Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 ... 329
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 237190 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7500 on: May 23, 2024, 07:49:45 AM »

I think Israel has stopped giving a f-k about the International Community other than the ones who already back them (chief of which the US, of course). Probably a wise move at this point.

And what happens when we get to the next generation of Democratic Party leadership that will inevitably become President after election 2028 or 2032 or 2036 which is considerably less pro-Israeli? Obama was hardly gung-ho Israel and Biden, Schumer et al are done in leadership before this decade ends due to aging out, and the likes of Gottheimer are never winning a presidential primary. That's the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket.

Fetterman, Torres, or Slotkin are far more likely to win a presidential primary than any Squad or Squad-adjacent candidates.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #7501 on: May 23, 2024, 07:53:42 AM »

I think Israel has stopped giving a f-k about the International Community other than the ones who already back them (chief of which the US, of course). Probably a wise move at this point.

And what happens when we get to the next generation of Democratic Party leadership that will inevitably become President after election 2028 or 2032 or 2036 which is considerably less pro-Israeli? Obama was hardly gung-ho Israel and Biden, Schumer et al are done in leadership before this decade ends due to aging out, and the likes of Gottheimer are never winning a presidential primary. That's the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket.

Fetterman, Torres, or Slotkin are far more likely to win a presidential primary than any Squad or Squad-adjacent candidates.

I would laugh my ass off if Fetterman got anywhere close to winning a primary.

You don't have to be a Squad or Squad-adjacent candidate and still not be super gung-ho Israel. Democrats are war hawks at the moment. They go back to being doves they're not going to be spreading out military aid everywhere and will have a more critical viewpoint of military operations conducted abroad.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #7502 on: May 23, 2024, 08:35:39 AM »

And what happens when we get to the next generation of Democratic Party leadership that will inevitably become President after election 2028 or 2032 or 2036 which is considerably less pro-Israeli? Obama which reflects the next generation was hardly gung-ho Israel. Biden, Schumer et al are done in leadership before this decade ends due to aging out, and diehard hawks the likes of Gottheimer are never winning an open presidential primary. That's the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket.

Well they are probably gambling that the next generation of democrats will still be nominally pro Israel at the very least. Even Obama that you used as example is still more pro Israel than anti Israel. I honestly can't even think of a potential 2028 democratic nominee who is anti or even neutral on Israel/Palestine and has a chance of being nominated.

And anyway, what other choice does Israel have at this point? They simply can't beat the Hamas PR wing.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #7503 on: May 23, 2024, 09:17:19 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 09:27:40 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

And what happens when we get to the next generation of Democratic Party leadership that will inevitably become President after election 2028 or 2032 or 2036 which is considerably less pro-Israeli? Obama which reflects the next generation was hardly gung-ho Israel. Biden, Schumer et al are done in leadership before this decade ends due to aging out, and diehard hawks the likes of Gottheimer are never winning an open presidential primary. That's the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket.

Well they are probably gambling that the next generation of democrats will still be nominally pro Israel at the very least. Even Obama that you used as example is still more pro Israel than anti Israel. I honestly can't even think of a potential 2028 democratic nominee who is anti or even neutral on Israel/Palestine and has a chance of being nominated.

Jews as a large enough demographic to be of significance are only in the northeast, Florida, and some large cities. The next group that really care about it are white Protestant Christians of a certain variety that are overwhelmingly Republicans. Your black Protestant Christians view religion with more a liberation philosophy focus, which is understandably pro-Palestine more than pro-Israel. Military types that believe in order are not really Democrats. Democrats have harped on their multiethnic coalition as the future when support for Israel is clearly more white than nonwhite. The Israel stance inside the party is clearly to me driven by "old Democrats" that are not reflective of what the party will look like in 10 years. If in 2034 that is not the case, you can come on here and tell me I'm wrong. I'm just making my observations of the crrent and making an educated guess what I think the future is.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #7504 on: May 23, 2024, 09:30:34 AM »

The most moral army in the world.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7505 on: May 23, 2024, 09:43:17 AM »

When committing war crimes, be sure to document it!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7506 on: May 23, 2024, 10:07:37 AM »

Hilarious that “right-wing Belgian forums” are the standard of objectivity by which he judges us too. Sorry that this forum is more pro-Israel than some neo-Nazi message board??
Especially considering he once posted a Partisangirl tweet that he found there! I repeat, Partisangirl.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7507 on: May 23, 2024, 10:08:26 AM »

Jews as a large enough demographic to be of significance are only in the northeast, Florida, and some large cities. The next group that really care about it are white Protestant Christians of a certain variety that are overwhelmingly Republicans. Your black Protestant Christians view religion with more a liberation philosophy focus, which is understandably pro-Palestine more than pro-Israel. Military types that believe in order are not really Democrats. Democrats have harped on their multiethnic coalition as the future when support for Israel is clearly more white than nonwhite. The Israel stance inside the party is clearly to me driven by "old Democrats" that are not reflective of what the party will look like in 10 years. If in 2034 that is not the case, you can come on here and tell me I'm wrong. I'm just making my observations of the crrent and making an educated guess what I think the future is.

The problem with this analysis is simply expecting that the fallout for Democrats is only with Jews. It won't be, a lot of Asians are very much against the leftism that supports equality of outcomes and all the communist nonsense you see coming from Palestine protestors. A lot of Hispanics identify as "moderate" or "conservative" and you have these voters leaving the party already. It would be one thing if these protestors were waiving American flags but they ummm are not. What I am saying is if the Dems look like the squad and anti-Semitic mobs, the beneficiaries will not be very liberal Dems, but moderate to conservative Republicans.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7508 on: May 23, 2024, 10:49:45 AM »

Putting all your eggs in the US basket is surely a hostage to fortune though.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #7509 on: May 23, 2024, 11:20:54 AM »

Putting all your eggs in the US basket is surely a hostage to fortune though.

Not just the US. More like the Anglosphere + the EU. The US, UK, Australia and Canada are unlikely to ever become too anti-Israel. And then you have Germany, Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic who would veto any EU bill that is too antagonistic to Israel. That's about half of the global economy right there. Israel will be fine. Oh and there's also India which is pretty pro-Israel too ( well, the 1 billion or so Hindus living there anyway).

The rest of the so called "Global South" is a lost cause for Israel. There's nothing they can do to be popular with some of those countries short of ceasing to exist.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7510 on: May 23, 2024, 11:24:58 AM »

True the global south was always a lost cause, unless israel destroyed itself it would never be liked by these countries.

I think israel should at least make sure relations with very influencal countries are kept intact and try to repair relations with minor european countries when a more pro-israel government is voted in.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7511 on: May 23, 2024, 11:33:34 AM »

Clearly the only people in the world who have a problem with Israel’s conduct are pro-Hamas or something 🙄
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #7512 on: May 23, 2024, 01:21:34 PM »

Israelis don't give a crap because they've never faced any consequences and they never will until the United States elects a leader that doesn't suck. Unfortunately, the two candidates running are by far the worst possible candidates for each party, so again, why should Israel care? They can be the favorite country of every sociopath who enjoys dead Muslims, while facing no repercussions for bombing cities and destroying culture for at least the next four years.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7513 on: May 23, 2024, 01:32:53 PM »

Israelis don't give a crap because they've never faced any consequences and they never will until the United States elects a leader that doesn't suck. Unfortunately, the two candidates running are by far the worst possible candidates for each party, so again, why should Israel care? They can be the favorite country of every sociopath who enjoys dead Muslims, while facing no repercussions for bombing cities and destroying culture for at least the next four years.

Not to nitpick but Haley was unquestionably worse on foreign policy and probably on domestic stuff too. But other than that I completely agree. Israeli society has been very pampered.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #7514 on: May 23, 2024, 02:41:11 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 02:52:42 PM by Open Source Intelligence »

True the global south was always a lost cause, unless israel destroyed itself it would never be liked by these countries.

I think israel should at least make sure relations with very influencal countries are kept intact and try to repair relations with minor european countries when a more pro-israel government is voted in.

I feel like we're on the verge of a major globalized conflict, before 2030. Too much sh*t going on in the world. Gaza, Ukraine, Artsakh and Hong Kong should both be considered as events that changed the status quo relatively recently, you have major wars in Ethiopia and Sudan no one pays attention to, Syria and Libya still aren't back to real consolidated states yet, just read a rumor China are set to invade Taiwan in June. This tiny incredibly nothing rebel group in Yemen has destroyed Red Sea shipping, we're spending millions of dollars to shoot down thousands of dollars rockets, and shippers are now have to go around Cape Town. Leader of government in Slovakia almost assassinated. Heir apparent in Iran dies in a helicopter crash. Whoever wins the U.S. election in November will be incredibly old and could easily not live until 2029. We're in pretty open trade war at the moment and both Biden and Trump are America First protectionists that want to emulate Chinese mercantilism and for a President that is worried about climate change he instituted a 102.5% tariff on electric vehicles. Those policies will definitely be getting globalized and that is going to have effects, American jobs might go up 5% in exchange for costs we pay going up 10+%. Meanwhile our country is so financially healthy we're generating a trillion dollars of debt every 100 days. Neither presidential candidate cares. And markets telling you how they're run by geniuses think everything revolves around rate cuts. None of this other sh*t will have any effect on the economy.

If that occurs whoever wins the war will be who sets how the world runs in the next era. The U.S. will be fine in North America. The Europeans aren't built for war at the moment. You can't snap your fingers and turn on military procurement as we're learning in Ukraine. You can't snap your fingers and draft all your 19-year-olds making them capable fighters, let alone if those 19-year-olds even want to be drafted. So what is our allies' plans to deal with all this? Libya more than a decade ago was a completely European responsibility and they couldn't even handle that, they had to call Obama to do it. The U.S. could be required to defend Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Israel, Ukraine, most of the rest of Europe, the Saudis and friends in the Arabian Peninsula, the Philippines, Guyana, anyone else?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7515 on: May 23, 2024, 02:48:34 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 02:55:33 PM by Silent Hunter »

Israelis don't give a crap because they've never faced any consequences.

That's a rather broad statement for several million people. Quite a few Israelis definitely faced consequences for Israel's actions before they migrated there and whenever they mention they're Israeli.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7516 on: May 23, 2024, 03:35:46 PM »

https://www.archpaper.com/2024/05/benjamin-netanyahu-unveils-regional-plan-free-trade-zone-rail-service-neom#google_vignette

Bibi has proposed a peace plan.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7517 on: May 23, 2024, 03:57:12 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 04:03:22 PM by Chancellor Tanterterg »

Is this real?  This is a joke, right?  They can’t possibly be this deranged?
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7518 on: May 23, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »

This plan could only work in a magical land where suddenly the entire middle east decided to love Israel, This plan at it fundamental is pretty good I like it but well it complete wishful thinking and need to be remade from the ground up because no-way in hell are the Palestinians or Any middle eastern country going to work with Israel when this war end.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7519 on: May 23, 2024, 04:17:31 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 04:20:43 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

True the global south was always a lost cause......

(alamy.com stock image)

Losing My New Jewish Friend

https://www.instagram.com/yadro.greenscreen/reel/C3VUtsytUx_/
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #7520 on: May 23, 2024, 04:27:07 PM »

Wow. GERMANY out of all places has come out to say it WILL abide to the ICC ruling and JAIL Netanyahu if he ever sets foot in Germany.

Huge defeat.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7521 on: May 23, 2024, 04:28:28 PM »

Oops i forgot Australia and new Zealand but come on when i am talking about the global south you know my not talking about Australia and new Zealand so The only allies israel have in the global south is probably what? Australia and new Zealand which are culturally globally north and Argentina so the global south still a quite lost cause.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #7522 on: May 23, 2024, 05:23:45 PM »

Israelis don't give a crap because they've never faced any consequences.

That's a rather broad statement for several million people. Quite a few Israelis definitely faced consequences for Israel's actions before they migrated there and whenever they mention they're Israeli.

Hamas launched an attack and ordinary Palestinians are paying the price. Netanyahu and the Israeli political establishment stirred up conflict for decades prior for short term political benefit and ordinary people who lived near the border paid the price. As international opinion turns against Israel it won't be the decisionmakers at the top of the IDF who will be the first to bear the consequences but ordinary diaspora Jews, even people totally unrelated to Israel, because they're the easiest targets.

That's the whole trouble with ethnoreligious conflicts, the people who cause problems are rarely if ever the ones who pay the price because they're powerful, instead the most powerless people from their tribe are punished instead.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #7523 on: May 23, 2024, 05:49:09 PM »

This is toilet paper.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7524 on: May 23, 2024, 06:03:41 PM »

Wow. GERMANY out of all places has come out to say it WILL abide to the ICC ruling and JAIL Netanyahu if he ever sets foot in Germany.

Huge defeat.

In many ways Germany has been even more submissive towards Israel than America, so this is quite surprising.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 ... 329  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies