Which of these groups votes the most Democratic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:49:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which of these groups votes the most Democratic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Roman Empire nerds

American Civil War nerds

World War II nerds

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Which of these groups votes the most Democratic?  (Read 704 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2023, 02:06:25 PM »

I'd guess it's not the Civil War nerds, at least.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 02:17:56 PM »

In terms of most Democratic: WWII Nerds > Civil War Nerds > Roman Empire Nerds
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 09:35:44 PM »

I'm something of a American Civil War nerd myself, and I'm still pretty liberal.

But of all these groups, WWII nerds would by far be the least Republican/most Democratic.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 10:23:03 AM »

WWII no question though Civil War enthusiasm seems to have gotten slightly more left-leaning then it used to be in recent years.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 10:26:31 PM »

From personal experiences, being a WW2 nerd means you are VERY likely to be either a communist or alt-right and it leans more to the latter it seems these days.
On the other hand, Roman Empire nerds are overall less extreme.

Voted Roman Empire.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »

Roman Empire, because it is far more in the past, so it intertwines less with current political ideology than WWII and the Civil War. Those two groups also have large groups of far/alt-right types in their ranks who skew Republican.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 02:28:34 PM »

WW2 nerds (of which I am one) are split between Wehraboos and tankies on the one hand, and strong anti-authoritarians on the other hand who celebrate the war as a great triumph against evil and tyranny. (I of course fall into the latter group). The latter group (including myself) also tends to stan FDR and Truman and generally votes Democratic. The SWS and DerScheisser subreddits are full of these types.

Civil War nerds are largely "Lost Cause" Southerners who think Robert E. Lee was the greatest general in the history of the world and (ironically) today vote overwhelmingly Republican. Although I have noticed online that this is somewhat changing, as more Zoomer Civil War nerds are unabashedly pro-Union and talk about how great Sherman and Grant were. Still, I think today they're the most conservative group overall. Still plenty of old fart Confederate LARPers kicking around to more than offset the younger group.

I know a bit less about Roman Empire nerds, but I imagine they are disproportionately types who talk about the superiority of "Western culture." Of course, I understand what people are saying about how it's farther in the past so it's easier for people to take a more removed/dispassionate view of it. But if I had to guess, I'd say it probably still attracts more Republicans overall than WW2 nerds (the few people on the alt-right fringe who will actually defend the Nazis think even the GOP isn't nearly far right enough, much like the tankies see the Democrats as not nearly far left enough), so I voted for the latter as the most Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies