Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 05:52:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 311
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 220240 times)
Aurelius2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 07, 2023, 11:23:07 PM »

Great job on the thread everyone! Congratulations due all around.

I can confidently say that after keeping up with this all day, that I hardly know more about the ongoing war from this thread than I did at 10:00am. On the plus side I now know what an East German apartment looked like.

I'm sorry to hear this. (Assuming you aren't already up to date and just stating this for the record) If you want a more facts based summary, I can recommend some news sources/twitter accounts.
I'm interested.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #626 on: October 07, 2023, 11:29:11 PM »

Is it too late to bring Jimmy Carter out for the Camp David Accords 2.0?
He'd be given the Folke Bernadotte welcome party.

No chance of an Anwar Sadat welcome party, though?

Man, we could play this stupid game all day, and it appears you've been trying to do just that. Frankly for the sake of your own mental health if nothing else, you probably should be temp-banned, at least from any and all Israel-related boards. You have clogged up practically every thread on this site today as far as I can see with Mel Gibson level lunatic ravings, just from the other side of the aisle (but ironically you share similar views about the Jews). It's genuinely the most second-hand embarrassment I've ever experienced on this site. If it's alcohol-induced, I do sympathize but I can only tell you from personal experience that you need to put down the bottle and just stop. It's not doing you any favors.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #627 on: October 07, 2023, 11:34:51 PM »

Is it too late to bring Jimmy Carter out for the Camp David Accords 2.0?
He'd be given the Folke Bernadotte welcome party.

No chance of an Anwar Sadat welcome party, though?

Man, we could play this stupid game all day, and it appears you've been trying to do just that. Frankly for the sake of your own mental health if nothing else, you probably should be temp-banned, at least from any and all Israel-related boards. You have clogged up practically every thread on this site today as far as I can see with Mel Gibson level lunatic ravings, just from the other side of the aisle (but ironically you share similar views about the Jews). It's genuinely the most second-hand embarrassment I've ever experienced on this site. If it's alcohol-induced, I do sympathize but I can only tell you from personal experience that you need to put down the bottle and just stop. It's not doing you any favors.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2023, 11:35:57 PM »

At this point I really don't see why Mods aren't letting us have these discussions. If Likud is having this discussion then I think it is worth considering. I am a free speech absolutist, so I do have a much greater tolerance for this kind of stuff even in other fields, but given the circumstances I do think that in the coming days both Israel and certain Western factions may be considering/supporting options like this.

You really want to openly call for ethnic cleansing and genocide. It's been obvious all day. And no, Likud is not a good barometer for what is and isn't acceptable on this site.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #629 on: October 07, 2023, 11:37:18 PM »

Reports of rocket fire from Lebanon.

certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #630 on: October 07, 2023, 11:37:55 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2023, 11:41:17 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

At this point I really don't see why Mods aren't letting us have these discussions. If Likud is having this discussion then I think it is worth considering. I am a free speech absolutist, so I do have a much greater tolerance for this kind of stuff even in other fields, but given the circumstances I do think that in the coming days both Israel and certain Western factions may be considering/supporting options like this.

Are you actually out of your fücking mind? Why in Allah's name should genocide and ethnic cleansing EVER be considered an option?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #631 on: October 07, 2023, 11:40:23 PM »

I can confidently say that after keeping up with this all day, that I hardly know more from this thread than I did at 10:00am. On the plus side I now know what an East German apartment looked like.
As predicted, we reach page 25 on same day.
I've never seen a thread in IGD move this quickly.
Russia Ukraine?
The only singular day I ever recall things moving remotely this quickly was the Prigozhin "mutiny" and even then I don't think it moved this fast. The 20,000+ posts in the RU-UA war megathread built up over many months and practically two years, didn't they?

Russia-Ukraine pushed 35 pages on Feb 24, 2022.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #632 on: October 07, 2023, 11:40:45 PM »

I can confidently say that after keeping up with this all day, that I hardly know more about the ongoing war from this thread than I did at 10:00am. On the plus side I now know what an East German apartment looked like.

I'm sorry to hear this. (Assuming you aren't already up to date and just stating this for the record) If you want a more facts based summary, I can recommend some news sources/twitter accounts.
I'm interested.

Several of these are broader war/conflict aggregators that have also covered Ukraine stuff. All of this stuff is also in English, although I can link to some Hebrew stuff if that's helpful. With that said:

Twitter -- OSINTtechnical, OSINTdefender, Patrick Fox, and Trey Yingst

Some good news articles/coverage:

https://www.thefp.com/p/today-is-israels-911
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/israel-middle-east/articles/americas-betrayal-of-israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ is also good

I wouldn't recommend NYT or WaPo -- when I checked them this morning they were incredibly mealy mouthed and (incredibly) running stuff talking about the situation on Al Aqsa mosque. Even now, the NYT top headline frames deaths around Israeli retaliation. However, if you just want decent coverage from an American source (this is less for you in particular since I'm sure most of what they're saying you've already read) the WSJ is as always pretty good.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: October 07, 2023, 11:41:18 PM »

Separately, CAIR just posted the following statement:

We join...the American Muslim community in reaffirming our support for the Palestinian people's right to freedom and calling for an end to the Israeli occupation, which kills hundreds of Palestinian civilians every year, subjects millions of Palestinians to racist oppression, and sparks the deadly violence that we see again and again, including today. 1/6

https://twitter.com/CAIRNational/status/1710758201358966893
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #634 on: October 07, 2023, 11:41:33 PM »

Oh lord.

Does anyone know the range of these rockets? My grandmother is in Tel Aviv.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: October 07, 2023, 11:43:55 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2023, 12:31:57 AM by Hash »

Are you actually out of your fücking mind? Why in Allah's name should genocide and ethnic cleansing EVER be considered an option?

1. I can't answer on the merits due to moderating policy for the latter. I will say for the former that genocide is always wrong because it takes innocent lives unnecessarily.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: October 07, 2023, 11:46:55 PM »

Oh lord.

Tel Aviv is in range of some rockets but not all of them. However, it is obviously a lot safer than the North. Sorry to hear that and hope your grandmother is doing well.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #637 on: October 07, 2023, 11:47:34 PM »

1. I can't answer on the merits due to moderating policy for the latter. I will say for the former that genocide is always wrong because it takes innocent lives unnecessarily.

2. It should be discussed and freely debated because its going to be a major policy discussion in Israel and the West over the following days. Israel cannot allow Hamas to freely exist in the Gaza Strip after this, and it cannot afford to permanently occupy the Gaza Strip. That lives only one realistic option, as I believe many already recognize.

Rot in Jahannam you fücking bastard
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #638 on: October 07, 2023, 11:48:43 PM »

Oh lord.

Tel Aviv is in range of some rockets but not all of them. However, it is obviously a lot safer than the North. Sorry to hear that and hope your grandmother is doing well.

I have a friend of a friend at Technion, in Haifa...
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #639 on: October 07, 2023, 11:49:18 PM »

Oh lord.

Thank you for the info. She is with a cousin who works for the State Department. I am told that if things really go south they will all be airlifted out by the Marines, but this is still nerve-wracking. I may stay up an extra hour or two to call her.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #640 on: October 07, 2023, 11:49:58 PM »

Oh lord.

Thank you for the info. She is with a cousin who works for the State Department. I am told that if things really go south they will all be airlifted out by the Marines, but this is still nerve-wracking. I may stay up an extra hour or two to call her.

Do it. Make sure your loved ones are okay.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #641 on: October 07, 2023, 11:53:53 PM »

I'm now imagining telling past me, 24 hours ago, what would have happened. I would not have been surprised at the general trajectory, but some of the details certainly might have kind of done so.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: October 07, 2023, 11:54:11 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2023, 11:57:51 PM by Libertas Vel Mors »

2. It should be discussed and freely debated because its going to be a major policy discussion in Israel and the West over the following days. Israel cannot allow Hamas to freely exist in the Gaza Strip after this, and it cannot afford to permanently occupy the Gaza Strip. That lives only one realistic option, as I believe many already recognize.

Yeah I'm not the one cheering on murderers and savages.

What would you do if an enclave of cartel members (backed by 2 million people who enthusiastically supported the cartel members and molested the bodies of captured American women and American soldiers in the street) bombarded New York 24/7? Would you say "sorry, yeah, nothing the US can do"?

What if the US had given them everything they wanted re: their enclave, and even kicked Americans out of their homes to do so, but those cartel members still used that as an opportunity to spend the next two decades raiding the US, and then escalating their raids to the point of invading the US and slaughtering and raping Americans, under the demand the US give the entire Southwest back to Mexico? Would you still say the same thing?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #643 on: October 07, 2023, 11:56:52 PM »

What would that option be?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #644 on: October 07, 2023, 11:57:11 PM »

If 300 Israelis people are dead (the number is actually higher) that is 3 9/11s. Imagine if 9/11 wasn't just a plane attack though, but an invasion that also resulted in at least 1500 hostages and Americans being raped and murdered, including children, in their own homes. Can anyone who does not simply want the Israelis to give up and die tell me with a straight face that in that analogy America/Israel should just sit back and drop a couple of bombs and treat it like any other terrorist attack? If not, then what should Israel do? Should it occupy the equivalent of 80 million people forever, losing more of its own lives in the process to police people who think it not only okay but morally good to molest Israelis in the street?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #645 on: October 07, 2023, 11:58:41 PM »

you think ethnic cleansing of the Gaza Strip is going to be a "major policy discussion in Israel and the West over the following days"??

You are literally a sociopath
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #646 on: October 07, 2023, 11:59:17 PM »

What if the US had given them everything they wanted re: their enclave, and even kicked Americans out of their homes to do so, but those cartel members still used that as an opportunity to spend the next two decades raiding the US, and then escalating their raids to the point of invading the US and slaughtering and raping Americans, under the demand the US give the entire Southwest back to Mexico? Would you still say the same thing?
I'm sorry, are we in a universe where the blockade of Gaza and the occupation of and settlement-building in the West Bank ended?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: October 07, 2023, 11:59:54 PM »

you think ethnic cleansing of the Gaza Strip is going to be a "major policy discussion in Israel and the West over the following days"??

It already is. I've seen US figures advocate for it and that's a member of Likud, not Ben-Gvir's party or whatever, calling for it. You don't understand what has just happened if you think this is just another terrorist attack.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #648 on: October 08, 2023, 12:00:27 AM »

It already is a major policy discussion in Israel.

Not that this forum should tolerate such a feral mentality of course. It's time the mods send him the MATTROSE route.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #649 on: October 08, 2023, 12:00:31 AM »

Yeah I'm not the one cheering on murderers and savages.

What would you do if an enclave of cartel members (backed by 2 million people who enthusiastically supported the cartel members and molested the bodies of captured American women and American soldiers in the street) bombarded New York 24/7? Would you say "sorry, yeah, nothing the US can do"?

Well for starters, I wouldn't be supporting fücking genocide, unlike you.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 311  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies