Do people who move into cities become more Democratic the more time they spend in cities?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:48:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Do people who move into cities become more Democratic the more time they spend in cities?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do people who move into cities become more Democratic the more time they spend in cities?  (Read 214 times)
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2023, 07:24:58 PM »

Is there data on how people who recently moved into cities vote compared to people who have spent years living in cities? Does the former group vote more Republican than the latter group?

Democrats tend to appeal to the economic interests of those living in cities (e.g. rent control) while Republicans tend to appeal to the economic interests of those living in rural areas (e.g. lowering property taxes). This is likely the biggest reason cities vote Democrat and rural areas vote Republican. Do people who move from rural to urban areas vote more Democratic the longer they live cities?
Aurelius2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 08:28:56 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2023, 09:15:00 PM by Deus, Patria, Milei »

Personally, when I am in big dense cities I feel somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun and when I am in the countryside I feel like a relaxed, "just wanna grill" moderate. I may be an anomaly though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies