Will Janet Protasiewicz be impeached?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:23:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Janet Protasiewicz be impeached?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Janet Protasiewicz be impeached?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Will Janet Protasiewicz be impeached?  (Read 2770 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2023, 12:30:42 PM »

Doesn't the WI Supreme Court have a shadow docket? What would prevent her from just using the shadow docket to rule the maps unconstitutional right before she gets impeached?

While I think the level of partisanship on the WI Supreme Court is disappointing, this is a disgusting move on Republican's part.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2023, 09:32:51 PM »

No - why would swing district Republicans commit political suicide?

Idk, as the Arizona and Michigan GOP.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2023, 10:14:23 PM »

If they try it, Biden will win and Baldwin by a landslide WI they already lost the Rs WI by 11 because the S race isn't gerrymandering and Clarke is a poor candidate
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2023, 02:07:12 AM »

seems like a horrible, horrible idea politically.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2023, 09:13:04 AM »

These people are so arrogant it’s unbelievable. And I don’t care how “gerrymandered” their map is, this would be devastating for them politically
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2023, 10:49:16 PM »

Leaning towards yes. The Wisconsin Democratic Party certainly seems to be taking this seriously (you don’t drop $4 million on an ad blitz against a nonesistent threat). The legislature has already shown a willingness to engage in institutional warfare and undermine the other branches of government when it didn’t align with its agenda.
Duke of York

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2023, 10:50:27 PM »

Leaning towards yes. The Wisconsin Democratic Party certainly seems to be taking this seriously (you don’t drop $4 million on an ad blitz against a nonesistent threat). The legislature has already shown a willingness to engage in institutional warfare and undermine the other branches of government when it didn’t align with its agenda.

Even if they do its a no win. Evers picks a replacement. They can;t stonewall because Hagedorn won't stand for it.

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2023, 12:20:31 AM »

Even if they do its a no win. Evers picks a replacement. They can;t stonewall because Hagedorn won't stand for it.

Would Evers be allowed to just appoint Janet again?
Duke of York

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2023, 09:38:03 AM »

I don't see why he couldn't and in my opinion he should.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2023, 08:54:23 AM »

I wouldn’t be surprised if WI was like D+4 in 2024 and PA, MI are razor thin if they keep this up lol. These people are so delusional
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2023, 08:56:49 AM »

He'd have to wait until December, otherwise the election would be during the 2024 Republican primary. Yet if it's after I think 12/2 the election wouldn't be until like the 2030s.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2023, 11:04:18 AM »

Yes, they have no reason not to at least try.
Duke of York

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2023, 02:14:08 PM »

Yes, they have no reason not to at least try.

Why? They gain nothing.,
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2023, 02:16:03 PM »

They have absolutely no logical reason to try and pull this, lol, but Republicans are generally quite unintelligent so they may try it. She won't be removed from office by the Senate, though.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2023, 02:49:30 PM »

They have absolutely no logical reason to try and pull this, lol, but Republicans are generally quite unintelligent so they may try it. She won't be removed from office by the Senate, though.

Protasiewicz, and the liberal majority she creates, is an existential threat to the WIGOP. Should their gerrymandered maps get overturned they’ll actually have to start competing for the legislature and could potentially loose control of it. They currently are two seats shorts of a super majority, that would be detrimental to them long term.
Duke of York

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »

I think at least one senator will vote no and therefore the conviction vote fails and every Republican in the State Senate who votes yes has that vote used against them next year under fair maps.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2023, 03:06:11 PM »

I think at least one senator will vote no and therefore the conviction vote fails and every Republican in the State Senate who votes yes has that vote used against them next year under fair maps.

Yeah, it's a huge mistake. I get why they want to impeach her, but they're very stupid if they think that will even delay the inevitable. They lost the Supreme Court and their gerrymanders will be gone soon, that's reality and playing these games will only make it worse for themselves in the end. 
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2023, 04:25:26 PM »

After this Iowa stunt, no.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2023, 08:41:19 AM »

If they do they will have another Eday in 24 and Ds won, EVERS make another Appointment if there is a vacancy until a special Eday.

The Sen and Prez aren't gerrymandering so I fully expect with Johnson not on the ballot Rs and Clarke to underpoll
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2023, 01:58:44 PM »

What happened in Iowa?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2023, 01:50:49 PM »

The plan is to never hold a trial. Once impeached she would be suspended until cleared in a Senate trial. Senate Republicans would either never hold a trial or wait until Republicans win back the governorship to remove her from office, keeping the 3-3 conservative split in place in the meantime. Democrats can sue in federal court but Samuel Alito has already signaled that he would rule to keep Republicans in power under the nuh-uh doctrine.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2023, 04:58:20 PM »

The plan is to never hold a trial. Once impeached she would be suspended until cleared in a Senate trial. Senate Republicans would either never hold a trial or wait until Republicans win back the governorship to remove her from office, keeping the 3-3 conservative split in place in the meantime. Democrats can sue in federal court but Samuel Alito has already signaled that he would rule to keep Republicans in power under the nuh-uh doctrine.

Would the Supreme Court even be willing to hear an appeal regarding the Wisconsin State Supreme Court's decision to force a trial? I know Alito is a total hack but it seems incredibly bizarre to get involved in this nonsense.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2023, 06:56:14 PM »

Nothing, but Rs in the state house are trying to be “reasonable” by trying to make redistricting like Iowa’s system. Of course, that’s still solidly in the hands of the legislature, so you know who it’d still tilt towards…
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2023, 09:19:26 PM »

Oh good, it's definitely not gonna happen.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2023, 09:28:49 PM »

Anyway, this stuff makes me so mad. Even if it's doomed to fail, the fact that they're even considering it is disgusting. Janet won by double digits. The will of the people of the state they ostensibly are supposed to represent is clear. Removing her for purely partisan hack reasons is deplorable and about as undemocratic as it gets. But every day, the GOP keeps proving David Frum right about how conservatives will abandon democracy if they can't win before they change their ideology to match the voters.

Still, I almost hope they try it in Wisconsin because it can only be terrible news for their electoral chances going forward. Gerrymandered or not, close swing state or not, this could cause a huge backlash in favor of the Democrats in statewide races including the presidential race going forward. Of course, lord knows they might try to put more fake electors out there if Trump loses the state again! These people are actual fascists, and I do NOT use that word lightly!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies