Fani Willis for Attorney General of Georgia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Fani Willis for Attorney General of Georgia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fani Willis for Attorney General of Georgia?  (Read 1282 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2023, 01:56:54 PM »

Since the Trump indictment has given her nation- or even worldwide press, wouldn't she the most viable Democratic candidate for statewide office in 2026, particulary for the post of Attorney General? If my reading is correct, this will be an open seat election as well. I think she would be able to energize the base, win grassroots support and get strong fundraising numbers she needs to win.

A bid for governor would also be interesting, though I could imagine she'd be more interested to become the state's top law enforcement office with more potential thereafter.

Any thoughts?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 04:52:34 PM »

She's probably got a spot as Merrick Garland's replacement waiting for her in Biden's second term if she wants it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 05:40:29 PM »

Only if she successfully convicts Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 02:49:07 PM »

She's probably got a spot as Merrick Garland's replacement waiting for her in Biden's second term if she wants it.

That would be a pretty big step from her current position. But I could an outside chance for this to happen. Only with a Democratic senate though.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 02:56:47 PM »

That would be a pretty big step from her current position. But I could an outside chance for this to happen. Only with a Democratic senate though.

More likely she could be appointed an Assistant AG position. But imo I don’t think she should get any kind of appointment or career advancement out of this as it’ll fan the flames that this is some political hit job conspiracy.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 02:57:47 AM »

She sucks, big supporter of Cop City, charged protestors with domestic terrorism, and locked up Young Thug. I really hope she’s out of office soon.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 03:56:06 PM »

She sucks, big supporter of Cop City, charged protestors with domestic terrorism, and locked up Young Thug. I really hope she’s out of office soon.

What's wrong with Young Thung going to prison?
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 04:27:43 PM »

Since the Trump indictment has given her nation- or even worldwide press, wouldn't she the most viable Democratic candidate for statewide office in 2026, particulary for the post of Attorney General? If my reading is correct, this will be an open seat election as well. I think she would be able to energize the base, win grassroots support and get strong fundraising numbers she needs to win.

A bid for governor would also be interesting, though I could imagine she'd be more interested to become the state's top law enforcement office with more potential thereafter.

Any thoughts?
She’s a corrupt POS. She won’t ever see any statewide or federal office.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 06:01:27 PM »

What's wrong with Young Thung going to prison?
Her charging the entire YSL label with RICO was one of the worst cases of prosecutorial overreach I've seen. A lot of the "evidence" was gathered using lyrics. Her tough on crime mentality goes against the platform she was first elected on.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/07/gunna-young-thug-fani-willis-war-on-hip-hop.html
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 10:21:15 AM »

Using her involvement in the Trump case to launch a statewide political career would only prove the whole thing was politically motivated all along. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 09:10:56 AM »

Using her involvement in the Trump case to launch a statewide political career would only prove the whole thing was politically motivated all along. 

For once we agree, though I would of course substitute the word prove to " cause mouth breathing right-wing hacks to falsely claim vindication"
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023, 06:43:54 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2023, 06:41:37 PM by ReaganLimbaugh »

This is a Georgia Republican's dream come true.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2023, 09:36:30 PM »

I don't know the dynamics of statewide Democratic primaries in Georgia too well, but I think if people examine Willis's record excluding her charges on Trump, there's a lot for Democrats to dislike.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023, 04:44:57 PM »

She could never win a Democratic Primary. Democrats would view her charging YSL with RICO as well as her supporting Cop City as her supporting a corrupt criminal justice system. She would probably fare better in a Republican Primary than a Democratic Primary based on her record.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 04:51:39 PM »

#Resist wishcasting really needs to be exorcised from the Democratic Party, though I suppose that isn’t happening as long as Donald Trump remains relevant to US politics (yet another reason to hate him).
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 05:12:33 PM »

Progressives would despise Fani Willis for charging YSL with RICO, which they would view as abusing RICO statutes. They would also despise her for supporting Cop City, which they would view as strengthening the police state. The moment Democrats look at her track record is the moment Democrats will start souring on her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies