How do we fix the migration crisis, and the immigration system as a whole ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How do we fix the migration crisis, and the immigration system as a whole ?  (Read 846 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2023, 07:44:05 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 07:52:17 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2023, 07:58:21 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We need to pass immigration reform, that's why we are aiming for the Filibuster proof Trifecta Rs were for immigration reform before Trump, but Trump recycled Bush W thene of building a wall and OSR believes that but Arabs enter this country too and soon by 2050 Arabs and Latinos are gonna be the Largest group of people in this Country

Most of the homeless aren't blks and Latinos they are Arabs too but Latinos are Arabs too but they are Catholic and Arabs are Muslims that's how you solve it but we have to get the Filibuster proof Trifecta

The Rs went away from immigration reform because prior to 2016 McCain ran the party that's why Bush W got elected basically on McCain they supported Immigratiom reform now they gave the issue to Ds that's why NV, AZ. cO went from GOP strongholds to Safe D

I already know Arabs and Latinos are the fastest growing minorities, they can be in shelters but they look so much alike except the female whom wears scarfs

It won't solve it immediately but in the long term by 2030 when Arabs and Latinos become the majority it will have a best effect

The Homeless crisis is because Arabs and Latinos and blk men 33% are impoverished
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 08:07:53 PM »

Amnesty for all undocumented immigrants not convicted of a violent crime. Provide a path to citizenship for those who have no criminal history at all.

Dramatically increase funding for immigration courts.

Eliminate all per-country caps.

Provide incentives for international students to remain in the US, especially Chinese international students.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 08:09:28 PM »

Amnesty for all undocumented immigrants not convicted of a violent crime. Provide a path to citizenship for those who have no criminal history at all.

Provide incentives for international students to remain in the US, especially Chinese international students.

I like the 2013 Bill.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 08:16:29 PM »

Just like every other issue currently, It's simple both parties ruined the country. They've dominated for 150 years and look where we are. Trump is a symptom of the problem but not the solution. Immigration is broken, the economy is broken, defense budget is broken as well as foreign aid.The real problem is corporations funding both parties to the detriment of our citizens. Unfortunately America is stuck with both parties destroying the country unless people wake up and stop voting D and R. I say this as a former Trump supporter who gets what's really going on.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 11:27:33 AM »

These are different subjects.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 11:30:49 AM »

The answer is in your title. Turn the immigration system into a giant hole in the ground just north of the Rio Grande. Then push Greg Abbott into it. Then commence reforming the system.
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 07:16:09 PM »

Immigration moratorium for the next few decades, mass deportations, repealing birthright citizenship, building the wall, militarizing that aforementioned wall.

I’ve got lots of ideas.
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 07:17:05 PM »

With all due respect…

That’s only going to encourage even more illegal immigration, you clown.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2023, 07:24:40 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2023, 11:30:07 PM by Meclazine »

You have to look at the reasons why people smugglers choose USA, Australia, England and France. Apart from the national Tennis Opens, these are the four best countries in the World. OK, England is a bit questionable. Ultimately, this problem will not go away until you "actually" want to fix it, not put a woke romantic band aid on it.

These policies work:

(a) Temporary protection visas.
(b) No path to citizenship.
(c) Offshore processing - Islands, Oil Rig style accommodation, Rwanda.

If you don't like those ideas, then we just supply Mexicans with better jogging shoes:

Mexican Runs For His Life Whilst Americans Enjoy A Barbecue

https://www.facebook.com/reel/847188377061535

Ever since Australia introduced offshore processing, the number of refugee boat arrivals dropped by 99.95%.

England just followed suit. It would be interesting to see what a country like Italy does to prevent boats from Africa for example.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 05:28:22 PM »

Build more processing centers on the border. Have them be federally managed so Texas doesn’t need to complain about being “overwhelmed”. Build more federal courts, hire more judges.

No six month waits. No busing people to NYC or Chicago. You arrive at the border, apply for asylum. Most people will be rejected and sent back to their home country. Eventually people will get the message that there’s no point crossing Mexico from Central America just to get turned away.

Help Central America handle gangs like MS-13. Do what El Salvador did and lock up anyone with a gang tattoo. Murder rates dropped 75% in a year. That’s incredible and why El Salvador president has a 89% rating 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2023, 07:21:44 PM »

Take the billionaires and centi-millionaires who profit start to finish from the whole enterprise, seize their assets, and leave them to rot in prison. Until and unless we do that, or something very similar in result, we're going to keep running the same shadow-play of the Red Queen's Race until everything collapses.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2023, 02:05:26 PM »

There are no easy answers, but an updated version of the bipartisan 2013 immigration and border security bill would be a step in the right direction.

In the long run, more engagement and pressure on countries these people are fleeing from. Life conditions need to improve there.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2023, 03:35:22 PM »

With all due respect…

Those who are here illegally currently are mostly victims of a broken system. Packaging amnesty with reforms of the system will mean that
a) no one who would be able to come in with a streamlined reformed system will be deported simply because of bad timing
b) people considering coming illegally will have less reason to, because if the system doesn't have them waiting for years upon years upon years like it does now, they won't take the risk. Think about it. Why do people seriously consider such a horrifically risky journey where they have a good chance of being sent back to square 1 at the end? It's because LEGAL immigration is so sluggish and difficult!

Would you decide to trek across the Sonoran desert for days, weeks on end under constant threat of capture, when there's a safer solution that doesn't take much longer? Of course not! What about a wait time of over a decade? Well then, you might say, "will I even survive until then? will I find myself in the crossfire of a cartel shootout? Can I provide for my family for that long on this wage?" etc., then you might think, "I'm willing to take that risk". That's the decision hundreds, thousands of people face.

Fix the cause of the problem, the broken system, and illegal immigration will fade as an issue.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2023, 05:27:51 PM »

With all due respect…

Making it easier to immigrate legally is going to encourage illegal immigration? Huh?
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2023, 08:40:49 PM »

With all due respect…

Making it easier to immigrate legally is going to encourage illegal immigration? Huh?
Giving blanket amnesty to criminals who illegally crossed the border is not only a slap in the face to all those who came legally, but it will only encourage even more crooks to cross.

We need to make a strong example out of the illegal aliens here; we need to deport them and make it so impossible for any remaining ones to get by in America, that they self-deport.

If your kid misbehaves and you fail to reprimand them, it will only embolden them. Ronald Reagan’s amnesty is partly to blame for the sheer amount of border crossings we have today.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2023, 06:31:29 PM »

Here's an immigration proposal I drafted previously:

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

The writing is a little faux legalistic, but I think the content is good.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2023, 09:18:52 PM »

This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. What is the matter with you?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2023, 07:45:59 AM »

First of all, there shouldn’t be any refugees. The best solution is prevention.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2023, 07:50:16 AM »

This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. What is the matter with you?

Everybody poops. About a quarter of the population are Nazis. Get over it.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2023, 08:31:25 AM »

Elaborate. What do you find disturbing?
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2023, 09:41:17 AM »

Annex the world, therefore nobody will need to put up with the arduous process of immigrating here
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2023, 09:52:33 AM »

I'm still waiting. I don't think we have enough broad-scale discussions about immigration because we're almost always so focused on the minutiae of the border crisis right now. I like the idea of having one.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2023, 10:15:23 AM »

I'm still waiting. I don't think we have enough broad-scale discussions about immigration because we're almost always so focused on the minutiae of the border crisis right now. I like the idea of having one.

I wouldn’t use that language but I will ask what do you mean by an “assimilation test” . Like that map just looks like a Christian vs non Christian map so would one of the criteria be related to whether or not someone is a Christian or not .

Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2023, 10:27:09 AM »

I wouldn’t use that language but I will ask what do you mean by an “assimilation test” . Like that map just looks like a Christian vs non Christian map so would one of the criteria be related to whether or not someone is a Christian or not .

Sure. There are three assimilation tests referenced, one for Latin American countries, one for developed East Asian countries, and one for Middle Eastern countries. Each of these tests would test for different things, but none would involve religious testing of the sort you reference (and separately, all Middle Eastern Christians would be available for immigration under Category B here). The MidEast test would essentially try to screen out Islamist and anti-American sentiment, and screen for skills (speaking English, trades, etc) that would make someone particularly beneficial upon entering the US. The LatAm one would do something similar but with a greater emphasis on culture and none at all on Islamism. The East Asian one would be similar to the LatAm one but adjusted for cultural differences between the two regions.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies