LA-GOV (Mason-Dixon): Landry +16 in primary, Landry +13 in runoff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:06:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA-GOV (Mason-Dixon): Landry +16 in primary, Landry +13 in runoff
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-GOV (Mason-Dixon): Landry +16 in primary, Landry +13 in runoff  (Read 639 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2023, 05:52:38 PM »

Likely goes to a runoff and Wilson can certainly outperform Biden, but in the end I don't see how Democrats keep this one.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 05:54:22 PM »

I’m saying it now… with Biden likely to make Dobbs an issue, I wouldn’t be surprised if Louisiana voted 65 % R or something like that
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 06:38:46 PM »

It's a Runoff anyways for Dec
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 07:03:57 PM »

I’m saying it now… with Biden likely to make Dobbs an issue, I wouldn’t be surprised if Louisiana voted 65 % R or something like that

Actually, in this poll a majority of voters oppose the current abortion law in Louisiana (abortion is only allowed to save the mother’s life or if the fetus is non-viable) by a 53-41 margin. It’s just that abortion doesn’t rank nearly as high in importance as an issue in this state as in many other states (in this poll, it only ranked 7th in overall importance, compared to it being ranked 2nd in overall importance in the 2022 exit polls for national House races).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 07:08:58 PM »

Actually, in this poll a majority of voters oppose the current abortion law in Louisiana (abortion is only allowed to save the mother’s life or if the fetus is non-viable) by a 53-41 margin. It’s just that abortion doesn’t rank nearly as high in importance as an issue in this state as in many other states (in this poll, it only ranked 7th in overall importance, compared to it being ranked 2nd in overall importance in the 2022 exit polls for national House races).
Couldn't many of those people in the 53% in fact think the law isn't strict enough?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 07:26:07 PM »

Couldn't many of those people in the 53% in fact think the law isn't strict enough?

Not necessarily. According to Fox News’ voter analysis for the 2022 Senate race in Louisiana (where the incumbent Republican senator won with 62% of the vote), the electorate’s attitude toward abortion was as follows:

21% always legal
29% mostly legal
(50% net legal)
34% mostly illegal
16% always illegal
(50% net illegal)

The aforementioned numbers suggest that the number of people who oppose the current abortion law in LA as not being strict enough is likely a relatively small number compared to those who oppose it as being too strict.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 10:50:50 PM »

Mason-Dixon picked the about the right Number for Wilson with 24 % (he got 26 %) but obviously severly underestimated Landry + almost all of 15 % who were undecided did go to Landry.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies