Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:27:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 223562 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 09, 2023, 08:20:50 AM »

The presence of a certain person and their slipping back into judenhass rhetoric only a few weeks after being unbanned feels like a dramatic security failure on the part of the mods.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1201 on: October 09, 2023, 08:22:17 AM »

The mood here in Neukölln has been almost festive, it's so disgusting.

There have been reports of harassment as well, both against individual and the media, such as this:

On Saturday afternoon, a camera team from Welt TV, collecting reactions to the attack on Israel, was threatened in Berlin-Neukölln. A group of individuals forced the team to delete their footage. We urge the authorities to take necessary steps in response to this assault on the freedom of the press.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1202 on: October 09, 2023, 08:26:50 AM »

Israel benefits quite a bit from the fact that most people don't know Hebrew.

So because IDF members make tshirts that dehumanize Palestinian people somehow justified Hamas rolling in and murdering hundreds of innocent civilians?

I'm going to get banned here, but I don't care: would you do humanity a favor and jump off the nearest rooftop?

Thanks mods.
Go back to the lake and stay there. I'm posting an official Israeli statement that wasn't translated by English-language media.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1203 on: October 09, 2023, 08:27:22 AM »

Two thoughts:

1. Wow this thread sucks.
2. Wow you guys SUCK.

If there's a thread that makes a solid argument for me leaving this forum because of insane ass bullsh**t, this one is it.  I've heard enough genocide fantasies on both sides to make me understand why some folks want to live in Mars.

-The Man

The irony is that Hamas played into Israel's hand. They have undercut the Palestinian cause for the next 20-30 years, perhaps even longer.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1204 on: October 09, 2023, 08:50:08 AM »

Yeah, these sentiments are evil. How does this justify Hamas murdering civilians?
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #1205 on: October 09, 2023, 08:53:23 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2023, 06:18:56 PM by WalterWhite »

There will be a refugee crisis because of this war, like there is with EVERY war. I imagine the Biden administration would be very welcoming of refugees (like most Democrats are), but it will probably be more of a mixed bag in Europe. In either case, it is essential that governments do not repeat the mistake they made in WWII of denying refugees entering their countries.

I can assure you that no one in Europe wants even one of these murderous and mentally deranged "Palestinians". The entire Gaza strips needs thirty years of deprogramming to come to its senses.

Polling indicates that about 75% of Palestinians support Israel's right to exist. I am pretty sure only a fraction of the remaining 25% support Hamas' actions a few days ago. Plus, there will also be a lot of Israeli refugees, who clearly do not support Hamas' actions.

I doubt there will be a major national security risk in accepting refugees as there is probably very little overlap between those who want to flee violence (refugees) and those who want to engage in violence (Hamas).
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1206 on: October 09, 2023, 08:54:40 AM »

No Food, No Water, No Electricity

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-09/israeli-forces-descend-on-hamas-militants/102952436

Israel's Iron Dome anti-missile system intercepts rockets launched from the Gaza Strip above the city of Ashkelon. (Reuters: Amir Cohen)

Defence Minister Yoav Galland said in a video message that Israel would be "putting a complete siege on Gaza".

"No electricity, no goods, no water, no gas — it's all closed," he said.

Total blockade of the Gaza Strip by the Israeli's.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1207 on: October 09, 2023, 08:54:44 AM »

There are indications that tensions are building on the Israel-Lebanon border.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1208 on: October 09, 2023, 08:55:13 AM »

There will be a refugee crisis because of this war, like there is with EVERY war. I imagine the Biden administration would be very welcoming of refugees (like most Democrats are), but it will probably be more of a mixed bag in Europe. In either case, it is essential that governments do not repeat the mistake they made in WWII of denying refugees entering their countries.

I can assure you that no one in Europe wants even one of these murderous and mentally deranged "Palestinians". The entire Gaza strips needs thirty years of deprogramming to come to its senses.

Polling indicates that about 75% of Palestinians support Israel's right to exist. I am pretty sure only a fraction of the remaining 25% support Hamas' actions a few days ago. Plus, there will also be a lot of Israeli refugees, who clearly do not support Hamas' actions.

I doubt there will be a major national security risk in accepting refugees as there is probably very little overlap between those who wants to flee violence (refugees) and those who want to engage in violence (Hamas).

Why are there no protests against Hamas in the West Bank then and only celebrations?
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #1209 on: October 09, 2023, 08:56:06 AM »

No Food, No Water, No Electricity

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-09/israeli-forces-descend-on-hamas-militants/102952436

Israel's Iron Dome anti-missile system intercepts rockets launched from the Gaza Strip above the city of Ashkelon. (Reuters: Amir Cohen)

Defence Minister Yoav Galland said in a video message that Israel would be "putting a complete siege on Gaza".

"No electricity, no goods, no water, no gas — it's all closed," he said.

Total blockade of the Gaza Strip by the Israeli's.

Does this mean that refugees will be blocked from leaving?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1210 on: October 09, 2023, 08:58:09 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2023, 09:54:36 AM by Hash »

I doubt there will be a major national security risk in accepting refugees as there is probably very little overlap between those who wants to flee violence (refugees) and those who want to engage in violence (Hamas).

Why are there no protests against Hamas in the West Bank then and only celebrations?

Because the country is literally oppressed by Israel.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1211 on: October 09, 2023, 09:00:12 AM »

Yeah, these sentiments are evil. How does this justify Hamas murdering civilians?
Again--what does my condemnation of Hamas do for Israelis, Palestinians, or anyone else? They're reactionary Islamists whose presence at the forefront of the Palestinian movement is both shameful and a direct consequence of Shamir's own propping-up of them against a PLO which has since recognized Israel and gotten nothing for it.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1212 on: October 09, 2023, 09:02:52 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2023, 10:13:53 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

They are leaving according to the Live Stream.

Most likely leaving to another part of Gaza where the Israeli's want them to go.

"Residents of the Gaza Strip, specifically the area of Abasan al-Kabira, Abasan al-Saghira & the area of Khirbet Khuza'a, pay attention."

"You must go immediately to Khan Yunis city center"

Khan Yunis is right down the bottom of the strip near Rafah.

Looks like the Israeli's will pummel the northern half of Gaza and do this section by section. The Palestinians are moving South into schools and public buildings.

I left the bass up on this video, and even I found the bombing quite ominous. The artillery (or missiles) getting closer has overwhelmed people who, over the last few hours, were all packing their stuff and leaving (in the area shown).

The Israeli's are lighting up Gaza City like a christmas tree.

Gaza Live Stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcPPJqKsTR8

Big Explosions occurring at:

11:11:11
17:29:50
17:46:10
17:56:00
18:06:40

Smoke rises over buildings as the Israeli airstrikes continue in Gaza City, Gaza, on October 9. Ashraf Amra/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

Israeli forces are currently conducting "wide-scale strikes" on several "strategic" centers in Gaza belonging to Hamas, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement Monday.

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-gaza-attack-10-09-23/h_adebb4147fc4a83751908555ec54b8c0

CNN are now reporting that the Israeli's are getting the fighting in their territory under control where the red squares are shown.

For the US to move 4 Destroyers, a Cruiser and an Aircraft Carrier right next to the area of concern, you would have to imagine the US has intelligence that Hezbollah and Iran have something bigger planned to drag this out over multiple fronts, something the Israeli's cannot afford to happen.

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1213 on: October 09, 2023, 09:05:53 AM »

Because the country is literally oppressed by Israel. Kinda makes sense to celebrate the attacks - based on the sh**t they have to endure - even during peaceful times, sh**t you don't care about, in part because you don't live there.

Great inversion of the truth here! Actuality, oppression comes from threats to annihilate a people, and not from being richer than another in an abstract way. Thanks, sweetie.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1214 on: October 09, 2023, 09:07:17 AM »

Because the country is literally oppressed by Israel. Kinda makes sense to celebrate the attacks - based on the sh**t they have to endure - even during peaceful times, sh**t you don't care about, in part because you don't live there.

Great inversion of the truth here! Actuality, oppression comes from threats to annihilate a people, and not from being richer than another in an abstract way. Thanks, sweetie.

I always will point out this irony though; even if Palestine become independent, their pariah status in the eyes of the West, will mean that they will become dependent on countries like Russia, China, Iran,

which undercuts the whole independence argument.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1215 on: October 09, 2023, 09:07:36 AM »

They see the incursion, and its initial successes in catching the IDF off-guard, as a victory against the state which has been brutalizing them and stealing their land since 1967. Unfortunately, this also leads to a callousness towards the real civilian casualties, but you would hear the exact same and worse about Palestinians as a whole from any vox pop interview of Israeli Jews in the streets of Haifa. This isn't hard.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1216 on: October 09, 2023, 09:08:25 AM »

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1217 on: October 09, 2023, 09:08:48 AM »

Puts Washington sending a carrier there in a bit of a new light. Though we still can't say much for certain about how this might escalate and how quickly.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #1218 on: October 09, 2023, 09:09:58 AM »

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/
>Amnesty

lmao
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1219 on: October 09, 2023, 09:10:11 AM »

Again--what does my condemnation of Hamas do for Israelis, Palestinians, or anyone else? They're reactionary Islamists whose presence at the forefront of the Palestinian movement is both shameful and a direct consequence of Shamir's own propping-up of them against a PLO which has since recognized Israel and gotten nothing for it.
Twofold answer here:

1. You have been more than happy to offer strong condemnations of both the Israeli state (justifiable) and Israeli citizens (rather suspect amidst a genuinely horrific terrorist attack). “What does my condemnation of Hamas do for Israelis and Palestinians” is a complete non sequitur - we both understand that many Israelis are deeply racist against Palestinians, but the way you frame it here takes you genuinely close to apologizing for the massacres of attempting to redirect the conversation.

2. There is definitely blame for the Israeli Right and Far Right here, particularly in propping up Hamas to support their political goals. However, it should be noted that Hamas is not merely a product of outside circumstances and reflects a worrying trend of extreme political actors seizing power for their own personal gain at the expense of the Palestinian Authority.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1220 on: October 09, 2023, 09:10:43 AM »

>Amnesty

lmao

That's a comment someone who doesn't care about human rights would post.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1221 on: October 09, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1222 on: October 09, 2023, 09:15:19 AM »

Twofold answer here:

1. You have been more than happy to offer strong condemnations of both the Israeli state (justifiable) and Israeli citizens (rather suspect amidst a genuinely horrific terror attack). “What does my condemnation of Hamas do for Israelis and Palestinians” is a complete non sequitur - we both understand that many Israelis are deeply racist against Palestinians, but the way you frame it here takes you genuinely close to apologizing for the massacres of attempting to redirect the conversation.

2. There is definitely blame for the Israeli Right and Far Right here, particularly in propping up Hamas to support their political goals. However, it should be noted that Hamas is not merely a product of outside circumstances and reflects a worrying trend of extreme political actors seizing power for their own personal gain at the expense of the Palestinian Authority.
Israel is the ultimate aggressor and the entire Israeli-Palestinian conflict (as opposed to the broader Arab-Israeli conflict, which essentially ended in 1973) is rooted in the occupation. The fact that Hamas was able to seize power against a weak Palestinian Authority was possible because the Palestinian Authority is not allowed to be an actual state with enforcement powers!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1223 on: October 09, 2023, 09:16:47 AM »

Back in 2013, I embraced 21st-century American protest culture and complained to the school administraton about an Amnesty International group being started at my high school. (I think they ended up basically just renaming themselves, unfortunately.) Good times. (The club consisted of four girls, two of whom were sisters, whose parents had encouraged them to do it, more so out of college-prep fervor than any political feelings. I talked to one of the sisters I had a mutual friend with but she was absolutely bewildered by the complaint.)

No peace with those guys until they reject all sympathy for Palestinian liberationism, and until they can watch its destruction and have it spark joy.

But, no, over a decade I've been dead set against those guys.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1224 on: October 09, 2023, 09:20:21 AM »

Israeli helicopters reported over southern Lebanon.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies