If Crimea had a fair referendum in 2014 what percent of the vote would joining Russia have recieved?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:14:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  If Crimea had a fair referendum in 2014 what percent of the vote would joining Russia have recieved?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
<30

30-40

40-50

50-60

60-70

>70

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: If Crimea had a fair referendum in 2014 what percent of the vote would joining Russia have recieved?  (Read 1114 times)
BigSerg
7sergi9

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2023, 12:59:10 PM »

Even by your own sources, you are more or less admitting indirectly that Donbas and Luhansk would NOT vote to be in Russia. And yet you support the genocide there…

Before Maiden? I have no problem admitting it, after that, it's pretty obvious that most wanted to integrate into Russia, especially after 8 years of war, where both sides were killing each other and propaganda was doing its job. You had giant screens in the streets of Donbass broadcasting how Poroshenko was literally advocating genocide.
See you can’t make this stuff up! Donbas and Luhansk should be free from Ukraine because Russian propaganda is working!

"See you can’t make this stuff up!"

“And we win together by means of peace! Because we have jobs, and they have not. We have pensions, and they have not. We have support of children and pensioners, they have not. Our children would go to kindergartens and schools, theirs would be sitting in cellars. Because they do not know anything how to do! That’s how we are going to win this war. Because wars are won in minds, and not on the combat fields! They do not know this, but I know. And I have your support, I need it very much in order we win this war without perished Ukrainians, without perished inhabitants of Odesa.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr0TUpyPOJg&t=3030s
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2023, 01:00:28 PM »

Obvious troll, says obvious nonsense. The 1991 referendum was not a question of joining Russia or not, it was a scam concocted by the Western puppet government in which there was no option to join Russia.
Which Ukrainian officials, exactly, were part of this ‘Western Puppet Government’? The Communist Party of Ukraine maintained a 3/4ths majority in the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR prior to and during the referendum in 1991. Kravchuk himself had been a member of the Communist Party of Ukraine since 1958. When during that time was a Western puppet regime installed?
And by which westerners? George H.W. Bush had made very clear his position on Ukrainian secession from the USSR - he was not a fan!

Wait what
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:00 PM »

Even by your own sources, you are more or less admitting indirectly that Donbas and Luhansk would NOT vote to be in Russia. And yet you support the genocide there…
Before Maiden? I have no problem admitting it, after that, it's pretty obvious that most wanted to integrate into Russia, especially after 8 years of war, where both sides were killing each other and propaganda was doing its job. You had giant screens in the streets of Donbass broadcasting how Poroshenko was literally advocating genocide.
See you can’t make this stuff up! Donbas and Luhansk should be free from Ukraine because Russian propaganda is working!

“And we win together by means of peace! Because we have jobs, and they have not. We have pensions, and they have not. We have support of children and pensioners, they have not. Our children would go to kindergartens and schools, theirs would be sitting in cellars. Because they do not know anything how to do! That’s how we are going to win this war. Because wars are won in minds, and not on the combat fields! They do not know this, but I know. And I have your support, I need it very much in order we win this war without perished Ukrainians, without perished inhabitants of Odesa.”

So you support unwarranted invasions, genocide, and brainwashing? Good to know, time to finish what Polk started! Better move to Guatemala!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:58 PM »

This Poroshenko quote is oft repeated in Russian propaganda, these people are very repetitive and unoriginal. It's pretty obvious to a reasonable observer Poroshenko is not calling for a mass killing of the population of the Donbas, he's making the case that the positive development of Ukraine in contrast with the ongoing conflict there will move the people of Donbas towards reconciliation with Kyiv.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2023, 01:03:23 PM »

So you support unwarranted invasions, genocide, and brainwashing? Good to know, time to finish what Polk started! Better move to Guatemala!

*running out of argument, proceeds to spout verbiage
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2023, 01:04:58 PM »

Obvious troll, says obvious nonsense. The 1991 referendum was not a question of joining Russia or not, it was a scam concocted by the Western puppet government in which there was no option to join Russia.
Which Ukrainian officials, exactly, were part of this ‘Western Puppet Government’? The Communist Party of Ukraine maintained a 3/4ths majority in the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR prior to and during the referendum in 1991. Kravchuk himself had been a member of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union since 1958. When during that time was a Western puppet regime installed?

And what would an "option to join Russia" even mean in this case? The referendum asked the public they supported the act of independence, it is very easy for one to simply say no.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2023, 01:05:58 PM »

This Poroshenko quote is oft repeated in Russian propaganda, these people are very repetitive and unoriginal. It's pretty obvious to a reasonable observer Poroshenko is not calling for a mass killing of the population of the Donbas, he's making the case that the positive development of Ukraine in contrast with the ongoing conflict there will move the people of Donbas towards reconciliation with Kyiv.

But he didn't mean that! *proceed to say that I have said that I advocate genocide, that I have wished death on others, that I lie, etc....
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »

I’m just using your own logic.
“As long as we brainwash and deport enough people after we invade, it’s okay!”
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2023, 01:07:28 PM »

But he didn't mean that! *proceed to say that I have said that I advocate genocide, that I have wished death on others, that I lie, etc....

I never said he didn't mean what he said. He very clearly did you're just the one lying about what's being said....

And yes you do all those things all the time, you are a liar and a genocide denier.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2023, 01:08:47 PM »

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2023, 01:11:08 PM »

I never said he didn't mean what he said. He very clearly did you're just the one lying about what's being said....

And yes you do all those things all the time, you are a liar and a genocide denier.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2023, 01:11:30 PM »

My bad...I am sorry.

Genocide advocate.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2023, 01:11:45 PM »

Do…do you not understand the difference between finding refuge and forced deportation?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »

It seems roughly 1/4 of Ukrainian refugees have found refuge in Russia. It would be interesting to see how they are doing. Both as individuals and as a group. Like what are they doing to survive, how are they coping with changing circumstances etc.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2023, 01:18:42 PM »

It seems roughly 1/4 of Ukrainian refugees have found refuge in Russia. It would be interesting to see how they are doing. Both as individuals and as a group. Like what are they doing to survive, how are they coping with changing circumstances etc.

In reality, this percentage is increasing rapidly. Ukrainian refugees in Europe are being deported because, unlike Russia, Ukraine has been in general mobilization for more than a year. On social media you can see how Ukrainians are complaining because they are receiving mandatory summonses. This means that they are calling as many civilians as they can to go to the front. In Russia, on the contrary, there has only been a partial mobilization and only of those enlisted in military service.

https://news.yahoo.com/categories-men-returned-ukraine-abroad-124900860.html
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2023, 01:27:53 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2023, 01:35:06 PM by Punxsutawney Phil »

In reality, this percentage is increasing rapidly. Ukrainian refugees in Europe are being deported because, unlike Russia, Ukraine has been in general mobilization for more than a year. On social media you can see how Ukrainians are complaining because they are receiving mandatory summonses. This means that they are calling as many civilians as they can to go to the front. In Russia, on the contrary, there has only been a partial mobilization and only of those enlisted in military service.
If Russia has a reputation as a place that does not conscript Ukrainians, that would meaningfully increase the percentage of those self-selecting for Russia (and this is also boosted by Putin's Russia having very liberal immigration policies). But there's also probably another angle to this. Someone who hates what Russia's policies towards Ukraine in the past eight years and still feels a need to leave probably is not headed for Russia unless they have no other realistically feasible options.
I'm also a bit surprised that more haven't just fled to Belarus.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2023, 03:53:30 PM »

If Russia has a reputation as a place that does not conscript Ukrainians, that would meaningfully increase the percentage of those self-selecting for Russia (and this is also boosted by Putin's Russia having very liberal immigration policies).

It does not. Of course Russia is conscripting Ukrainians - it considers them Russian! Only weird Western grifters pretend otherwise.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2023, 04:01:06 PM »

If Russia has a reputation as a place that does not conscript Ukrainians, that would meaningfully increase the percentage of those self-selecting for Russia (and this is also boosted by Putin's Russia having very liberal immigration policies).

It does not. Of course Russia is conscripting Ukrainians - it considers them Russian! Only weird Western grifters pretend otherwise.
In regards to conscription, I was referring to Ukrainians from outside of the 4 oblasts that Russia has claimed. Also, my wording did not concern itself with how things actually were as much as things were seen as being. The article BigSerg linked mentioned a Ukrainian official saying the enemy is spreading propaganda implying Ukraine is forcibly summoning large numbers of people who have fled back into Ukraine, in fact.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2023, 12:40:29 AM »

My guess is around 70% for Russia. Crimean Tatars would have voted against
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2023, 12:45:41 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2023, 02:00:45 PM by kelestian »

https://news.yahoo.com/categories-men-returned-ukraine-abroad-124900860.html

Isn't "mandatory summons abroad in social media" just one fake picture from Ireland?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2023, 06:19:10 AM »

That seems a bit high for me - local Ukrainians would surely have been significantly if not massively opposed. I do accept that Russians would have been overwhelmingly in favour.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2023, 08:51:24 AM »

A significant number of the "refugees" in Russia would more accurately be described as kidnap victims.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2023, 08:59:52 AM »

That seems a bit high for me - local Ukrainians would surely have been significantly if not massively opposed. I do accept that Russians would have been overwhelmingly in favour.

Some of self-identified Ukrainians would vote for Russia, for sure. Perhaps now they identify as Russians, fully. There is of course Ukrainian ethinc core, around 15-20 percent, who registered as Ukrainians after 2014 in population censuses.

Maybe like 60-70% pro-Russia, I can't see it go lower than 60%
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2023, 09:22:52 AM »

A significant number of the "refugees" in Russia would more accurately be described as kidnap victims.
A lot of them also evacuated through Russia after their towns were overrun by the Russian Army during the early days of the war, and from there to other countries.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies