Are You a DownWithTheLeft conservative?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:49:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are You a DownWithTheLeft conservative?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Are You a DownWithTheLeft conservative?  (Read 9672 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 12:02:55 AM »
« edited: April 28, 2007, 12:15:03 AM by Tik »

I'm not a conservative but this looked like fun. Edit: And oh, I hope it makes you uncomfortable that we don't disagree on a little less than half of these issues.

Strongly Agree
Agree
Neutral
Shut up shut up shut uuuup

1. It should not be the job of the government to provide health care to one citizen by taxing another.  However, it would be appropriate to allow small businesses to band together in AHP's to help lower their costs.
I do not think this in an optimal solution, as a confederation of businesses lording health care policy over their employees sounds too easily corruptible, but I do not think they shouldn't be allowed to, either. But your statement about not taxing one to pay for another is so loosely stated that it's not disagreeable.

2. While some welfare reform has been made, it is imperative to end the welfare state in America.  While welfare has helped some, it is abused by many and private charity is a much better solution.
Welfare should continue; welfare abuse should be dealt with accordingly.

3. Abortion rights are fallacy found no where in the constitution dreamed up by the left.  It is imperative that would protect every human life and treat it with dignity.
Outlawing abortion is ridiculous for a lot of reasons. You're allowed not to like abortion; do not have one or be intimately associated with anyone who disagrees. But shove your morality on others? No.

4. The United States need to stop supporting Israel so much, yet it needs to not take Palestines side either.  The conflict is not something the US shoudl involve itself in
I agree mostly, and believe the actions of our foreign policy should remain neutral. However, it is in our best interest to seek out true resolution in this matter. But we should end our staunch support of Israel, if not simply because it would the whole region less hostile to us.

5. It is ironic that affirmative action was created because of racism, considering it itself is racist.  Every student or potential employee should be looked on an even playing field.
Agreed. "Positive" racism is still racism.

6. Capital punishment is immoral, and lacks any power of deterrence.
Where's the justice, I ask you? THE JUSTICE?

7. Unions are incredibly detrimental to America and many government unions raise taxes on Americans.
Employees are at least as important as their employers. What happened to being such a fan of level playing fields? Maybe there should be more restriction, but getting rid of them is, again, ridiculous.

8. It is important that the interests of the United States are hold first and foremost
It should be obvious by my previous statement about US interest that I do agree. But mostly I just abhor government waste on wars while domestic issues are covered up or ignored. It's disgusting.

9. While gays and lesbians should not be stoned in the streets, it is ridiculous to afford them the institution of marriage when marriage is between a man and a woman.
Marriage is.. whatever two people believe it is. Perhaps we could agree on this: the government should stop recognizing "marriage" as a legal concept and instead call them all "civil unions." This affords the same rights and whatnot for straight and gay couples, but the term "marriage" (which has ALWAYS had a strictly religious definition culture to culture) would remain religion's bitch.

10. The Soviet Union was an evil society and it is incredibly important that they were stopped before they were able to take over America
Evil 'society' huh? Well their government was hostile, and so were we. It was a wonderful distraction inside of both countries for the leaders. But to call the society evil is silly.

11. Globalization is important for the economy and thinks like free trade and outsourcing should not be restricted.
The outsourcing kind of globalization? OMG ITS GR8! ^^

12. Torture is acceptable if it protects national security.
I'll let you restate that after I finish attaching these electrodes to your testicles. Don't give me that look, I'M the good guy!

13. The "war on drugs" wastes vast government resources that could better be used elsewhere.
Not much to say when I agree completely.

14. Social spending should be cut drastically starting with the end of welfare and privitizatin of SS
Reform.

15. Undocumented workers should be put on the next bus back to Mexico.
Well, it is the law.

16. The federal minimum wage destroys more jobs than it creates and should be abolished or set to an incredibly low amount
There hasn't been any great detriment to the economy since its institution that it caused. Chances are that you had good opportunities for higher education and haven't seen much of the other side of the aisle, so security in being sufficiently paid isn't a huge worry to you. For unskilled manual labour, the minimum wage isn't sufficient. If you have people being paid even less, all you will do is create more angry poor people who will throw things at your office windows.

17. Income tax rates on the top 10 percent and everyone are far too high due to wasteful spending and unnecessary government programs.  Taxes should be cut along with lower spending.
Lower spending before tax cuts.

18. Military force should be used to blow the hell out of other nations who are a threat
yah cuz explosions are cool to watch on the tee vee! only the bad brown people are gettin killed.

19. Man-made Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by liberals to try and make a political issue
Right, liberals made up global warming because they needed a political issue. This is the sort of thing liberals do. George Soros is shelling out billions of dollars to crooked scientists all over the world who are churning out these misleading reports. It's just like the moon landing! Everyone knows aliens recorded it all in Area 51 during an elaborate MK Ultra experiment perpetrated by Free Masons who started the United Nations and then...

20. Our present leadership is protecting American interests aboard and should be given a thumps up
They may have deluded themselves into thinking they have done a tremendous service for the future of our country, but even if you believe it you're still deluded.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 09:33:38 AM »

Well are you?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:58 AM »

1. It should not be the job of the government to provide health care to one citizen by taxing another.  However, it would be appropriate to allow small businesses to band together in AHP's to help lower their costs.
Disagree

2. While some welfare reform has been made, it is imperative to end the welfare state in America.  While welfare has helped some, it is abused by many and private charity is a much better solution.
Disagree to an extent.

3. Abortion rights are fallacy found no where in the constitution dreamed up by the left.  It is imperative that would protect every human life and treat it with dignity.
Strongly disagree

4. The United States need to stop supporting Israel so much, yet it needs to not take Palestines side either.  The conflict is not something the US shoudl involve itself in
Disagree

5. It is ironic that affirmative action was created because of racism, considering it itself is racist.  Every student or potential employee should be looked on an even playing field.
Neutral

Disagree, should be used for important crimes against the state.

7. Unions are incredibly detrimental to America and many government unions raise taxes on Americans.
Disagree, although some union members need to work more and whine less

8. It is important that the interests of the United States are hold first and foremost
Strongly disagree. There's a world beyond the USA you know?

9. While gays and lesbians should not be stoned in the streets, it is ridiculous to afford them the institution of marriage when marriage is between a man and a woman.
Disagree.

10. The Soviet Union was an evil society and it is incredibly important that they were stopped before they were able to take over America
Disagree. OK they were "evil" because they were commies but they weren't going to take over America.

11. Globalization is important for the economy and thinks like free trade and outsourcing should not be restricted.
Agree

Disagree to some extent. I'm ok with torturing terrorists...

13. The "war on drugs" wastes vast government resources that could better be used elsewhere.
Disagree

14. Social spending should be cut drastically starting with the end of welfare and privitizatin of SS
Disagree. Healthcare in the US is terrible

Disagree to some extent

16. The federal minimum wage destroys more jobs than it creates and should be abolished or set to an incredibly low amount
Strongly Disagree

17. Income tax rates on the top 10 percent and everyone are far too high due to wasteful spending and unnecessary government programs.  Taxes should be cut along with lower spending.
Disagree to some extent

18. Military force should be used to blow the hell out of other nations who are a threat
Disagree

19. Man-made Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by liberals to try and make a political issue
What the hell are you smoking? Strongly, strongly, strongly disagree

20. Our present leadership is protecting American interests aboard and should be given a thumps up
What the hell are you smoking? Strongly, strongly, strongly disagree. Like Lewis, a thumps up... their assholes!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »

Disagree
Those three answers really surprise me
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 10:51:31 AM »

No, I'm not insane.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 10:55:11 AM »

Disagreement does not equal insanity
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 10:55:31 AM »

Disagree

Why?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »

Disagree

Why?
I always thought you were a person who would oppose on the death penalty saying it was barbaric, and I thought the same for torture.  The War on Drugs just surprises because I don't if I've ever met a person who thinks the War on Drugs is successful
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 11:16:21 AM »

Let me update this:

1. It should not be the job of the government to provide health care to one citizen by taxing another.  However, it would be appropriate to allow small businesses to band together in AHP's to help lower their costs. OKAY

2. While some welfare reform has been made, it is imperative to end the welfare state in America.  While welfare has helped some, it is abused by many and private charity is a much better solution. AGREE

3. Abortion rights are fallacy found no where in the constitution dreamed up by the left.  It is imperative that would protect every human life and treat it with dignity. DISAGREE

4. The United States need to stop supporting Israel so much, yet it needs to not take Palestines side either.  The conflict is not something the US shoudl involve itself in. OKAY

5. It is ironic that affirmative action was created because of racism, considering it itself is racist.  Every student or potential employee should be looked on an even playing field. AGREE

6. Capital punishment is immoral, and lacks any power of deterrence. DISAGREE

7. Unions are incredibly detrimental to America and many government unions raise taxes on Americans. AGREE

8. It is important that the interests of the United States are hold first and foremost. UM, AGREE?

9. While gays and lesbians should not be stoned in the streets, it is ridiculous to afford them the institution of marriage when marriage is between a man and a woman. SURE

10. The Soviet Union was an evil society and it is incredibly important that they were stopped before they were able to take over America. THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO TAKE OVER AMERICA.

11. Globalization is important for the economy and thinks like free trade and outsourcing should not be restricted. AGREE

12. Torture is acceptable if it protects national security. DISAGREE

13. The "war on drugs" wastes vast government resources that could better be used elsewhere. AGREE

14. Social spending should be cut drastically starting with the end of welfare and privitizatin of SS. AGREE

15. Undocumented workers should be put on the next bus back to Mexico. DISAGREE

16. The federal minimum wage destroys more jobs than it creates and should be abolished or set to an incredibly low amount. AGREE

17. Income tax rates on the top 10 percent and everyone are far too high due to wasteful spending and unnecessary government programs.  Taxes should be cut along with lower spending. AGREE

18. Military force should be used to blow the hell out of other nations who are a threat. DISAGREE

19. Man-made Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by liberals to try and make a political issue. AGREE

20. Our present leadership is protecting American interests aboard and should be given a thumbs up. DISAGREE

Okay, so that's about 12/20, which is a D-

KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »

Depends on what you are disagreeing with.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »

In the long run, the most fair system will be to roll basic access to health care into the tax system as a guaranteed right as an American citizen.  Emergency care should definitely be covered, since it should definitely be available to all without question with regard to their citizenship.

I'm not a huge fan of welfare, and I think the system is rife with abuse.  I don't think private charity is a much better option, though.

Sorry, pro-choice here.  I can distinguish between a baby, a fetus, and a cluster of cells.

I somewhat agree here, though we should try to keep the peace by fostering negotiation—as a neutral observer.

Affirmative Action was desperately needed back when it was dreamt up.  Now, it's not.  So long as the government keeps an eye on illegal race-based hirings/firings, I'd work towards phasing AA out.

I would keep capital punishment around, but only for the worst of the worst offenders.  It's largely overused.

Disagree.  Unions are part of what makes America, America.  Workers should be free to bind together and approach their employers as a group, rather than be forced to play against each other.

I disapprove of any laws/policies that either require someone to join a union or forbid it.

Agree, for the most part.

I strongly disagree that it's ridiculous.  It is inherently discriminatory to allow for governmental contracts honored solely on the basis of gender.

Thanks for not condemning me to death, though.  I appreciate that.

Evil?  No.  They were a sad empire of bureaucrats who incorrectly assumed that having a nuclear weapon or two made them a major power in any arena other than in warfare.

It was such a poorly constructed system that it was bound to crumble eventually.

The world is much better off now that they're gone, though.  The likelihood of atomic war has fallen dramatically since.

The economy is going global, and trying to stop that just won't work.  I strongly oppose outsourcing anything related to the federal government to other countries.

In the meantime, I encourage a "buy local" mentality, where you favor local coffee shops over Starbucks; local crafts stores over Hot Topic; local restaurants over McDonalds.

I strongly disagree.  Torture is an unreliable technique that does nothing but ruin the reputation of the organization that engages in it.

For the most part, yes.  Too much is wasted trying to put away non-violent offenders.  Drop the penalties for possession; make the penalties for the drug kingpins higher.

Decriminalize marijuana, but keep close tabs on the genuinely destructive drugs, like crystal meth.

The government needs to provide a safety net.  Means testing S.S. seems like the inevitable route to take there.  I don't favor full privatization, but I think partial privatization could be a worthwhile endeavor: investing 5% of your SS contribution seems like a good place to start. 

If they turn up, fine.  I don't think we should be spending resources to try and find them, though.

Disagree.  The minimum wage is a key protection that should probably be increased slightly still.

Yeah, start by cutting the spending to balance the budget.

Then you can start using every cent you save after that to cut spending.  As you cut taxes, though, keep the tax code progressive.

X

Uh, no.  That's just stupid.  The part of global warming caused by humans may be exaggerated (and I'm not saying it is, just that it scientifically could be), but the idea that spewing increasing amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere won't negatively effect things is ridiculous.

LOL OCEAN SO BIG LETS THROUGH OUR TRASH IN THERE LOL

Thump this.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2007, 05:35:55 PM by Flying Fox »

At this point, I'm leaning towards supporting less regulation (e.g. importing drugs from canada) and adopting a policy similar to the one proposed by Mitt Romney. Basically in the middle on this issue.

I could agree to this if private charity was thoroughly subsidized by the US government. As it stands, charity can not meet current demands. With that said, even if welfare is kept it should be reformed further (workfare).

Disagree, there's no non-religious (or unacceptably subjective moral) basis to keep a woman from having an early abortion. At the very least, 1st trimester abortions should remain available "on demand" because the fetus at that point is not even remotely self-aware or viable. Roe v. Wade set proper guidelines, and should be enforced rather than eroded.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's a viable option right now. Hamas is as anti-west as it is anti-Israel. And with oil and other resources running low, we can not afford an Israeli-Arab war or something similar.

Given current circumstances, I agree. Although I think that some sort of affirmative action was necessary in the past.

I disagree, there is nothing inherently wrong with killing people who have killed others or have a record of committing extremely brutal crimes. The deterrence effect is debatable.

I agree with you on the whole here. Unions are protected under the 1st amendment, but the right to strike should be effectively abolished outside of very rare circumstances. Government Workers should continue to be outright forbidden from striking, ever. Union efforts at blocking development, foreign investment, etc. should be fought.

It depends on what you view as our interests. In the long term, we're going to need to stop thinking so much in terms of "national" interest and more in terms of the best interests of humanity.

Based on what? Your personal opinion? The reality is that none of the arguments used against Gay Marriage have a rational basis. Procreation? There are tons of childless and/or infertile couples that are happily married. It's against Christian Morality? Separation of Church and state renders that argument meaningless. It will lead to people marrying pets/children/etc.? Irrelevant and absurd, as those groups can not consent. Gay Marriage bans are in direct violation of the 14th amendment and thus are unconstitutional.

The Soviet Union was a horrible place, but it did not possess the will nor the means to launch an invasion on the US. And towards the 1970's, they were dependent on the US and the rest of the West for even basic necessities like food.

I support free trade and agree that outsourcing, globalization, etc. are all potentially positive things that have been unfairly demonized. With that said, the US should look out for the well-being of consumers and only drop tariffs or regulations if our trade partners do the same. What's missing in our trade agreements is transparency and equality.

Torture doesn't help us, it gives us false information, tarnishes our reputation and in general is a sign of increasing authoritarianism and barbarism.

Yes, in addition to being hypocritical and effective only at eroding our rights.

Somewhat agree. Social Security should not exist outside of aid to the disabled and elderly poor. Welfare should be further reformed, perhaps with more block grants to charity.

In a perfect world this would be doable, however we simply have too many Illegal Immigrants to track them all down. And mass deportation of established workers would cause a severe recession. Better to grant earned citizenship to some and beef up security instead.

The minimum wage's goal isn't to create jobs, it's to stabilize prices and give worker's a benchmark.  With that said, the minimum wage should not be raised further, and certainly not to $9.25 per Hour like some want. It should remain more or less at present levels, with periodic increases indexed to inflation.

I agree. We need a balanced budget amendment and serious cuts in various departments, entitlements, unnecessary military spending, and various subsidies to special interests (aka pork). The alternative to this is not just higher taxes, but a crippling national debt.

"A threat" is both vague and highly subjective, not to mention overwhelming force doesn't accomplish anything.

Not only do I disagree, but does it even matter if it's taking place or not? The destruction of countless fertile rain-forests, poisoning of our air and land, and continued depletion of resources are all massive problems that must be addressed now. If we keep up our current course, we could very well go extinct.

Astoundingly wrong. Our present "leadership" has destroyed the credibility and support the US had, destabilized the Middle East through a disastrous war based on shoddy information (and outright lies), failed to catch those responsible for 9/11, and has failed to address pressing international problems.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 05:40:22 PM »

And Flying Fox chimes in with the one insightful post in this thread.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »

And Flying Fox chimes in with the one insightful post in this thread.
Somebody had to. Wink

I'm waiting for Naso's reply...
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »

-Agree

-Agree

No, but it there should be soem restrictions.

Agree

Agree

Agree

Depends on the Union

Agree

Civil Unions for All

It was a threat, but it wasn't likely they would even conquer us.

Strongly Dissagree

Dissagree

Agree

Agree

Enforce the laws already on the books and seal the border.

Agree

Agree

Depends on situation

Dissagree, though it should be debated.

Strongly Dissagree, President Bush is a failire.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »

Thought I'd pop this thread back up since they seem to be more of them, a few revised answers, it has been awhile.

3. Abortion rights are fallacy found no where in the constitution dreamed up by the left.  It is imperative that would protect every human life and treat it with dignity.  If we can protect those that are most innocent, why have a government anyway?

4. The United States need to stop supporting Israel so much, yet it needs to not take Palestines side either.  The conflict is not something the US should itself in.  We need to completely cut foreign aid to both sides.

5. It is ironic that affirmative action was created because of racism, considering it itself is racist.  Every student or potential employee should be looked on an even playing field.  It may have been created with good intentions, but it is ridiculous in society today.

6. Capital punishment is not immoral, but not something the United States government should be carrying out on its citizens

7. Unions are incredibly detrimental to America and many government unions raise taxes on Americans.  There is no reason to protect union workers on strike, and employers should be allowed to fire at will (fire then from their jobs that is)

8. It is important that the interests of the United States are hold first and foremost when dealing with world affairs.  For that reason, it is imperative that the United States withdraws from the United Nations immediatley.

9. While it is inhumane to treat gays and lesbians as second-class citizens, it is also absurd to afford them marriage.  Civil unions should be left up to the state, but no marriage.

10. The Soviet Union was an evil society and it is incredibly important that they were stopped before they were able to undermine America and do to us what we did to them

11. Globalization is important for the economy and things like free trade and outsourcing should not be restricted.  Let companies that practice outsourcing be judged by the people, if they don't like their products, practices, or services, they will not buy from them.

12. Torture is acceptable if it protects national security, although should not be carried out except on POWs

13. The "war on drugs" wastes vast government resources that could better be used elsewhere.  It is time that we legalize every drug, the economic and social benefits are simply astounding.

14. Social spending should be cut drastically starting with the end of welfare and privitization of Social Security.  Social Security should also be cut from people currently under forty years old.  No new spending should occur unless a signifigant amount of Americans are helped, not a small few friends of powerful people. 

15. Undocumented workers should be put on the next bus back to Mexico (or wherever their from), at their own expense of course.  The millions of these people are brining disease and drugs into the country, along with exploiting our health care system and destroying our sovereignty.

16. The federal minimum wage destroys more jobs than it creates and should be abolished or set to an incredibly low amount.  If someone wants to work for a lower wage, they should be allowed to wave the minimum wage requirement.

18. Military force should be used as a last resort to blow the hell out of other countries.  No more expensive and live costing ground wars, nuke em' all.

20. Our present leadership is protecting American interests aboard and should be given a thumps up sucks huge balls
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »

I'm much closer to NDN.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 09:12:46 AM »

No, and If I was, I'd stop taking whatever it is I was taking.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »

you're not a conservative.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »

Well, I guess my views fit more of a libertarian mold, but I consider the two words to be pretty much the same.  Ron Paul is both
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 01:24:53 PM »

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. Agree
5. Agree
6. Disagree, capital punishment is suitable restitution for murdering a relative
7. Agree
8. Agree
9. Disagree, the state shouldn't be involved in marriage at all
10. Disagree, the Soviet Union collapsed because socialism doesn't work, fighting it abroad was both redundant and counter-productive
11. Agree
12. Disagree, torture is inhumane and counterproductive
13. Agree
14. Agree
15. Disagree, freedom of movement should not be infringed and illegal immigrants help to keep costs down on the consumer
16. Agree
17. Agree
18. Agree
19. Agree
20. Agree
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »

1. No

2. No

3. No.

4. Hell no

5. Yes

6. No

7. No

8. Yes

9. Yes

10. Yes

11. No

12. No

13. No

14. No

15. No

16. No

17. No

18. Yes, but not quite in the way you put it.

19. No

20. No
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »

That is practically the only function of government.

Welfare state? Germany is a welfare state. America is as close to China as it is to Germany.

3. Abortion rights are fallacy found no where in the constitution dreamed up by the left.  It is imperative that would protect every human life and treat it with dignity.  If we can protect those that are most innocent, why have a government anyway?

This reasoning is nonsensical when combined with utter disregard for the already born.

4. The United States need to stop supporting Israel so much, yet it needs to not take Palestines side either.  The conflict is not something the US should itself in.  We need to completely cut foreign aid to both sides.

Agree on principle.

5. It is ironic that affirmative action was created because of racism, considering it itself is racist.  Every student or potential employee should be looked on an even playing field.  It may have been created with good intentions, but it is ridiculous in society today.

Agree completely.

6. Capital punishment is not immoral, but not something the United States government should be carrying out on its citizens

Agree completely.

7. Unions are incredibly detrimental to America and many government unions raise taxes on Americans.  There is no reason to protect union workers on strike, and employers should be allowed to fire at will (fire then from their jobs that is)

I look forward to an 80-hour workweek, then.

8. It is important that the interests of the United States are hold first and foremost when dealing with world affairs.  For that reason, it is imperative that the United States withdraws from the United Nations immediatley.

The UN is a tool of the United States.

9. While it is inhumane to treat gays and lesbians as second-class citizens, it is also absurd to afford them marriage.  Civil unions should be left up to the state, but no marriage.

Cold-button.

10. The Soviet Union was an evil society and it is incredibly important that they were stopped before they were able to undermine America and do to us what we did to them

I'm too fond of Gorbachevism to agree with that.

11. Globalization is important for the economy and things like free trade and outsourcing should not be restricted.  Let companies that practice outsourcing be judged by the people, if they don't like their products, practices, or services, they will not buy from them.

Except that the free market isn't picky.

12. Torture is acceptable if it protects national security, although should not be carried out except on POWs

Torture is never acceptible. How could it possibly protect national security? Any information obtained out of torture is by nature suspect.

13. The "war on drugs" wastes vast government resources that could better be used elsewhere.  It is time that we legalize every drug, the economic and social benefits are simply astounding.

Agree in general.

14. Social spending should be cut drastically starting with the end of welfare and privitization of Social Security.  Social Security should also be cut from people currently under forty years old.  No new spending should occur unless a signifigant amount of Americans are helped, not a small few friends of powerful people.

Most certainly not.

15. Undocumented workers should be put on the next bus back to Mexico (or wherever their from), at their own expense of course.  The millions of these people are brining disease and drugs into the country, along with exploiting our health care system and destroying our sovereignty.

And you claim to believe in the free market? The United States should be the last best hope.

16. The federal minimum wage destroys more jobs than it creates and should be abolished or set to an incredibly low amount.  If someone wants to work for a lower wage, they should be allowed to wave the minimum wage requirement.

The minimum wage protects native-born Americans and especially immigrants, who have no means of recourse.

Completely disagree except for the wasteful spending part.

18. Military force should be used as a last resort to blow the hell out of other countries.  No more expensive and live costing ground wars, nuke em' all.

Except that they cost many many more lives. Nukes are a danger to mankind.

Grin

20. Our present leadership is protecting American interests aboard and should be given a thumps up sucks huge balls

Agree.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 05:07:58 PM »

8. Yes

18. Yes, but not quite in the way you put it.

Shocked

Keep that blue avatar. Keep it forever.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »

Well, I guess my views fit more of a libertarian mold, but I consider the two words to be pretty much the same.  Ron Paul is both

no Libertarian leaves the party because an ACLU lawyer was nominated...  you're a reactionary...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies