Who wins each chamber in Virginia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:59:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins each chamber in Virginia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins each chamber in Virginia?
Republicans win both

Republicans hold the House, Democrats hold the Senate

Democrats flip the House, Republicans flip the Senate

Democrats win both

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Who wins each chamber in Virginia?  (Read 823 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2023, 01:49:16 PM »

Who wins each chamber in Virginia in November? Republicans or Democrats?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 09:32:00 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2023, 09:43:24 AM by Skill and Chance »

Other: Senate 21D/19R (somewhat surprisingly, they lose the Loudoun Youngkin seat but win the Williamsburg Youngkin seat), HoD tied 50D/50R with no provision to break the deadlock (would have been a Dem majority without the Henrico district sex scandal).  Dramatically reduced margins in eastern Prince William and eastern Loudoun.  Perhaps a Dem only wins a Biden +25 district by 10?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 10:06:32 AM »

Other: Senate 21D/19R (somewhat surprisingly, they lose the Loudoun Youngkin seat but win the Williamsburg Youngkin seat), HoD tied 50D/50R with no provision to break the deadlock (would have been a Dem majority without the Henrico district sex scandal).  Dramatically reduced margins in eastern Prince William and eastern Loudoun.  Perhaps a Dem only wins a Biden +25 district by 10?

That’s probably the most likely thing.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 10:09:29 AM »

Do you not see Democrats get above 50 seats?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 10:18:36 AM »

Slight Dem tilt to both.
Duke of York

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 10:24:56 AM »

I say Democrats win both.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 10:27:19 AM »

Other: Senate 21D/19R (somewhat surprisingly, they lose the Loudoun Youngkin seat but win the Williamsburg Youngkin seat), HoD tied 50D/50R with no provision to break the deadlock (would have been a Dem majority without the Henrico district sex scandal).  Dramatically reduced margins in eastern Prince William and eastern Loudoun.  Perhaps a Dem only wins a Biden +25 district by 10?

Something that would indicate a R+3 to D+1 environment? My guess is that they win everything Biden+6-7 and above or under Youngkin+3-4. What does that get us?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 10:28:39 AM »

I’m sticking with 22D/18R in the senate and 52D/48R in the HOD.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2023, 11:09:03 AM »

Other: Senate 21D/19R (somewhat surprisingly, they lose the Loudoun Youngkin seat but win the Williamsburg Youngkin seat), HoD tied 50D/50R with no provision to break the deadlock (would have been a Dem majority without the Henrico district sex scandal).  Dramatically reduced margins in eastern Prince William and eastern Loudoun.  Perhaps a Dem only wins a Biden +25 district by 10?

Something that would indicate a R+3 to D+1 environment? My guess is that they win everything Biden+6-7 and above or under Youngkin+3-4. What does that get us?

Depends.  They could reasonably win a Biden +5/Youngkin +5 seat with a college town while blowing a Biden +15/McAuliffe +5 majority-minority seat.  There's plenty of both types in the HoD.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 11:15:44 AM »

Depends.  They could reasonably win a Biden +5/Youngkin +5 seat with a college town while blowing a Biden +15/McAuliffe +5 majority-minority seat.  There's plenty of both types in the HoD.

Any seat that McAuliffe won in 2021 should be won by Dems this year.  I think Dems win the Petersburg seat and the Virginia Beach seat where I think your and my predictions differ.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2023, 11:20:19 AM »

Gets them to 52 in the HOD and 23 in the Senate (I think they lose SD-17 and get only 22).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 11:48:00 AM »

Gets them to 52 in the HOD and 23 in the Senate (I think they lose SD-17 and get only 22).

So an R sweep would PROBABLY require an encore performance by Republicans.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2023, 12:44:02 PM »

So an R sweep would PROBABLY require an encore performance by Republicans.

Yes probably something close to Youngkin’s 2021 performance statewide given that he won 52 HOD seats and 20 senate seats.  They may be able to afford a tie or like a less than one percent loss in the statewide vote, but it would be cutting it very close.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2023, 03:10:12 PM »

People underestimating Dobbs effect again (and in an off-off-year election entirely about turnout and motivation, no less)...

Dems comfortably exceed expectations in both chambers.
Duke of York

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2023, 03:58:34 PM »

People underestimating Dobbs effect again (and in an off-off-year election entirely about turnout and motivation, no less)...

Dems comfortably exceed expectations in both chambers.

Well that would be nice to see.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2023, 04:45:37 PM »

Republicans win both.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix