2026 FL GOV - Donald Trump Jr. & Kimberly Guilfoyle considering early endorsement of Matt Gaetz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2026 FL GOV - Donald Trump Jr. & Kimberly Guilfoyle considering early endorsement of Matt Gaetz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: 2026 FL GOV - Donald Trump Jr. & Kimberly Guilfoyle considering early endorsement of Matt Gaetz  (Read 3821 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2023, 09:28:17 AM »

LMFAO... I bet the Florida Democratic Party even manages to blow this one. Even in a Trump midterm.

Yup, though I'm not convinced the dude winning the primary is a forgone conclusion. So far I would bet on Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nunez as a likely successor for RDS.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2023, 09:30:42 AM »

ET is just starting to realize that this race is actually competitive.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2023, 09:40:15 AM »

Anyone who thinks Matt Gaetz is too out there for Florida does not know sh*t about Florida. He is a barely more bombastic RDS. They're indistinguishable politically, except Gaetz supports legalizing weed so...yeah, I'm sure the notoriously well-organized Florida Democratic Party won't find a way to blow it again.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2023, 09:44:17 AM »

As much as I, a Democrat, would love to salivate over the thought of a Gaetz nomination, I don't think its a foregone conclusion that he will be the nominee.

I still think Ashley Moody has a good shot at being the nominee. Could also be Patronis or Donalds. I don't think Nunez will be the nominee.
Moody or Nunez could win if Matt Gaetz and Byron Donalds go to war.
If Donalds and Gaetz run and divide up the Trump Vote then Ashley Moody or Jeanette Nunez will win the Primary.

And if Gaetz does run we get a sane Republican into Congress. State Senator Michelle Salzmann is the odds-on Favourite to replace Gaetz!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2023, 10:57:40 AM »

As much as I, a Democrat, would love to salivate over the thought of a Gaetz nomination, I don't think its a foregone conclusion that he will be the nominee.

I still think Ashley Moody has a good shot at being the nominee. Could also be Patronis or Donalds. I don't think Nunez will be the nominee.
If Donalds and Gaetz run and divide up the Trump Vote then Ashley Moody or Jeanette Nunez will win the Primary.

And if Gaetz does run we get a sane Republican into Congress. State Senator Michelle Salzmann is the odds-on Favourite to replace Gaetz!

Rs are expecting to lose the H next yr that's why Gaetz is running for Gov, he wouldn't have announced if Rs had 230 or so seats like they should of
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2023, 12:34:21 PM »

Rs are expecting to lose the H next yr that's why Gaetz is running for Gov, he wouldn't have announced if Rs had 230 or so seats like they should of
Democrats will never ever win the Florida Governors Mansion, certainly not with a Candidate like Nikki Fried. Their best bet is Rep. Jared Moskowitz but if the Democrats do indeed take over the House again I expect Moskowitz to stay put.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2023, 01:37:21 PM »

ET is just starting to realize that this race is actually competitive.

Democrats have been taking back to back loses in the state from 2018 to now. A lot of it does depends on what happens in 2024, who is in the office, or  indicator of a backlash materializing. Outside of that I still feel this an uphill climb for Democrats even if Gaetz is the nominee.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2023, 02:07:59 PM »

Anyone who thinks Matt Gaetz is too out there for Florida does not know sh*t about Florida. He is a barely more bombastic RDS. They're indistinguishable politically, except Gaetz supports legalizing weed so...yeah, I'm sure the notoriously well-organized Florida Democratic Party won't find a way to blow it again.
This.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2023, 02:16:09 PM »

LOL,
Comparing an accomlished Executive Governor like DeSantis to a backbencher & dogcatcher like Gaetz is really something! It's not even close!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2023, 02:35:46 PM »

LOL,
Comparing an accomlished Executive Governor like DeSantis to a backbencher & dogcatcher like Gaetz is really something! It's not even close!

First of all: lol.

Second of all, Rob was a "backbencher" in Congress before he ran for Governor too. At least Gaetz can claim to be truly independent from the DC swamp (even if it's for insane and selfish and politically motivated reasons)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2023, 02:36:57 PM »

I don’t think it’s that he’s too out there for Florida per se.  However, he 1) is seen as weak and could thus attract an unusually strong opponent; 2) Came about a hair away from being indicted for sex trafficking of a minor, 3) Gaetz likely has far more institutional enemies within the GOP than DeSantis did and some will likely support him publicly while knifing him behind the scenes at every opportunity (that sort of thing definitely matters in a competitive race); 4) Gaetz has always been a frat d**chebro by most accounts and I would not be even remotely surprised if he has some bad #MeToo skeletons in his closet even beyond what is already out there.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2023, 08:26:46 AM »

Are you gonna keep saying this every time a candidate you don’t like wins or gains traction?

Stop pretending that you support democracy.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2023, 05:05:43 PM »

LMFAO... I bet the Florida Democratic Party even manages to blow this one. Even in a Trump midterm.

Yup, though I'm not convinced the dude winning the primary is a forgone conclusion. So far I would bet on Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nunez as a likely successor for RDS.

None of the people who I consider in the know think that Nunez is a serious contender. Most seem to believe Gaetz will win with his name recognition and Trump's support in a crowded primary. A couple seem to think that Jimmy Patronis has a chance, but that's mostly because he's started campaigning early and will have a lot of cash.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2023, 05:59:07 PM »

When Gaetz becomes Florida's next Governor, could that be what puts him into a position to be the leading contender to carry the torch from Trump? Assuming Trump ever relinquishes the role, that is.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2023, 06:46:51 AM »

When Gaetz becomes Florida's next Governor, could that be what puts him into a position to be the leading contender to carry the torch from Trump? Assuming Trump ever relinquishes the role, that is.

I could see Trump signing a law that from now on, the only eligibility criteria for becoming President is to be from Florida and crazy.
EastwoodS

« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2023, 02:24:27 PM »

Republicans are certainly overplaying their hand in Florida. You can't govern a Trump +3 state like a Trump +30 state (or like you're dictator for life) and expect no consequences.

6 week abortion ban, sunsetting Social Security/Medicare, and banning AP courses certainly have to be losing positions in Florida. DeSantis seems slightly above water in Disney in the last poll taken, but the longer this war drags on, the less popular it will get, and it certainly will be unpopular by 2026.

Furthermore, repeatedly focusing on imaginary cultural wars while insurance continues to skyrocket (Florida's insurance rates are 4x the nation's due to insurance companies pulling out fast) is extremely tone deaf.
The state is more to the right than in 2020. Where have you been bro
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2023, 01:44:36 PM »

LOL,

First of all: lol.

Second of all, Rob was a "backbencher" in Congress before he ran for Governor too. At least Gaetz can claim to be truly independent from the DC swamp (even if it's for insane and selfish and politically motivated reasons)
Exactly. Gaetz has a record to stand on that is apparent to everyone. DeSantis, on the other hand, was a loyal follower of Boehner and Ryan.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2023, 01:54:33 PM »

None of the people who I consider in the know think that Nunez is a serious contender. Most seem to believe Gaetz will win with his name recognition and Trump's support in a crowded primary. A couple seem to think that Jimmy Patronis has a chance, but that's mostly because he's started campaigning early and will have a lot of cash.

Agreed. It also seems difficult for lt. governors to get elected in their own right unless the state is either small or they have already an established name like Gavin Newsom.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2023, 02:58:31 PM »

With the latest Stunt by Matt Gaetz to shut down the Govtm. his chances becoming Governor of Florida have basically evaporated.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2023, 03:08:35 PM »

With the latest Stunt by Matt Gaetz to shut down the Govtm. his chances becoming Governor of Florida have basically evaporated.

I think they've increased. This is Florida we're talking about here.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2023, 03:19:33 PM »

His chances to win the primary have increased, so his overall chance has increased. However, I think this seat will flip if Trump is President then.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2023, 03:27:47 PM »

His chances to win the primary have increased, so his overall chance has increased. However, I think this seat will flip if Trump is President then.
For the upteeth time Donald Trump won't be POTUS in 2025. Gaetz only has a chance if Nunez, Moody and Patronis all run spitting the vote.
He would lose a H2H to those 3 People I mentioned very badly.

He is also under ethic investigations by Congress again. Finally I wouldn't put too much stock what Don Jr. or Kimberly Guilfoyle say. She was in fact the Campaign Strategist/Campaign Manager for last years Senate Candidate & former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens. How that turned out, he? Attorney General Eric Schmitt beat Greitens by some nearly 30 Points.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2023, 02:29:40 PM »

Early Florida Republican Primary Poll for Governor has First Lady Casey DeSantis leading the Field. Reports say she isn't interested but who knows what will happen in the next 18 Months.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2023, 09:43:35 AM »

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics/2023/11/21/congressman-matt-gaetz-at-21-approval-following-house-speaker-drama/71653429007/

Gaetz is underwater statewide by 36 points and is only even with Republicans.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2023, 09:44:11 AM »

Gaetz has a 21/57 approval/disapproval rating in Florida, per a poll from Florida Atlantic University.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics/2023/11/21/congressman-matt-gaetz-at-21-approval-following-house-speaker-drama/71653429007/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies