is there a gravity "conspiracy" circulating conservative media right now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:41:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  is there a gravity "conspiracy" circulating conservative media right now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: is there a gravity "conspiracy" circulating conservative media right now?  (Read 187 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2023, 04:17:52 PM »

so I was on the phone with the Trump supporting parents yesterday and out of nowhere my Dad asks me if I've ever seen a UFO.  I thought that was weird because he's always been generally skeptical of that kind of thing.  I said no and explained why it was extremely unlikely aliens have visited (space is big, Earth aint unique, why would they fly across the galaxy and then crash into our random planet?) and then a few minutes later, my Mom, the retired RN, asked me...and I hope you're sitting down, she asked me if other planets had gravity.  I couldn't stifle my giggle and said that everything has gravity, planets have a lot, stars have a lot more, me and you have way less and then we talked over each other for a moment but I'm pretty sure she was going to say that "well the moon doesn't have gravity" but the thing I was saying that she talked over was that the moon has gravity and that's how tides work.  Then my Dad started to question the existence of gravity because you can't see it.  I said, "well, you can see it when you drop things, if it wasn't there, we'd float away".  It was all very strange.

So, is there anything making the rounds concerning gravity?  I know UFOs are kind of "big" right now because of the blurry pills the Navy saw last year, so I'm not super concerned about that, but the gravity thing was weird.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 04:36:23 PM »

There's nothing on TheDonald that I've seen.

I'm pretty sure she was going to say that "well the moon doesn't have gravity" but the thing I was saying that she talked over was that the moon has gravity and that's how tides work.  Then my Dad started to question the existence of gravity because you can't see it.

Gravity is a woke conspiracy designed so that only the liberal elites can learn how to float.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 10:00:17 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2023, 01:08:29 PM by Doug Burgum Sugar Baby »

Gravity IS the conspiracy theory! It was invented by noted ALCHEMIST and NUTCASE Isaac Newton! His action-at-a-distance MAGIC is clearly impossible, and his equations cannot possibly provide an accurate EXPLANATION of the movement of the PLANETS!
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 05:42:07 AM »

... the moon has gravity and that's how tides work. 

That's God. Tide goes in, tide goes out, never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies