualties were low, but obviously that is just them being lying Jews and they in fact killed 278 pregnant non-binary doctor aidworker kindergarteners.

Damn bro, that sure was a kneeslapper. You got the entire forum laughing. 😐
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8192 on: June 15, 2024, 09:39:53 AM »

sh**t went down in Gaza in the last several hours. 8 or more dead IDF, significant fighting, other potential issues. Probably take a while to get details.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8193 on: June 15, 2024, 10:15:51 AM »

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

No Jews No News

I’ve told you personally many times in this thread, the reason the other Arab nations won’t take Palestinian refugees is because they wouldn’t be allowed back in.

This isn’t some unwarranted fear. You have half of Netanyahu’s governing coalition saying this. And the IDF creating an official plan in the early days of the war on how to do this.

But I guess you’ll never change your ignorant views
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8194 on: June 15, 2024, 10:47:11 AM »

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

No Jews No News

I’ve told you personally many times in this thread, the reason the other Arab nations won’t take Palestinian refugees is because they wouldn’t be allowed back in.

This isn’t some unwarranted fear. You have half of Netanyahu’s governing coalition saying this. And the IDF creating an official plan in the early days of the war on how to do this.

It is unwarranted. It's completely unwarranted and delusional. But I guess you'll never change your ignorant views.

Half of Hamas and Hezbollah and the Houthis say their goal is to destroy all of Israel but then Hamas defenders claim they'll accept peace.

Besides even if Israel did try to do this, the US would never allow it. But you people can't tell the difference between things the US would full their full weight behind and things where it isn't worth it in the grand scheme of things.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8195 on: June 15, 2024, 11:08:52 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2024, 11:24:47 AM by certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

It is unwarranted. It's completely unwarranted and delusional. But I guess you'll never change your ignorant views.

Google, "What is the Nakba?", before you keep running your mouth dude.

Half of Hamas and Hezbollah and the Houthis say their goal is to destroy all of Israel but then Hamas defenders claim they'll accept peace.

Wow, it's almost like there's pieces of sh!t on both sides of the conflict. And the difference is, how much of an ability do any of these groups have in accomplishing somehow destroying Israel vs the IDF and the government has in forcibly expelling the Palestinian population of Gaza. You tell me with a straight face that they have an equal capability, and ability, to accomplish these respective wretched goals.

Besides even if Israel did try to do this, the US would never allow it. But you people can't tell the difference between things the US would full their full weight behind and things where it isn't worth it in the grand scheme of things.

Right, because the current Israeli government is well renown for giving a damn what we say, much less what the international community has to say.  Roll Eyes
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8196 on: June 15, 2024, 11:25:16 AM »

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

No Jews No News

1. Half of Hamas and Hezbollah and the Houthis say their goal is to destroy all of Israel but then Hamas defenders claim they'll accept peace.

2. Besides even if Israel did try to do this, the US would never allow it. But you people can't tell the difference between things the US would full their full weight behind and things where it isn't worth it in the grand scheme of things.
1. Not half, all. Because these are evil organizations.

2. The US has no levage with Netanyahu. His judicial reforms failed and he's on trial for corruption. If he accepts peace, his far right allies will leave his coalition meaning elections. Polls show he'll lose. Than go to jail. Netanyahu doesn't care about the hostages, only staying in power.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8197 on: June 15, 2024, 11:26:23 AM »

People who blather about the Nakba are not serious people. Firstly because the Nakba isn't some secret event nobody knows about and secondly because it isn't the 1940s anymore.

Shall we recite the litany of past horrors yet again? Hebron perhaps? Every Middle Eastern country who used to have 5-6 digits of Jews and now have 0, or 1 in the case of Iraq I guess.

The fact is that if Palestinians fled from Gaza there is no real possibility of their not being able to return following the fall of Hamas. Indeed the temporary resettlement of Palestinians out of Gaza is the most effective measure by which they could start a return to their normal lives because not only would they no longer be killed in the fighting but the removal of Hamas as an organization, not necessarily a philosophy, would be made immeasurably easier and faster.

This is why those aligned with Hamas are so resistant to the idea and so adamant about spreading the propaganda of a second Nakba. Because they must stop the isolation of Hamas at any cost because it only functions when it can shield itself with civilians.

Of course the temporary relocation of Gazans will result in an enormous death toll when Hamas does whatever it can to prevent such an event as it would be an existential crisis for Hamas for their human shields to be removed.

I'm sure they'd start with something like killing hostages with the defense that they are preventing a second Nakba. That's the smart play to manipulate their useful idiots in the West.

There is no world in which even the staunchest allies of Israel would allow them to depopulate Gaza permanently.

I restate my comment which it appears moderates previously removed. Anyone who believes that this would be allowed is completely and totally delusional, and should report to the nearest mental health facility.

I can state definitively that the US especially would never allow this. Not only would they refuse to interfere with other nations attempting to forcefully repatriate Gazans following the defeat of Hamas and the return of the hostages, many more of which would be dead, but nevertheless out of the hands of Hamas, but they would even intervene personally if Israel attempted such an action.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8198 on: June 15, 2024, 11:29:40 AM »

Jordan won't.

Egypt won't.

Lebanon won't.

No Jews No News

1. Half of Hamas and Hezbollah and the Houthis say their goal is to destroy all of Israel but then Hamas defenders claim they'll accept peace.

2. Besides even if Israel did try to do this, the US would never allow it. But you people can't tell the difference between things the US would full their full weight behind and things where it isn't worth it in the grand scheme of things.
1. Not half, all. Because these are evil organizations.

2. The US has no levage with Netanyahu. His judicial reforms failed and he's on trial for corruption. If he accepts peace, his far right allies will leave his coalition meaning elections. Polls show he'll lose. Than go to jail. Netanyahu doesn't care about the hostages, only staying in power.

Leverage with Netanyahu is irrelevant. Not only would the US put Israel under sanctions that would make the Russian sanctions look like a joke if they attempted to prevent the return of Gazans to Gaza but they'd engage in military action to repatriate them.

And it is simple enough to sign an agreement to this effect.

I'm sorry but it is just completely delusional to believe the US would allow Israel to prevent the return of Gazans after the war.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #8199 on: June 15, 2024, 01:20:02 PM »

Israel will be done in Rafah in roughly 2 weeks, after which they will pause for negotiations to be attempted. When those negotiations fail, as they inevitably must imo, then Israel will launch a campaign across the northern border. This is highly like to be August 1st, as previously predicted.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 ... 335  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies