Would you visit Adam-ondi-Ahman?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:07:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Would you visit Adam-ondi-Ahman?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Would you visit Adam-ondi-Ahman?  (Read 2230 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2023, 03:13:14 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam-ondi-Ahman

Assuming it was relatively convenient to visit (i.e. you aren't driving across the country just for it.)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 03:44:10 PM »

Sure, Church History is amusing going from within to out.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 10:24:21 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2023, 07:38:59 PM by Just Passion Through »

Funny seeing this thread now, since a few weeks ago I mapped out a hypothetical cross-country road trip for LDS religious and historical sites that I shared with my ex-Mormon friend.

Vermont is where both Smith and Young were born, Sacred Grove is where Smith allegedly had his vision, other parts of New York and Pennsylvania are where the BoM was translated, rewritten, and then published, the church first became formally established in Kirtland, Zion's "center piece" in Independence, the area around Jameson where Adam-ondi-Ahman is, Nauvoo where Mormons pretty much took over and elected Smith mayor, Carthage where he died at a prison riot he instigated, and then the neighborhood of Florence, Omaha which is where Young took over and the Mormons settled after Smith's death, and then of course, Salt Lake City.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 11:07:49 AM »

Funny seeing this thread now, since a few weeks ago I mapped out a hypothetical cross-country road trip for LDS religious and historical sites that I shared with my ex-Mormon friend.

Vermont is where both Smith and Young were born, Sacred Grove is where Smith allegedly had his vision, other parts of New York and Pennsylvania are where the BoM was translated, re-translated, and then published, the church first became formally established in Kirtland, Zion's "center piece" in Independence, the area around Jameson where Adam-ondi-Ahman is, Nauvoo where Mormons pretty much took over and elected Smith mayor, Carthage where he died at a prison riot he instigated, and then the neighborhood of Florence, Omaha which is where Young took over and the Mormons settled after Smith's death, and then of course, Salt Lake City.

I pass by Young's birthplace semi-frequently because it's on one of the prettier routes from where I live to where my parents live and vice versa. Today it's an unexceptional, but nice, residential area in a small and relatively non-touristy hill town in Windham County, the sort of place where there were a ton of Trump yard signs in 2020 but Biden ended up winning by election-type-event margins anyway.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 12:43:06 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2023, 12:53:47 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

There was no Adam and Eve because blks were the first people it was Pharoahs and Hebrew Queens and Arabs that created the Human race and Pharoahs were light skinned blks

There is no way from Darwin you can get a blk  or dark bean from two white ones but you can get an albino Bean from two black beans. Just like squirrel, and many mammals and rats, the mutation is albino but they are blk

Sorry to let you know and the Celts came after the Egyptian empire

The albino mouse, or blk and white skunk or the albino rabbit all rodents is proof that two blk races create albino not two white races create a blk race

Look at all the animals, they all start out as Blk not white

Especially the chimpanzee and how we have soul or Irish in us due to dwarfism, is that the Junior chimp, chromosome breaks from 48 to 46 and in dwarfism something breaks with the chromosome
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 09:20:27 PM »

I could, and more easily than just about anybody else on this forum - it’s only three counties away. But I don’t know why I would. Do they give tours?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 05:34:13 PM »

I could, and more easily than just about anybody else on this forum - it’s only three counties away. But I don’t know why I would. Do they give tours?

Update: I was passing through the area and I made a stop at Adam-ondi-Ahman. Neat place with an impressive view.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 06:51:15 AM »

I’ll break bread with anyone.

Fallout New Vegas vibes bruh
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 07:33:38 AM »

Update: I was passing through the area and I made a stop at Adam-ondi-Ahman. Neat place with an impressive view.
it's not too far off the route I take to STL/southern IL and I've always wanted to drive through Skidmore too (if you know, you know).  I may take an alternate way next time down (which should be in the next month or so).

and on preview I did the Google Maps of the new route and it adds an hour and a half somehow, so yeah, that's not going to happen.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 02:12:10 PM »

Would love to. I’ve been to Hill Cumorah and the Sacred Grove, both neat experiences.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies