What happened to Labor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:23:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What happened to Labor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What happened to Labor?  (Read 1726 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2023, 09:09:03 AM »
« edited: August 18, 2023, 05:59:45 PM by The Op »

There are no Labor candidates running anywhere (except for TimTurner) - and Labor doesn’t have any leadership due to nobody declaring/nobody organizing the elections. Also, Windjammer and seveneleven are independents now for some reason.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 11:46:15 PM »

Very on-brand that this has had zero replies so far.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 11:54:22 PM »

Labor should join DA tbh
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 01:15:38 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2023, 01:19:13 AM by The $0.19 Plan to invade Iran 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

I hope it leads to more people appreciating Pericles and Nerd. Pericles because - despite some flaws - he was actually the motor / drive behind Labor being able to resist and mount challenges to our bids to win Lincoln elections, sometimes succesfully, sometimes not. They were very close elections often where every vote mattered. Pericles also being the reason Labor had a few good senate races, especially in february in the at large races. When in june, he announced he would retire as chair and be less active, things went downhill (as I expected to happen also).

Nerd also deserves credit for at least trying to do/change something about it, but i think there was little he could do, hence why he also just registered as an independent.

I know some people dislike what happened in february-march. I had my reasons for what happened and sometimes the full story by some isn't being told, and I don't think my position was respected at the time, though of course i've made some errors as well. We all do. We're human beings after all.

My door is open for future coöperation with Labor or what remains of it, and anyone looking to join an active party (in case things don't improve) is welcome to join Peace. But as I say, this doesn't have to be the end for Labor. And i think if we want the left to win elections again, we must set differences aside and cooperate more better and fully. Our door is open to do that.

I've learnt to know some people in Labor better recently (like via Lumines games), and I do respect quite a bit them more than I used to. I think my judgment on some of them was very flawed. Also, Atlasia isn't really the best place to get to know people better (especially if they're not in your party, as at the end it's about winning elections and in an election: one has to be the winner and the other has to be the loser, which is why things can get heated).

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 01:18:32 AM »

I was not aware I was the only Labor candidate running anywhere this time around. I guess I made history in a new way tonight.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 11:12:51 AM »

I was not aware I was the only Labor candidate running anywhere this time around. I guess I made history in a new way tonight.
The last Laborite
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 11:20:42 AM »

The last Laborite
The Labor candidate slate this time around could fit into a room in a capsule hotel.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 12:36:26 PM »

Bro went from last southern laborite to complete last laborite.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 10:47:49 PM »

I'll echo Lakis statements and offer an olive branch to any remaining Laborites.  At one time you guys were my coparty mates.  I would welcome any Labor member with open arms in my quest to promote labor issues in Peace.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 11:36:15 PM »

I hope it leads to more people appreciating Pericles and Nerd. Pericles because - despite some flaws - he was actually the motor / drive behind Labor being able to resist and mount challenges to our bids to win Lincoln elections, sometimes succesfully, sometimes not. They were very close elections often where every vote mattered. Pericles also being the reason Labor had a few good senate races, especially in february in the at large races. When in june, he announced he would retire as chair and be less active, things went downhill (as I expected to happen also).

Nerd also deserves credit for at least trying to do/change something about it, but i think there was little he could do, hence why he also just registered as an independent.

I know some people dislike what happened in february-march. I had my reasons for what happened and sometimes the full story by some isn't being told, and I don't think my position was respected at the time, though of course i've made some errors as well. We all do. We're human beings after all.

My door is open for future coöperation with Labor or what remains of it, and anyone looking to join an active party (in case things don't improve) is welcome to join Peace. But as I say, this doesn't have to be the end for Labor. And i think if we want the left to win elections again, we must set differences aside and cooperate more better and fully. Our door is open to do that.

I've learnt to know some people in Labor better recently (like via Lumines games), and I do respect quite a bit them more than I used to. I think my judgment on some of them was very flawed. Also, Atlasia isn't really the best place to get to know people better (especially if they're not in your party, as at the end it's about winning elections and in an election: one has to be the winner and the other has to be the loser, which is why things can get heated).

A good leader takes accountability.  That is why I have your back.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 01:11:25 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2023, 01:16:42 AM by GM Team Member and LGC Speaker WB »

As a former labor president, almost anyone's welcome in DA Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 03:59:22 AM »

As far as I can tell, nobody was interested in running for Labor. Candidate recruitment was a recurring problem even years ago when Labor had many times more voters and support than it does now. Running for Labor probably hasn't been something people think of as 'cool' or 'fun'.

Personally though I don't have any confidence in the Peace leadership, but I am still pretty set against being an active player again. I think there are many people who would potentially vote for Labor, and we have all seen in recent years 'dead' parties get revived out of brand loyalty.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 07:01:19 AM »

As the last Labor president for the forseeable future, honestly, I think everyone in the party just got burned out. Certainly none of the party leaders seem to have the energy to do stuff anymore. People like Pericles, Sestak, Griff, etc all seem tired of the game and I am as well.

My own election was probably Labor's last hurrah, when the entire leadership came together one final time.

Interesting I suppose that Atlasia has experienced such a big change in such a short amount of time, with the two major parties collapsing even if it's for radically different reasons.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2023, 07:25:49 AM »

Honestly I think the main reason it is that Labor is more a millenial party and that Peace is more a generation Z one.

It's a big generational divide and most of the players are generation Z now.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2023, 03:49:51 PM »

It’s fall was long foreshadowed
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2023, 01:48:13 AM »

As the last Labor president for the forseeable future, honestly, I think everyone in the party just got burned out. Certainly none of the party leaders seem to have the energy to do stuff anymore. People like Pericles, Sestak, Griff, etc all seem tired of the game and I am as well.

My own election was probably Labor's last hurrah, when the entire leadership came together one final time.

Interesting I suppose that Atlasia has experienced such a big change in such a short amount of time, with the two major parties collapsing even if it's for radically different reasons.

I consider February to be Labors last hurrah as well.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2023, 11:44:32 AM »

Honestly I think the main reason it is that Labor is more a millenial party and that Peace is more a generation Z one.

It's a big generational divide and most of the players are generation Z now.

I'm not the person who is asking age from all players within my party, and there are quite a bit of experienced/older players within Peace as well (Mr. X, Lumine, Spiral, Scott (before he was banned), Mechalord etc.). I'm 27 myself. There are some younger players here as well, but i don't think generational divide is the only explanation, it's a bit of a generalization.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2023, 11:25:53 PM »

The purpose of the game and institutional standing of the dominant forces and their ideology still stands.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2023, 10:12:28 PM »

hey just make Yankee President and me VP and they will come back
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2024, 08:07:10 PM »

The reports of the death of the Labor Party were greatly exaggerated.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 10:08:39 PM »

Glorious News: our 20th Liebor President!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 11:56:07 PM »

Glorious News: our 20th Liebor President!

In the 20th year of the game's existence no less!

Edit: and your reply was #20 too.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 01:01:44 AM »

We need to stop making these threads
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2024, 06:59:59 AM »

I mean I was wondering what led labor to collapse in August like that. I’ve been in this game too long to think that parties can’t revive and survive.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2024, 09:18:34 AM »

I mean I was wondering what led labor to collapse in August like that. I’ve been in this game too long to think that parties can’t revive and survive.

Lack of candidates and the fact that no-one did GOTV in Labor for august.

Doesn't mean they were dead - aside of that midterm election they didn't care about. But they're not the dominant party they used to be.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies