Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:56:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 ... 329
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 237087 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4125 on: November 29, 2023, 09:13:51 AM »
« edited: November 29, 2023, 09:17:53 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

IDF International Spokesman Lt. Col. Richard Hecht.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0OyZG9ijeW/

Israel are not going to stop now until all hostages are released.

Everything Israel is saying is true and backed up with evidence. Everything Hamas is saying, including how hostages loved their captors and their kidnapping is.... simply absurd. The Hospital car park charade was another event that even Joe Biden called out.

It will end up like the decline of Nazi Germany.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4126 on: November 29, 2023, 03:14:27 PM »

I doubt Hamas will surrender unconditionally (though they may; Imperial Japan did), but I think their total defeat is clearly possible. You don't hear much about the PFLP these days.

Nor the LTTE/Tamil Tigers. ETA are gone, the Red Army Faction are gone, the IRA are mostly drug dealers now.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #4127 on: November 29, 2023, 03:26:27 PM »

The Israeli ambassador to Belgium, who you can tell from the moment she opens her mouth is a halfwitted pig, has justified dead Palestinian children by comparing them to... Marc Dutroux.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #4128 on: November 29, 2023, 04:12:10 PM »

No, any conclusion in which Hamas does not surrender unconditionally, and agree to implement the directives of the Israeli government, is unacceptable. If Israel is unwilling to bomb Gaza then other countries, or private organizations, should do it, though I think Israel is the country most enthusiastic about this (and also is who the territory belongs to legally), so it makes the most sense.

The role of America and other Western countries should be shutting down aid organizations that are trying to send aid to territories under Hamas's control and criminalizing their activities, instead of cooperating with them. Aid can be sent to territories ruled by Hamas once Hamas either stops ruling them or surrenders unconditionally. The Israeli blockade of Gaza was indeed unjust; it should have always been an Earth blockade. Flotillas of private individuals from around the world should travel to Gaza to destroy the government and ideology there, until Palestinian liberationism is crushed under the weight of eight billion human souls.

Something tells me you aren't going to sign up to go fight for your people's cause. You'll just smarmily cheer for a needlessly gruesome ethnic cleansing in front of a dozen other bozo's on an internet forum.

The unashamedly ethno-narcissist (fine I guess, but it's hypocritical because most Zionists scream bloody murder when language half this potent is coming from white people) crowing of people like yourself doesn't do anything to win Israel any support. It's a large part of why I stopped supporting the Zionist cause.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4129 on: November 29, 2023, 04:58:18 PM »

Lol what a gaffe

Also a way to anger the belgian right wingers easily.

At this point safe to say the majority supports Palestine now.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4130 on: November 29, 2023, 07:05:05 PM »

UN vote on a resolution demanding Israel to "withdraw from all occupied Syrian Golan to the line of June 4, 1967."

Fairly predictable and representative of the current world alignment on Israel-Hamas

The Pacific sure seems to support Israel.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4131 on: November 29, 2023, 07:08:07 PM »

No, any conclusion in which Hamas does not surrender unconditionally, and agree to implement the directives of the Israeli government, is unacceptable. If Israel is unwilling to bomb Gaza then other countries, or private organizations, should do it, though I think Israel is the country most enthusiastic about this (and also is who the territory belongs to legally), so it makes the most sense.

The role of America and other Western countries should be shutting down aid organizations that are trying to send aid to territories under Hamas's control and criminalizing their activities, instead of cooperating with them. Aid can be sent to territories ruled by Hamas once Hamas either stops ruling them or surrenders unconditionally. The Israeli blockade of Gaza was indeed unjust; it should have always been an Earth blockade. Flotillas of private individuals from around the world should travel to Gaza to destroy the government and ideology there, until Palestinian liberationism is crushed under the weight of eight billion human souls.

Something tells me you aren't going to sign up to go fight for your people's cause. You'll just smarmily cheer for a needlessly gruesome ethnic cleansing in front of a dozen other bozo's on an internet forum.

The unashamedly ethno-narcissist (fine I guess, but it's hypocritical because most Zionists scream bloody murder when language half this potent is coming from white people) crowing of people like yourself doesn't do anything to win Israel any support. It's a large part of why I stopped supporting the Zionist cause.

Is it possible for you to write anything informative about a topic without the venomous hatred and vitriol towards others?

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4132 on: November 29, 2023, 07:34:20 PM »

Many of these South Pacific island nations are very dependent on Australia for basically everything and align with the Aussies policy-wise.

Of course China has been trying to change that since they dream of building military bases on Fiji and Tonga.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4133 on: November 30, 2023, 07:04:34 AM »

Is it possible for you to write anything informative about a topic without the venomous hatred and vitriol towards others?

You're passive aggressive with your venomous hatred, YH is a little more upfront. In other words, at least he's not being fake about it.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4134 on: November 30, 2023, 07:53:06 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2023, 07:56:48 AM by I stand with Rashida »

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2023/11/30/israeli-ambassador-to-belgium-defends-controversial-dutroux-twe/

And it only gets worse

The entire Israeli diplomatic delegation should be expelled from Belgium immediately.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #4135 on: November 30, 2023, 08:22:57 AM »

UN vote on a resolution demanding Israel to "withdraw from all occupied Syrian Golan to the line of June 4, 1967."

Fairly predictable and representative of the current world alignment on Israel-Hamas

To generalize, without the exceptions here and there:

White Anglos - Against
Other Western - Abstain
Non-Western - In Favor
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4136 on: November 30, 2023, 09:19:00 AM »

Israel really aren't sending their best to represent their country abroad are they.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #4137 on: November 30, 2023, 11:14:42 AM »

Israel really aren't sending their best to represent their country abroad are they.

Likely because they once bought Yair Netenyahu a popsicle.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #4138 on: November 30, 2023, 11:40:02 AM »

White Anglos - Against
Other Western - Abstain
Non-Western - In Favor

The against list to explicitly state them:

Australia, Canada, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, the UK, and the U.S.

Remove the 3 that are effectively South Pacific protectorates of the U.S., that is such a limited but distinct set of countries. It's just missing New Zealand which abstained, as did Japan, South Korea, and all of the EU.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #4139 on: November 30, 2023, 11:41:30 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2023, 11:54:44 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

No, any conclusion in which Hamas does not surrender unconditionally, and agree to implement the directives of the Israeli government, is unacceptable.

How many times post-World War II has one side agreed to surrender unconditionally? That's not how war works anymore.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #4140 on: November 30, 2023, 12:05:42 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2023, 12:10:47 PM by Red Velvet »

White Anglos - Against
Other Western - Abstain
Non-Western - In Favor

The against list to explicitly state them:

Australia, Canada, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, the UK, and the U.S.

Remove the 3 that are effectively South Pacific protectorates of the U.S., that is such a limited but distinct set of countries. It's just missing New Zealand which abstained, as did Japan, South Korea, and all of the EU.

The EU, New Zealand and even Japan abstaining is just expected though, they’re the “Friendlier Western that don’t like to appear they’re the exact same thing as the US” and try to at least pass the idea of independence to others.

New Zealand is kinda like Europe in a sense, even if they’re White Anglo. Not quite like an Ireland (where history with UK gives them at least some perspective of the other side) at all but still positioning itself as the friendliest “more moderate” place of the Five Eyes. Which is exactly what Europe does with their light criticism of US but never in a way that sounds meaningful.

It’s very different from the Five Eyes Trio of Canada; UK and Australia that never hide their inconditional alignment to US + Israel voting in its favor.

Abstention list is basically the combo of Western places that aren’t White Anglo + Ireland and New Zealand +some of the Global South countries with current Right-Wing governments like Guatemala or Uruguay.

While the list that voted in favor is basically >80% of the Global South.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4141 on: November 30, 2023, 01:42:09 PM »

No, any conclusion in which Hamas does not surrender unconditionally, and agree to implement the directives of the Israeli government, is unacceptable.

How many times post-World War II has one side agreed to surrender unconditionally? That's not how war works anymore.

Just off Wikipedia, Pakistan Eastern Command unconditionally surrendered to India in 1971, and in 2021 the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan unconditionally surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (ie, the Taliban). It absolutely does still happen.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4142 on: November 30, 2023, 01:51:08 PM »

Where’s the ethno-narcissism? In this thread I’ve repeatedly said that I don’t think the conflict is that unique and under international law there is no particular right of independence that accrues to Tamil Eelam or Ambazonia or Biafra or Palestine. Much harsher bombing campaigns than the one Israel is conducting now have been conducted by my country, the United States, and also by the country my grandparents and great-grandparents did fight for, which was the Soviet Union. The special explanations are necessary to explain why this is controversial at all, not why Israel gets some special pass.

(And I think the answer for that is that from an early period the Israeli government, and the Zionist movement, have deliberately courted global public opinion in the belief that it would help them in the conflict. I think since the mid-1970s or so this has been gradually more and more successful, and it’s probably an inevitable legacy of the mid-1940s reality, but it’s still often frustrating when you have posters like Horus or Comrade Funk insisting but the media would NEVER ignore such-and-such an action when in reality they ignore it all the damn time.)
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #4143 on: November 30, 2023, 02:47:47 PM »

Just off Wikipedia, Pakistan Eastern Command unconditionally surrendered to India in 1971, and in 2021 the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan unconditionally surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (ie, the Taliban). It absolutely does still happen.

Have you paid attention to the Middle East for the past 25 years?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4144 on: November 30, 2023, 03:03:51 PM »

Just off Wikipedia, Pakistan Eastern Command unconditionally surrendered to India in 1971

I would do if i managed to get routed in a battle where our side had 2000-3000 soldiers and the opponents had 200 (of which rhe Pakistanis only managed to kill two people).
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4145 on: November 30, 2023, 03:16:06 PM »

RilakkuMAGA
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: -2.43

« Reply #4146 on: November 30, 2023, 03:44:51 PM »

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2023/11/30/israeli-ambassador-to-belgium-defends-controversial-dutroux-twe/

And it only gets worse

The entire Israeli diplomatic delegation should be expelled from Belgium immediately.

It's honestly unreal how bad Israeli PR is. Like "hasbara" and "Israel has hypnotized the world" is kind of a BS claim because actual Israeli PR and diplomacy is completely and utterly inept now. There's legitimately a crisis of competence in these sectors of the Israeli staet.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4147 on: November 30, 2023, 04:09:44 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2023, 04:14:09 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

Meanwhile, this war is causing immense problems for Jordan, a country that Israel (and the broader region, and the US, and the world…) cannot afford to lose.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/israel-palestine-war-destroying-gaza-tel-aviv-opening-huge-front-jordan
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4148 on: November 30, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »

The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan didn't so much surrender as it collapsed: Ashraf Ghani, the president, fled the country, as did most cabinet ministers and other high-ranking officials, in order to avoid being forced to formally sign over control of the country to the Taliban. The beleagured-looking Afghan government official in the video where the armed Taliban fighters entered Ghani's office was, IIRC, Ghani's private secretary.

Because of the rapid collapse, the Islamic Republic was able to neither surrender nor set up a government in exile. Since no other country has yet recognized the Taliban, many Afghan embassies continued operating in the name of the Islamic Republic even though it no longer holds any territory, though many were forced to shut down due to lack of funding or switch to working with the Taliban, but the ousted government still holds Afghanistan's seat at the UN.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4149 on: November 30, 2023, 04:20:01 PM »

Yeah, just because the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s leaders weren’t willing to fight for their country doesn’t mean the ANA or Afghans in general (outside the Taliban obviously) weren’t.

The thing is, militaries can’t operate without command and control—or vital support from allies, in many cases, Afghanistan being one of them. You can imagine what a rapid collapse at the top does to morale all the way down.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 ... 329  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies