2026 FL GOV - Donald Trump Jr. & Kimberly Guilfoyle considering early endorsement of Matt Gaetz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:35:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2026 FL GOV - Donald Trump Jr. & Kimberly Guilfoyle considering early endorsement of Matt Gaetz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 2026 FL GOV - Donald Trump Jr. & Kimberly Guilfoyle considering early endorsement of Matt Gaetz  (Read 3825 times)
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2023, 08:05:23 PM »

Florida does have a slim chance of flipping for governor.
Maybe Trump actually wants Democrats to flip FL-Gov in 2026. He probably hates DeSantis now.

Usually, I strongly disagree with Laura Loomer, but she's right on this one:
Laura Loomer is a jerk! She is a Antisemetic White Supremacist.

And you & Meatball Slayer who even don't like in FL need to stop lecturing people about the State. Just please shut up!
Umm do you live in Flarda??
Meatball Slayer lives in MO but he lecturing about FL. Hope Josh Hawley, Marsha Blackburn loses.

I have changed my mind. I am supporting Biden in the GE if Trump is the Nominee just to hurt the MAGA Cult!
Answer my question please. Are you from Florida? It's a yes or no question.
Psst… the answer is probably a no.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2023, 08:06:10 PM »

2016 flocked out of this thread like a chicken from a henhouse.
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2023, 08:06:58 PM »

Florida does have a slim chance of flipping for governor.
Maybe Trump actually wants Democrats to flip FL-Gov in 2026. He probably hates DeSantis now.

Usually, I strongly disagree with Laura Loomer, but she's right on this one:
Laura Loomer is a jerk! She is a Antisemetic White Supremacist.

And you & Meatball Slayer who even don't like in FL need to stop lecturing people about the State. Just please shut up!
Umm do you live in Flarda??
Meatball Slayer lives in MO but he lecturing about FL. Hope Josh Hawley, Marsha Blackburn loses.

I have changed my mind. I am supporting Biden in the GE if Trump is the Nominee just to hurt the MAGA Cult!
I am allowed to observe everything that’s happening in my neck of the woods, which would be the South and Midwest.

Also, Hawley and Blackburn will perform in-line with or even outperform Trump.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2023, 08:42:29 PM »

The meltdown from Trump Jr that would happen should Gaetz lose would be hilarious and ironic by itself.
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2023, 08:51:25 PM »

"Endorsing a sexual predator and the one Republican who could well lose Florida to trigger the libs."

Guess the GOP didn't learn their lesson from 2017 Alabama.
Having DeSantis finished this way would be nice. It would be the ultimate repudiation of his authoritarian governance in FL.

Florida is not Alabama yet - it wouldn't take nearly as big of an outperformance for it to flip. A normal candidate such as Nunez or Moody could lose too in a Trump midterm.
1. 2026 won't be a Trump midterm, it'll be either a DeSantis or a Biden midterm, if it's Biden's 6 year itch then even Gaetz would have a really hard time screwing it up, Moody or Nunez would get close to 2022 margins if that's the case.
2. If it's a DeSantis midterm, I suppose Gaetz can make it too close to comfort (Although I doubt he loses unless he is either facing new allegations or he faces an S+ tier Dem recruit), however both Nunez and Moody will win comfortably in that scenario, not 2022 margins but Rubio 2016 kind of margin is very possible here. Nunez would have a solid base in Miami Dade, Moody is a known overperformer in the I4 (She won Hillsborough in 2018!), neither one is losing a FL statewide race anytime soon.

And how the GOP primary would go? Who knows, still no idea on what the GOP primary would look like, and of course if RDS does become president that means Nunez is the incumbent which means she very likely won't face much of a primary challenge... And otherwise there are rumors that Donalds is looking to jump in as well... that could further complicate things for practically everyone.
I agree 2026 will either be a Biden Midterm or a DeSantis Midterm. Biden Midterm looks more likely at this Point in time.

The path for Trump to become President has closed. He cannot and will not win Arizona & Georgia, two essential States he needs to win to be even considered in a competitive Race.

For example: Arizona Independents now outnumber Republicans and Democrats in the State. Arizona Voters have rejected the entire Republican Election Deniers in 2022 from Lake (Governors), Masters (Senate), Finchem (Secretary of State) and Hamadeh (Attorney General). They are fed up with these people.

And if Trump continues his bigotry rants against Fani Wills + other Statewide Officials like Raffensberger, Kemp Moderate Republicans, African-Americans, other Minorities are going to come out in droves during the 2024 Election and put Georgia away.

I think at this Point in a potential Biden vs Trump Race AZ & GA won't be close, GA likely called before Midnight and AZ around Midnight as well or between Midnight and 1am.

People also forget if it's a DeSantis Midterm in 2026 current Lt. Governor Jeanette Nunez would already be Governor of Florida. DeSantis would need to resign his Seat to become President and Nunez would then take over the the Florida Governorship.

There is also the possibility that DeSantis doesn't serve out his Full Term and resigns at some Point in 2025 giving Nunez a leg up for the 2026 Race.

Florida Insiders I am in contact saying DeSantis, Nunez & Moody are like a TRIUMVIRATE like we saw in Rome between Pompejus Magnus, Julius Caesar and Crassus. Nothing what happens in FL goes through unless it goes before those 3 first. They are the Decision Makers mostly and it will be tough to break that stranglehold they have on FL.
Bro is really comparing DeSantis & Friends to Caesar, Magnus, and Crassus. 🤦🏼‍♂️
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2023, 09:13:17 PM »

The meltdown from Trump Jr that would happen should Gaetz lose would be hilarious and ironic by itself.
I think the entire Trump family would be happy if Florida elected a Democratic governor in 2026, given their feelings towards DeSantis.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2023, 09:22:28 PM »

I think the entire Trump family would be happy if Florida elected a Democratic governor in 2026, given their feelings towards DeSantis.
It doesn't make a difference if Florida has a Demcratic Governor or Republican Governor in 2026!

Why? DeSantis has stacked the Courts. Secondly, the Florida Legislature would still likely be Republican. Gillum missed his chance. Had he won he could have remade the FL Supreme Court which was Majority Liberal. Now 5 of the 7 Justices are DeSantis Appointees. They are quite young and won't have mandatory Retirement until we're in the 2050's.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2023, 09:44:52 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2023, 09:51:31 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

This isn't the 22 version of FL, Deegan won and Ron DeSantis is in the downfall, Scott can lose his seat Ehr or Powell are the Dogs but it's a winnable race, the reason why Ron DeSantis is such freefall is the fact That are parroting Lame Duck Speaker Kevin McCarthy he is Rep of CA but he has a Twa party Caucus of TX and FL and he is trying to impeach Biden and they lost during Lewinsky with a 2)3rds H majority Bill Clinton on Lewinsky but kept their narrow majority due to more Moderate Republicans they lost seats in CA and NY last time Biden is popular in those seats

So, why should R primary voters vote for Ron DeSantis and he voted for the 2017 tax cuts and parroting Speaker McVarthy and they can vote for Trump, no R policy wise is disguising themselves from Trump but im 2016 you had Jeb and Rubio supporting immigration reform and McCain is Dead it's a D issue now immigration reform.

So, dont be surprised in a 70/60M D 52/45 Eday is Scott and Cruz lost because in 20 we gotten 80/70M and Ds vote more than Rs in Prez Edays and Powell or Ehr according to last Scott pollis up 3 or down 2 they news to lose Cruz ans Scott voted for GORSUCH, ACB and Kavanaugh that overturned And Action

Making FL Gov a competitive race FL, OH, NC and TX have NAACP chapters and are part of new Confederate states not old

Demings and Crist were down le up in a Listener Poll 50/45 right before IAN, it will never vote 20 pts R ever again and neither will OH

On Facebook and Act Blue Ds are targeting AZ, OH, FL and MT for 51/49 they hope to def Cruz but a 51/49 S is more likely

Debbie Powell or Phil Ehr will compete , Debbie Powell looks like Deegan too but we don't know whom is gonna win the primary, I am content to waiting for a Listener poll again on the S race
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2023, 09:59:47 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2023, 04:16:33 PM by riverwalk3 »

It doesn't make a difference if Florida has a Demcratic Governor or Republican Governor in 2026!

Why? DeSantis has stacked the Courts. Secondly, the Florida Legislature would still likely be Republican. Gillum missed his chance. Had he won he could have remade the FL Supreme Court which was Majority Liberal. Now 5 of the 7 Justices are DeSantis Appointees. They are quite young and won't have mandatory Retirement until we're in the 2050's.
Yeah a Democratic governor wouldn't get much done since there is no chance the legislature flips. However, it would halt the bleeding DeSantis has caused to Florida.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2023, 10:03:58 PM »

The R state legislatures will check a D Gov just like in KY anyways it's 2/3rd R but in a S race with Powell or Ehr they will be going to a Biden dominated Govt its called checks and balance FL have sent Ds like Nelson and Frankle and Wasserman and Wexler to Fed Legislation, due to raising the cap on SSDI it's an AaRP  state level but at the state level for Gov it votes GOP NH and FL.dont have state taxes

The cap on SSDI needs to be raised it hasn't been raised since 1986 or immigration reform because Boehner blocked it in 2013 with Obama Powell can be S and Gaetz can win as Gov just like Nelson did and Crist win as G
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2023, 01:41:29 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2023, 01:47:29 PM »

Primaries should be eliminated
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2023, 01:51:41 PM »

LMFAO... I bet the Florida Democratic Party even manages to blow this one. Even in a Trump midterm.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2023, 01:59:07 PM »

Gohmert got replaced by a saner Republican even in a super red district, so let's hope the same thing happens here.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2023, 02:31:50 PM »

PLEASE PLEASE RUN. WE WOULD BE SO OWNED
Spectator
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2023, 02:37:12 PM »

LMFAO... I bet the Florida Democratic Party even manages to blow this one. Even in a Trump midterm.

True, they’d probably nominate someone under investigation again.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2023, 02:50:13 PM »

I'm pretty Matt Gaetz managed to underperform DeSantis and Rubio... when running against Rebekah Jones. He's one of the very few people that I think could blow this race.
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2023, 02:56:54 PM »

In my opinion, Republicans are way overconfident on this state, especially with COVID no longer being a major issue. I don't think a 6 week abortion ban, banning AP courses, or Nazi rallies sell well here. Expect an awakening at some point.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2023, 03:14:21 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2023, 03:21:02 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

PLEASE PLEASE RUN. WE WOULD BE SO OWNED
Rs are gonna lose the H anyways in 24, he isn't gonna be in the majority
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2023, 05:28:16 PM »

Imagine this 2026 matchup:

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2023, 08:38:05 PM »

Please note that the Tallahassee politicos at the moment expect the GOP primary to become a serious clown car, if everyone who is making moves sticks with them. Obviously things can change with the national picture, but it doesn't help their case. But right now there are seemingly serious candidates coming from the Legislative leadership, the governors office and team, the GOP activist/news commemorator class like Gaetz, and the committed Trumpists...which includes Donalds.

MargieCat
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2023, 08:41:13 PM »

As much as I, a Democrat, would love to salivate over the thought of a Gaetz nomination, I don't think its a foregone conclusion that he will be the nominee.

I still think Ashley Moody has a good shot at being the nominee. Could also be Patronis or Donalds. I don't think Nunez will be the nominee.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2023, 10:03:26 PM »

As much as I, a Democrat, would love to salivate over the thought of a Gaetz nomination, I don't think its a foregone conclusion that he will be the nominee.

I still think Ashley Moody has a good shot at being the nominee. Could also be Patronis or Donalds. I don't think Nunez will be the nominee.
Moody or Nunez could win if Matt Gaetz and Byron Donalds go to war.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2023, 10:49:26 PM »

Florida Governors keep digging for new depths of depravity-sick state!
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2023, 11:07:05 PM »

Moody or Nunez could win if Matt Gaetz and Byron Donalds go to war.
I think DeSantis will endorse one of those two.

Moody would be a strong candidate, as she overperformed DeSantis.

Off topic, but her father (a Democrat) was a judge appointed by President Clinton, and she is a former Democrat.

I have to wonder if her father is now a Republican or if they have some very awkward thanksgiving dinners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies