French Presidential Election; 2nd round thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:29:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Presidential Election; 2nd round thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Presidential Election; 2nd round thread  (Read 94142 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: May 03, 2007, 03:44:30 AM »

Anyone else who can give opinions on the outcome? I only saw some excerpts of it. Swedish media which is extremely partisan called it as a Royal victory but they're about as clueless as always.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »

Hmm...I'll say 54.6% for Sarkozy, 45.4% for Royal.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 04:21:07 PM »

So I wouldn't start telling me how I've never met anyone who happened to be French or insinuate that I'm clearly not worldly enough to engage in such a discussion.

Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

So I wouldn't start telling me how I've never met anyone who happened to be French or insinuate that I'm clearly not worldly enough to engage in such a discussion.

Tongue

Well, I don't know any personally (which was the question) but I have met and dealt with enough of them.  Tongue

I love continuing this conversation as I listen to one of my favorite songs - La Marseillaise.  Wink

It has never crossed your mind that big city people tend to be rude in every country and that Parisian behaviour reflects mainly that? (i.e. Peking, New York, Berlin, Stockholm are all in their respective countries known for the same thing)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 09:37:58 AM »

It has never crossed your mind that big city people tend to be rude in every country and that Parisian behaviour reflects mainly that? (i.e. Peking, New York, Berlin, Stockholm are all in their respective countries known for the same thing)

I understand that but I think that the French, overall, have quite an attitude. Like I said, I have dealt with the French outside of Paris.

I understand that but I think that the Americans, overall, have quite an attitude. Like I said, I have dealt with the Americans outside New York.

I understand that but I think that the Italians, overall, have quite an attitude. Like I said, I have dealt with the Italians outside Rome.

And you know what, Al? I know you think you are going to catch me being hypocritical but I honestly don't care if you really feel that way. You know as well as I do that the French have a very nasty disposition towards Americans.

You keep going after me over this because first you thought you'd get me by saying my problem was just with Parisians. When I complain about the French that can be from any other region of France, you mock me and try to use my words against me. Now I can't dislike the French unless they are from the capital city so you can simply blame it on where they are specifically from?

Think what you want about Americans and Italians. If they rub you the wrong way after your encounters with them, more power to you to say that they bother you.

And please stop this holier than thou business with this subject. I love how everyone jumps at the opportunity to say that I am that way yet refuse to admit when they act is such a way. You have your own personal prejudices, Al, and so does everyone that gave me a hard time on this subject. I'm not saying that these prejudices are a good thing but they are reality. When you have used stereotypes against Italians in the past in commentary about Italian politics, I didn't really care. Please act the same when dealing with me and my opinions of the French.

Maybe the French have a nasty disposition against Americans because they hate them. They probably have good reason to do it since they met that nasty cab driver in New York that one time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies