The Scream That Never Was
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:29:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The Scream That Never Was
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Scream That Never Was  (Read 2170 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2004, 12:34:29 AM »

What? The media distorted the facts? Well I never.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/012904_NW_r2_group_deanscream.html

If there was an eye-rolling emoticon I'd use it.
Mr. Fresh
faulfrisch
United States
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 01:00:35 AM »

Roll Eyes
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 05:14:40 PM »

Hmmmm.  That could be true.  The Dems obviously didn't want Dean, since most of them thought he was unelectible, they may have been trying to bump him out of the race.  Back-stabbing media liberals.  Smiley
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 12:21:36 AM »

Look for the bloodiest election ever-----with Viacom, Clear Channel, Fox, CBS, and now CNN all in the partisan GOP column, you will see a lot of this.

Look, I could take a clip of you doing anything, like coughing, and make you look stupid--especially if I ran it 673 times!!!!  (That's so amazing)   I usually keep the Tv going all day, and in the background I could hear that played over and over, and in self-defense turned it off.

What was ironic was the next day Sharpton was doing a similar energetic close.......but you snip it out just right.......you could make fodder out of anyone.  Dean's toast because of it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 08:40:52 AM »

Look for the bloodiest election ever-----with Viacom, Clear Channel, Fox, CBS, and now CNN all in the partisan GOP column, you will see a lot of this.

Look, I could take a clip of you doing anything, like coughing, and make you look stupid--especially if I ran it 673 times!!!!  (That's so amazing)   I usually keep the Tv going all day, and in the background I could hear that played over and over, and in self-defense turned it off.

What was ironic was the next day Sharpton was doing a similar energetic close.......but you snip it out just right.......you could make fodder out of anyone.  Dean's toast because of it.

CBS?  I live abroad and haven't seen them in ages - thought they were typical Liberal Media, like all the others.  CNN - here I have to voice some skepticism!  We do get them over here, and they look just as liberal to me as ever.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 10:57:37 AM »

CBS?  I live abroad and haven't seen them in ages - thought they were typical Liberal Media, like all the others.  CNN - here I have to voice some skepticism!  We do get them over here, and they look just as liberal to me as ever.

That might be b/c you're a conservative, no?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 11:07:09 AM »

More like reactionary... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 11:18:57 AM »

OK, he's that as well I guess... Wink
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 11:21:04 AM »

Look, I could take a clip of you doing anything, like coughing, and make you look stupid--especially if I ran it 673 times!!!!

Hasn't the media been doing this to GWBush constantly for the past four years?

(Granted, he's very good at giving them ammunition...)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 02:27:04 PM »

That might be b/c you're a conservative, no?

I just mean that there isn't a soul over at CNN that likes Bush.  They're all Democrats, like most reporters/media.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 04:28:32 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2004, 04:33:26 AM by Nym90 »

Oh really, so Tucker Carlson and Bob Novak are Democrats and don't like Bush?

And Judy Woodruff, and Aaron Brown, and Bill Schneider, and Jeff Greenfield, and Candy Crowley, and John King, and Wolf Blitzer, and Larry King, and Christiane Amanpour, and Heidi Collins, and Anderson Cooper, and Carol Costello, and Lou Dobbs, and Bill Hemmer, and Daryn Kagan, and Kyra Phillips, and Miles O'Brien, and Fredericka Whitfield, and Paula Zahn, and Soledad O'Brien, heck, Dr. Sanjay Gupta too, they are all liberal Democrats? And I suppose you have some evidence for this?

Of course, in your mind, I'm sure the fact that I was able to name all of them will be proof enough (or else just proof enough that I'm a dork who needs a life Wink)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 06:48:21 AM »

Oh really, so Tucker Carlson and Bob Novak are Democrats and don't like Bush?

And Judy Woodruff, and Aaron Brown, and Bill Schneider, and Jeff Greenfield, and Candy Crowley, and John King, and Wolf Blitzer, and Larry King, and Christiane Amanpour, and Heidi Collins, and Anderson Cooper, and Carol Costello, and Lou Dobbs, and Bill Hemmer, and Daryn Kagan, and Kyra Phillips, and Miles O'Brien, and Fredericka Whitfield, and Paula Zahn, and Soledad O'Brien, heck, Dr. Sanjay Gupta too, they are all liberal Democrats? And I suppose you have some evidence for this?

Of course, in your mind, I'm sure the fact that I was able to name all of them will be proof enough (or else just proof enough that I'm a dork who needs a life Wink)

We're all dorks who need lives.  But about Journalists - a huge majority of them are liberal democrats.  I spent a lot of time around the Journalism school at U. of Missouri - there were even some 'marxists' there, as well as Dems.  Virtually no Republicans.  If you were one of the tiny minority of conservative reporters where would you work - the sanctuary = FOX.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies