Describe a member of the John Birch Society that voted for Biden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:59:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a member of the John Birch Society that voted for Biden
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a member of the John Birch Society that voted for Biden  (Read 404 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2023, 04:28:08 PM »

anti-Russia hardliner that thinks the Russian Federation is just a continuation of the Soviet Union and Trump is therefore a Soviet puppet?
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 07:49:04 PM »

Someone concerned about COVID
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 10:40:23 PM »

Someone who thought he was going to govern as a social conservative and liked his record as a senator.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 12:59:35 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2023, 01:23:38 AM by Alben Barkley »

anti-Russia hardliner that thinks the Russian Federation is just a continuation of the Soviet Union and Trump is therefore a Soviet puppet?

Would this make such a person the opposite of the leftists who also seem to think the Russian Federation is just a continuation of the Soviet Union and thus like it, despite the fact that it has much more in common with a fascist regime?
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 01:23:11 AM »

Would this make such a person the obvious of the leftists who also seem to think the Russian Federation is just a continuation of the Soviet Union and thus like it, despite the fact that it has much more in common with a fascist regime?

I have encountered an odd pro-Ukraine neo-nazi that claimed Russia's invasion was just proof that the US had fought on the wrong side of WWII so while most of the far-right is pro-Russia it is a tendency that exists even though it's a fringe one.
E-Dawg
Guy
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 03:30:49 AM »

Would this make such a person the obvious of the leftists who also seem to think the Russian Federation is just a continuation of the Soviet Union and thus like it, despite the fact that it has much more in common with a fascist regime?

I have encountered an odd pro-Ukraine neo-nazi that claimed Russia's invasion was just proof that the US had fought on the wrong side of WWII so while most of the far-right is pro-Russia it is a tendency that exists even though it's a fringe one.
The Azov Battalion exists, so its not too weird or surprising that some neo-nazis do support Ukraine. (Note that I am pro-Ukraine aid and I'm not using this as an argument against it)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 03:35:10 AM »

They wanted to vote for the candidate who never supported single payer.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 03:44:22 AM »

Such people are asinine. Yeah, the USSR invaded Poland and Finland and the Baltics and tried to join the Axis themselves during the early stages of WW2. (Funny how both the Tankies and the neo-Nazis seem to conveniently forget about the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact when they were buddy-buddy...) They were certainly not the "good guys." But that doesn't somehow mean the Allies were on the "wrong side" for joining an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" alliance of convenience with them against the Nazis once our interests aligned. It's especially stupid considering we immediately turned on them and entered a decades-long Cold War against them once the bigger threat (Germany) was defeated. It's not like we were naive to who they were or what they stood for or were capable of. It just so happened that for a time we shared a common enemy, who happened to be possibly the most evil regime in history. Almost anything would have been justified to take them down, definitely including a temporary alliance with the Soviets.

Also it's doubly dumb in this particular instance because Ukraine was part of the USSR itself at the time! That means Ukrainians were involved in those unjustified invasions, even if many also were victims of the Stalinist regime. Many more ended up as victims of Hitler and the Nazis. So a Ukrainian neo-Nazi almost seems like an oxymoron, as do Polish neo-Nazis. I know they exist, and I even almost get it because I get the hatred of Russia. But it's just utterly laughable given the history to think the Nazis would have been any better for these Slavic nations, considering it was literally part of Hitler's manifesto to enslave/exterminate them. And unfortunately he put far too much of that insane ideology into practice after he invaded both nations, which saw some of the worst atrocities and genocide of the entirety of WW2. Insane to think that anyone could have forgotten that less than 100 years later.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 04:53:50 AM »

The Azov Battalion exists, so its not too weird or surprising that some neo-nazis do support Ukraine. (Note that I am pro-Ukraine aid and I'm not using this as an argument against it)

Oh hard same, the very fact that they do exist is pretty convenient propaganda for the Russians sadly not that they have any moral highground when it comes to tolerating fascists.
Republican Party Stalwart
Stalwart_Grantist
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 04:35:17 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2023, 08:43:05 PM by Republican Party Stalwart »

Anti-Russian Federation sentiment really isn't "fringe" at all in the international far-right. Sure, it may seem like hatred of Zelenskyy has become mandatory for the lowest common denominator of American populist/radical-right politicians and base voters, and sympathy for Putin and/or "neutrality" may be the majority among Anglosphere radical-righters in general, but a very substantial portion if not a majority of the Continental European "far-right" (not to mention sound majorities of the Japanese far-right and Korean far-right) are anti-Russian Federation and anti-Putin, or broadly anti-Russian in general.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies