Ben-Gvir says Israeli rights trump Palestinian freedom of movement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:27:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ben-Gvir says Israeli rights trump Palestinian freedom of movement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben-Gvir says Israeli rights trump Palestinian freedom of movement  (Read 571 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2023, 02:18:46 PM »

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir has openly admitted that his right to move around unimpeded is superior to the freedom of movement for Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, sparking outrage.

“My right, the right of my wife and my children to move around Judea and Samaria is more important than freedom of movement for the Arabs,” he said in a Wednesday evening interview with Channel 12 News, using the biblical term for the occupied territory.

Directly addressing journalist Mohammad Magadli, who is a Palestinian citizen of Israel, Ben-Gvir said, “Sorry, Mohammad, but that’s the reality.”

[...]

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/24/ben-gvir-says-israeli-rights-trump-palestinian-freedom-of-movement

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 04:15:29 PM »

Completely normal and non-fascist stuff happening there. And whoever says murdering Palestinians isn’t acceptable is an anti-semitist.

It’s so funny how westerners go crazy about right-wing politics in places like say, Hungary, because what, they spread conspiracy theories about George Soros and such while Israeli hardcore right-wingers can openly brag about murdering people and it’s not as scandalous at all.

I understand it’s all about the realism of geopolitics, but let’s be open and real in this case. Hungary is in Europe and hostile to EU, which is why it gets a worse reputation as it presents as an obstacle to Western establishment. While Israel, regardless of whoever is the leader (meaning, they can get away with literally everything) is still closer to Western establishment than its Muslim neighbors.

I just wish people were more honest about the realism and self-benefit pragmatism of their positions instead of inventing storylines about morality and a “rules based order” that simply doesn’t exist.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 12:20:01 AM »

Completely normal and non-fascist stuff happening there. And whoever says murdering Palestinians isn’t acceptable is an anti-semitist.

It’s so funny how westerners go crazy about right-wing politics in places like say, Hungary, because what, they spread conspiracy theories about George Soros and such while Israeli hardcore right-wingers can openly brag about murdering people and it’s not as scandalous at all.

I understand it’s all about the realism of geopolitics, but let’s be open and real in this case. Hungary is in Europe and hostile to EU, which is why it gets a worse reputation as it presents as an obstacle to Western establishment. While Israel, regardless of whoever is the leader (meaning, they can get away with literally everything) is still closer to Western establishment than its Muslim neighbors.

I just wish people were more honest about the realism and self-benefit pragmatism of their positions instead of inventing storylines about morality and a “rules based order” that simply doesn’t exist.
1. Israel is a pro Russian thorn in our side in several ways
2. Most of us here do condemn Israel for being an apartheid state.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 09:26:14 AM »

Horrible fascist says horrible fascist thing, part 9474.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 08:49:50 AM »

Nothing from the blue avs? Bueller?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 04:43:49 AM »

Red Velvet's usual nihilist rambling aside where he projects the singular things that he cares about on everything that happens in the world, German politicians and media have indeed criticized Israel's current government. But, on the other side stands of course the legacy of the Holocaust. If you simply ignore that pivotal fact you lack a basic understanding of history.

And Hungary's membership in the EU still hasn't been suspended to this day, although it would have been more than justified. So I can't really see the double standard here either.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 07:12:25 AM »

If kicking someone out of the EU was easy, it would likely already have happened to Hungary.

However - maybe with good reason - its not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies