Least favorite member?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:17:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Least favorite member?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Least favorite member?  (Read 11664 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2004, 09:18:53 PM »

Agreed.  The current worst.  

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2004, 09:42:35 PM »

wow, I'm definately shocked!

You can tell how low a Republican is when even opebo dislikes him!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 09:43:46 PM »

wow, I'm definately shocked!

You can tell how low a Republican is when even opebo dislikes him!

I dislike people based on rudeness, ad hominem attacks, etc.. not ideology.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 10:20:41 PM »

I won't say who my least favorite poster is, because it's not really necessary.

I second this idea.  Actually, I really don't have a least favorite poster; I think it's better to focus on the positive.  There are a number of people I like based upon their posts.  This is a pretty civil forum and generally doesn't include personal attacks and conflicts, and I hope it stays that way.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2004, 03:10:26 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2004, 03:25:21 AM by Handzus26 »

Democrats: Boss Tweed
Republican: agcat, TeenGOP(SON)

Sub-category- Most vicious disagreements: Keystone Phil

Why son, am I your least favorite member? Is it because I am one of the only people on here who has not gotten angry with your ridiculous, baseless comments? Is it because I respond with facts when you make one of those famous comments that is apropos to your sub-Neanderthal personality? Son, I do get angry with you, however, when youmake negative comments towards Melissa Brown when those comments  are unfounded and untrue. You call her a racist because of her attack on Section 8 -- is section 8 not a problem?  Yes. Are only blacks on section 8? No, there are whites as well. Melissa DID pick up on section 8 because the people in NE philly fear it. They do not fear it because of the blacks, they fear it because it brings crime to where it goes, it brings property value down and it is usually given to people who do not work for it. That is why Melissa Brown picked up this issue. Melissa Brown is a medical professional, we have a medical crisis. Who do you want deciding the fate of the health care crisis in this country? Allyson Schwartz (no medical experience) or Dr. Melissa Brown, MD. Melissa was also an educator. Who would you rather deal with education problems? Allyson Schwartz (no education experience) or former college professor, Melissa Brown? Melissa Brow is a former small business owner, no, not an owner of the insurance company that her HUSBAND ran, NOT her... Melissa owned and operated successful medical practices. She knows how to create jobs. Who would you rather working to create jobs? small business owner, Melissa Brown or Allyson Schwartz (no small business experience)

You are a male but I've got news for ya... Allyson does not care for males. On her website, she clearly states  "Schwartz's legislative accomplishments on behalf of women and families are nationally recognized. " What has she done for men? I am glad shes working for families but why just women instead of men and women?

Allyson is a career politician with no real life experience.

Melissa Brown is giving up a lot of money and a cushy private life to go to congress and fix section 8, create jobs, and fix the education and health care problems. Allyson Schwartz says she will do that too but she has already had the chance to do that in the legislature and has not. Melissa Brown will win, make no mistake. She is the best candidate for this job and I pray to God that this pro partial birth abortion feminist named Allyson Schwartz is kicked out of politics forever!

I believe SON, that I've come up with some very good facts about how the tax breaks REALLY work.  They're not benefiting most people from the Northeast in aggregate terms.  I think I've already stated my case and I don't feel I have to repeat myself.  I feel Melissa Brown will do just about anything to get elected.  I am fully aware of people on Section 8 being both black and white.  However, I am also fully aware of Melissa Brown's motive for bring ing it up and I need not say it.  I must also add that she has accused Joe Hoeffel of falsely sexually harrasing her in 2002 and tried to race bait him as being buddies with Street.  Yeah, there are even Republicans that are too (see Brian O'Neill and Jack Kelly).  As for "fixing" the health care syatem her only proposal is to put caps on malpractice claims at $250,000.  She has not even touched base with the insurance companies, but hey, they're paying Melissa Brown, aren't they?  Allyson Schwartz has a plan for a true Patients' Bill of Rights.  Allyson Schwartz has also got the CHIP program through that gives health insurance to kids.  Melissa Brown is in fact doing more IMO to attack the patients.  Conclusion: MELISSA BROWN IS DIVISIVE POND SCUM AND SHALL NOT BE ELECTED!!!!

As for you my friend, you are a belittling son of a bitch who parrots everything the GOP says as gold.  You talk to me and the other posters like we're sh**t and you act as if we don't know anything.  Other than Section 8 and her health care "reform" (IMO it's BS), Melissa Brown has done nothing to parrot Bush and say how much his destructive polices are good for us.  I must also add SON, that this is your only post today and hasn't been for a while.  This is also considering the fact that I mentioned your name as leat favorite.  You and Keystone Phil have both treid to rail me into thinking a vote for Allyson Schwartz is one where I must be against the quality of life in the Northeast or you now further insult me by saying I'm not MAN enough.  I too am for Section 8 REFORM, but I do not feel Melissa Brown can really do anymore than what has been done.  Whoever the Republican nominee was in 2002 would have harped on this issue anyway to score points in the Northeast.  Melissa Brown does not have intimate knowledge of the Northeast like you are trying to have me believe.  I think she probably got a tip leaked to her from John Perzel, et al.  Can you clowns come up with anything better?              
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2004, 06:35:52 AM »

I tend to ignore the ones I dislike.

I'll happily read posts by supersoulty, even though I dont always agree with him, but I very really listen to some of the people on 'my side' who I strongly dislike and who will remain anonymous.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2004, 08:33:26 AM »

Do trolls count?
Any or all of the trolls for me.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2004, 10:08:16 AM »

Jesus, and any one who is... too religious in my books, plus the trolls.

Siege
TeenGOP
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2004, 11:00:22 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2004, 04:13:34 PM by TeenGOP »

Democrats: Boss Tweed
Republican: agcat, TeenGOP(SON)

Sub-category- Most vicious disagreements: Keystone Phil

Why son, am I your least favorite member? Is it because I am one of the only people on here who has not gotten angry with your ridiculous, baseless comments? Is it because I respond with facts when you make one of those famous comments that is apropos to your sub-Neanderthal personality? Son, I do get angry with you, however, when youmake negative comments towards Melissa Brown when those comments  are unfounded and untrue. You call her a racist because of her attack on Section 8 -- is section 8 not a problem?  Yes. Are only blacks on section 8? No, there are whites as well. Melissa DID pick up on section 8 because the people in NE philly fear it. They do not fear it because of the blacks, they fear it because it brings crime to where it goes, it brings property value down and it is usually given to people who do not work for it. That is why Melissa Brown picked up this issue. Melissa Brown is a medical professional, we have a medical crisis. Who do you want deciding the fate of the health care crisis in this country? Allyson Schwartz (no medical experience) or Dr. Melissa Brown, MD. Melissa was also an educator. Who would you rather deal with education problems? Allyson Schwartz (no education experience) or former college professor, Melissa Brown? Melissa Brow is a former small business owner, no, not an owner of the insurance company that her HUSBAND ran, NOT her... Melissa owned and operated successful medical practices. She knows how to create jobs. Who would you rather working to create jobs? small business owner, Melissa Brown or Allyson Schwartz (no small business experience)

You are a male but I've got news for ya... Allyson does not care for males. On her website, she clearly states  "Schwartz's legislative accomplishments on behalf of women and families are nationally recognized. " What has she done for men? I am glad shes working for families but why just women instead of men and women?

Allyson is a career politician with no real life experience.

Melissa Brown is giving up a lot of money and a cushy private life to go to congress and fix section 8, create jobs, and fix the education and health care problems. Allyson Schwartz says she will do that too but she has already had the chance to do that in the legislature and has not. Melissa Brown will win, make no mistake. She is the best candidate for this job and I pray to God that this pro partial birth abortion feminist named Allyson Schwartz is kicked out of politics forever!

I believe SON, that I've come up with some very good facts about how the tax breaks REALLY work.  They're not benefiting most people from the Northeast in aggregate terms.  I think I've already stated my case and I don't feel I have to repeat myself.  I feel Melissa Brown will do just about anything to get elected.  I am fully aware of people on Section 8 being both black and white.  However, I am also fully aware of Melissa Brown's motive for bring ing it up and I need not say it.  I must also add that she has accused Joe Hoeffel of falsely sexually harrasing her in 2002 and tried to race bait him as being buddies with Street.  Yeah, there are even Republicans that are too (see Brian O'Neill and Jack Kelly).  As for "fixing" the health care syatem her only proposal is to put caps on malpractice claims at $250,000.  She has not even touched base with the insurance companies, but hey, they're paying Melissa Brown, aren't they?  Allyson Schwartz has a plan for a true Patients' Bill of Rights.  Allyson Schwartz has also got the CHIP program through that gives health insurance to kids.  Melissa Brown is in fact doing more IMO to attack the patients.  Conclusion: MELISSA BROWN IS DIVISIVE POND SCUM AND SHALL NOT BE ELECTED!!!!

As for you my friend, you are a belittling son of a bitch who parrots everything the GOP says as gold.  You talk to me and the other posters like we're sh**t and you act as if we don't know anything.  Other than Section 8 and her health care "reform" (IMO it's BS), Melissa Brown has done nothing to parrot Bush and say how much his destructive polices are good for us.  I must also add SON, that this is your only post today and hasn't been for a while.  This is also considering the fact that I mentioned your name as leat favorite.  You and Keystone Phil have both treid to rail me into thinking a vote for Allyson Schwartz is one where I must be against the quality of life in the Northeast or you now further insult me by saying I'm not MAN enough.  I too am for Section 8 REFORM, but I do not feel Melissa Brown can really do anymore than what has been done.  Whoever the Republican nominee was in 2002 would have harped on this issue anyway to score points in the Northeast.  Melissa Brown does not have intimate knowledge of the Northeast like you are trying to have me believe.  I think she probably got a tip leaked to her from John Perzel, et al.  Can you clowns come up with anything better?              

Well son, as usual, you are wrong on everything you had said.
1. I do not talk down on everyone on this board. I dont know how you could think that as you are the only person I have ever responded to on this board. (PS how can I talk down to everyone on this board when I very seldom post?)
2. I am not a GOP poaster board, if I was, I would not be supporting melissa brown, a pro-choicer. Denny O'Brien, an anti-caper. I would also not be supporting the GOP stance on background checks for guns.
3. Joe Hoeffel DID mention sexist comments towards Melissa. And by the way, Melissa did not call those comments sexist until AFTER several newspapers did.
4. Melissa Brown has not spoken to insurance companies?! are you kidding me? Shes a DOCTOR, she talks to insurance companies daily.
5. Look at Allyson's Patients Bill of Rights and compare it to Melissa's. They are exactly the same, the only difference is that Melissa's was written first - by a doctor (melissa)
6. Again, Melissa is a DOCTOR, IF capping damages was her only proposal for fixing the MedMal problems, then I would trust it more than anything Ally says as melissa is a DOCTOR and knows the problem better than NON DOCTOR SCHWARTZ! But that is not melissa's only proposal - look at her website.
7. No, I dont think all of the other poasters "dont know anything" - only you as you have yet to put a fact on this board.
8. How did melissa race bate? She put a picture of Hoeffel and Street together on a flyer. Is that race bating? Do you mean to tell me that the folks in the northeast would like Street if the only difference was his skin color? Give me a break you idiot!

bye bye, son
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2004, 11:14:28 AM »

I don't like the trolls (nomorelies, Alfie, etc.)

But the real poster I find most bothersome is Wakie.  I just think he's really arrogant and stubborn.

I love you too Johnny.  Smiley  If it makes you feel better I find you arrogant and stubborn too.  But I don't dislike you because you do raise good points from time to time.

The guy who bothers me most is jmfcst.  He raises some good points but I find him to be highly hypocritical.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2004, 04:13:06 PM »

TeenGOP,

Typical Republican response saying nothing I post is fact based.  I think I have posted MUCH more facts than you on this forum to the point I practically regurgitated the Internal Revenue Code with interpretation on hwo it applies.  Everything you are saying is Melissa Brown style get out the vote rhetoric such as Section 8 and malpractice and how she's a business owner and an educator.  She is highly qualitifed for almost any job, but that does not mean I like her or her views.  

Through this campaign, Allyson Schwartz has kept the high ground while Melissa Brown continues to deceive and flip-flop.  She is criticizing the city for closing rec centers and fire houses yet wants taxes reduced.  She is also a proponent of the Bush tax cuts and as you may know they're leaving huge deficits.  The question of the day is HOW IS ALL OF THIS GOING TO BE PAID??  The pay-to-play thing with Street and his brothas and sistas pales  in comparison on how many services will have to be cut via the Bush tax cut.  Melissa Brown has not really addressed these issues despite the fact she is so "highly educated."      
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2004, 04:18:41 PM »

Melissa Brown has not really addressed these issues despite the fact she is so "highly educated."      

Handzus, if she hasn't addressed the issues, why do people in the NE really like her as a candidate? The thing is, she does address the issues and does it well. Northeast Philadelphians are going to go for Brown over Schwartz.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2004, 05:10:13 PM »

Melissa Brown has not really addressed these issues despite the fact she is so "highly educated."      

Handzus, if she hasn't addressed the issues, why do people in the NE really like her as a candidate? The thing is, she does address the issues and does it well. Northeast Philadelphians are going to go for Brown over Schwartz.

I think people are also taking notice to her dirty campaign tactics and her potential Bush/DeLay rubber stamping.  Not something I or a lot of NE Philadelphians are too high about.  Why do you think 13,000 people came out for Torsella and 10,000 came out for Schwartz in NE Philly in a relatively dwarfed Democratic primary featuring Specter and Toomey on the Republican side?  This is considering Brown got what 7,500 votes to Taubenberger's 7,000.  PLEASE!! I don't think Torsella people will be overly enthusiastic about Brown other than Section 8.  I'm just telling you because I voted from him and all things considered I'm going Schwartz.  I know it bothers you a person affected by Section 8 is going against Brown, but I think outside the box buddy!
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2004, 06:19:52 PM »

I don't like the trolls (nomorelies, Alfie, etc.)

But the real poster I find most bothersome is Wakie.  I just think he's really arrogant and stubborn.

I love you too Johnny.  Smiley  If it makes you feel better I find you arrogant and stubborn too.  But I don't dislike you because you do raise good points from time to time.

The guy who bothers me most is jmfcst.  He raises some good points but I find him to be highly hypocritical.

If its any consolation, I probably wouldn't be so bothered if you weren't as smart as you are.

Its the people who can back their attitude up that get to me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2004, 07:10:06 PM »

I know it bothers you a person affected by Section 8 is going against Brown, but I think outside the box buddy!

If you're supporting Schwartz, you can't be thinking that much Tongue Seriously, Handzus...Brown will be picking up a good amount of Torsella supporters. NE Philly Dems and Montco Dems are totally different people. NE Dems like Brown and know her better than Schwartz. You might not like to see this seat slip away from the Dems but come November 2nd, PA13 will be in the GOP pickup column!
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2004, 07:15:05 PM »

I guess I should be upset socialists and scalawag Republicans don't like me... OOPS

hmm I don't really dislike many people even if they dislike me, though dumb people are annoying. And really, really young people that can't vote for another 5 years.

Least fav: Trondheim, followed by htmeldon or whatever his name is.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2004, 07:29:33 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2004, 07:31:28 PM by Handzus26 »

I know it bothers you a person affected by Section 8 is going against Brown, but I think outside the box buddy!

If you're supporting Schwartz, you can't be thinking that much Tongue Seriously, Handzus...Brown will be picking up a good amount of Torsella supporters. NE Philly Dems and Montco Dems are totally different people. NE Dems like Brown and know her better than Schwartz. You might not like to see this seat slip away from the Dems but come November 2nd, PA13 will be in the GOP pickup column!

I realize that NE Dems and Montco Dems are different people, NE being more socially conservative.  Here's one thing you don't realize.  BUSH.. BUSH.. BUSH!  I don't think Torsella supporters are too enthusiastic about giving Bush another stamp and I don't want.  Yeah, Brown will get SOME ticket splitters, but I'm guessing ballpark 10-15%.  You have also got to realize there is a large Russian Jewish population that will be out for Schwartz in droves and they are frequent voters.  As for the Irish-Italian-Polish population, it's still a swing vote.  You have also got to remember Torsella, an Italian Catholic, is backing Schwartz fully for they only have a few issues between them and I think people realize this hence, they voted on that April day.  This may help with the Irish/Italian/Polish demographic many of whom are union members many of whom are backing Schwartz.  Bush is not doing to well with labor as of late considering his wanting to roll back OT pay, etc. and Brown may make Northeast voters very uneasy on this issue.  Bush is also planning to cut back on federal jobs given the 2005 budget.  A plurality of Northeast voters are fed workers.  this is another factor.  When you get to be my age, you'll realize people's wallets will be their vote, not something RELATIVELY petty like Section 8.  That's the way I'm looking at it and I know a lot of NE voters fed up with Section 8 may hold on Brown.  DEM hold!      
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2004, 07:34:50 PM »

When you get to be my age, you'll realize people's wallets will be their vote, not something RELATIVELY petty like Section 8.  

Relatively petty? Handzus, I'm sorry. I respect (when you're not going crazy) you and your opinions (I might not agree with them but I am respectful) but saying Section 8 is relatively petty to the voters of the NE is really foolish on your part. You don't know the voters up here well if you're going to make a comment like that. I know people in Mayfair and Section 8 is the big issue there...definetley not petty.
zachman

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2004, 07:40:39 PM »

My least favorite would have to be MarkDel followed by Opebo.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2004, 07:55:12 PM »

And really, really young people that can't vote for another 5 years.

I love you, too.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2004, 08:37:51 PM »

When you get to be my age, you'll realize people's wallets will be their vote, not something RELATIVELY petty like Section 8.  

Relatively petty? Handzus, I'm sorry. I respect (when you're not going crazy) you and your opinions (I might not agree with them but I am respectful) but saying Section 8 is relatively petty to the voters of the NE is really foolish on your part. You don't know the voters up here well if you're going to make a comment like that. I know people in Mayfair and Section 8 is the big issue there...definetley not petty.

You missed the point of my post.  Notice how I said RELATIVELY.  Not saying it's an not an issue, but compared to one's job and how a candidate supports Bush is an issue.  As I have also stated before, it's up to the PHA to say how the program is run, the state to opt for funding, and the feds to fund it.  Whether or not Nancy Pelsoi or Tom DeLay is in Congress representing PA-13 is irrelevant to the state of Section 8 in Northeast Philadelphia.  Th GOP has a majority in both houses of Congress and the White House, why isn't the problem fixed?  What some people fail to realize is the Section 8 program has a TON of gray areas.  thusfar, Schwartz has not done anything potentially stupid.. Brown has!!  Remember, this is not Sam Katz for mayor, this is Melissa Brown for CONGRESS. Two completely different concepts you seem not to be able to fathom as well as I can.  Even so, Sam Katz ran a very good, non-negative campaign.  Same can't be said for Melissa Brown.    
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2004, 08:39:31 PM »

Oh, and btw let's take this to the PA13 thread.  We don't want to go off topic here.  Agreed?
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2004, 12:44:41 AM »

I'm surprised I haven't been mentioned here yet.
M

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2004, 01:14:29 AM »

Trolls on general principle. Other than that, no one, really. I disagree with very many people's views; however, I like everyone here. It really is a nice forum, unlike some others I used to use *cough* shwi *cough*.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2004, 01:25:57 AM »

That's about enough out of you for one day, imbecile.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies