If you were forced to choose between DeSantis and Mastriano, who would you choose?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:36:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If you were forced to choose between DeSantis and Mastriano, who would you choose?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If you were forced to choose between DeSantis and Mastriano, who would you choose?
DeSantis

Mastriano

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: If you were forced to choose between DeSantis and Mastriano, who would you choose?  (Read 533 times)
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2023, 10:17:10 PM »

Suppose you were forced to choose one of these 2 to be President, without a "neither" option. Which one of the two would you choose?
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 10:45:16 PM »

Mastriano 😁
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 10:57:00 PM »

Emigration.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 11:01:02 PM »

DeSantis
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 11:21:26 PM »

Surprised that so many people picked the competent authoritarian that has done so much damage to Florida (such as requiring bloggers to register with the state, punishing companies for disagreeing, changing the school curriculum completely), over than a lunatic who in all likelihood would be too incompetent to get anything through Congress.
Excessive Hyperbole
Sunmerican Dream
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 02:37:34 PM »

DeSantis has, by and large, been both a competent governor and a competent ideologue in office. Mastriano would've been a certifiable lunatic who likely would've driven his state into the ground.

I'm sad that RDS has sucked as a presidential candidate and lost my support but I still approve of him as Governor.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 12:07:56 PM »

Thanks for getting me to vote for DeSantis  Tongue
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2023, 12:11:09 PM »

Surprised that so many people picked the competent authoritarian that has done so much damage to Florida (such as requiring bloggers to register with the state, punishing companies for disagreeing, changing the school curriculum completely), over than a lunatic who in all likelihood would be too incompetent to get anything through Congress.
Mastriano has most of the negatives of DeSantis cranked up to another level. If his SOS proposal passed through then it's possible that another statewide Dem wouldn't have won because of disputed fraud. This could've ended up having long lasting impacts on the state if the courts don't intervene.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »

DeSantis
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 11:15:39 PM »

Congrats, you found a way to get me to vote for DeSantis. Yes, Mastriano is that bad.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 11:54:27 PM »

DeSantis
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2023, 01:12:49 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2023, 01:16:52 AM by Associate Justice PiT »

DeSantis easily. That this is actually posed as a serious question shows how histrionic the DeSantis hate train has gotten. I've been disappointed by him lately and his poor acumen getting embroiled in culture war nonsense, but the point of comparison is literally Doug Mastriano.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 08:37:45 AM »

Option 3: giant meteor
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 10:14:55 AM »

DeSantis easily. That this is actually posed as a serious question shows how histrionic the DeSantis hate train has gotten. I've been disappointed by him lately and his poor acumen getting embroiled in culture war nonsense, but the point of comparison is literally Doug Mastriano.
I suspect Mastriano would be incompetent and unable to get any of his crazy things done. That's why I prefer him.
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2023, 10:20:46 AM »

Mastriano has most of the negatives of DeSantis cranked up to another level. If his SOS proposal passed through then it's possible that another statewide Dem wouldn't have won because of disputed fraud. This could've ended up having long lasting impacts on the state if the courts don't intervene.
Keep in mind this is national, where Congress majorities are likely to be razor thin even if they exist. This means that Mastriano would likely be too incompetent to get anything done through Congress.

At the state level, I would actually prefer a Democrat over DeSantis, despite leaning Republican normally (not sure about Mastriano, as PA Democrats have the house). The legislature likely will prevent the Democrat governor from passing anything left of center, and there will have to be bipartisan cooperation to get anything done.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies