NH-Emerson: Ayotte/Craig lead primary, Ayotte +9/+13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2024 Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Emerson: Ayotte/Craig lead primary, Ayotte +9/+13
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NH-Emerson: Ayotte/Craig lead primary, Ayotte +9/+13  (Read 1893 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2023, 08:04:41 AM »

GOP Primary:
Ayotte 45%
Morse 9%
Edelbut 4%
Burns 3%
Someone else 3%
Undecided 35%

DEM Primary:
Craig 30%
Warmington 15%
Someone else 2%
Undecided 52%

GE:
Ayotte (R) 46%
Craig (D) 37%
Undecided 17%

Ayotte (R) 47%
Warmingotn (D) 34%
Undecided 19%

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/new-hampshire-2024-desantis-fades-trump-maintains-lead-in-primary/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 08:20:12 AM »

She was gonna have a lead but it's gonna be cut
Dave Hedgehog
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 08:29:21 AM »

Probably not as easy a D flip as some might like to think, even if Biden wins there comfortably again. Now Vermont if Scott steps down, that's a different story.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 08:31:38 AM »

Tbh, I'm starting off rating this race as Lean R with Ayotte as candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 08:38:14 AM »

Ayotte leads with Independents, 45-29, though a lot of undecided. Craig only gets 68% of 2020 Biden voters, while Ayotte gets 82% of Trump voters.

Would imagine things will change considerably when things get into high gear/voters come home.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 09:25:40 AM »

Lean R for now, could move to Likely if we get a lot of polls like this. I don't buy that this is going to be an easy flip for Democrats.
JMT

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023, 09:59:00 AM »

I think it’s hard to deny that Ayotte is the frontrunner for both the Republican primary and the general election at this stage. But, this may well be attributed to name recognition. It’s still early.

I fully expect Ayotte will win the primary, and I think the general election will be close (I don’t buy the narrative that Dems are heavy favorites here). Ayotte certainly has a good chance in the general election, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Craig or Warmington win, either. I think this race will end up being a nail biter in the end.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 10:18:16 AM »

I don’t think anyone denies that Ayotte could get 46-47% in a GE, but it’s not hard to see why it’s all downhill for her from here on.

Still a Lean D race for now (presidential race is Safe D). State is decisively blue, she’s not campaigning as the type of Republican who can win in a blue state, and she never lived up to the hype in 2016 either. This is also a place where polling tends to understate D strength more often than not.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 10:21:28 AM »

This is also a place where polling tends to understate D strength more often than not.
I remember vividly the polls with Bolduc leading last cycle.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2023, 10:22:05 AM »

I don’t think anyone denies that Ayotte could get 46-47% in a GE, but it’s not hard to see why it’s all downhill for her from here on.

Still a Lean D race for now (presidential race is Safe D). State is decisively blue, she’s not campaigning as the type of Republican who can win in a blue state, and she never lived up to the hype in 2016 either. This is also a place where polling tends to understate D strength more often than not.
If we went by 2016, the gap between Trump and Ayotte closed because Trump was the one with a large surge in NH. The polling numbers right now are actually very similar to 2016 (with Ayotte leading by slightly more than she did at this point and Trump behind by slightly less than he was).

This is a state where undecideds often break against the incumbent. Both results will likely be somewhere in the middle between D +7 and R +9 - both Ayotte and Biden will lose ground.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2023, 10:22:10 AM »

Ayotte is going to have a lot of trouble holding that lead in the Republican primary race.  She didn't endorse Trump in 2016 and she will have to answer to a lot of MAGA types out there.  

If she can make it through to the general, she will be a formidable candidate.  Has had a good post-senatorial record.
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 10:27:59 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2023, 10:31:20 AM by riverwalk3 »

Ayotte is going to have a lot of trouble holding that lead in the Republican primary race.  She didn't endorse Trump in 2016 and she will have to answer to a lot of MAGA types out there.  

If she can make it through to the general, she will be a formidable candidate.  Has had a good post-senatorial record.
This is a governors race, not a federal. It's much easier to keep this race separate from Trump.

Also, NH could be like Virginia. In Virginia, the convention learned a lesson from 2018 and knew they needed a moderate in 2021.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2023, 10:41:04 AM »

This is a governors race, not a federal. It's much easier to keep this race separate from Trump.

Also, NH could be like Virginia. In Virginia, the convention learned a lesson from 2018 and knew they needed a moderate in 2021.

Ayotte is not a moderate.
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2023, 10:43:26 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2023, 11:10:12 AM by riverwalk3 »

She is probably perceived that way, especially due to distance from Trump. Also she had a very bipartisan voting record in the Senate.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2023, 02:00:50 PM »

She is probably perceived that way, especially due to distance from Trump. Also she had a very bipartisan voting record in the Senate.

lol
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2023, 06:24:45 PM »

Like maybe I'm overcorrecting a bit to Ayotte being bad politically but Christ
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2023, 06:41:29 PM »

It's early, it's a long time til Eday
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2023, 08:14:33 PM »

Press X to doubt
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2023, 08:26:29 PM »

Brace yourselves folks, we are about to be subject to nearly 15 months of non-stop propaganda from the media/polling industrial complex trying to convince us that Kelly Ayotte is some electoral titan. She is not.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2023, 05:36:40 PM »

Not exactly what I was hoping to see because Ayotte sucks, but it is still very early and she definitely has the name recognition advantage more than anything. I'll go with tossup for now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2023, 11:57:40 PM »

It's the first poll it's not the Final poll Craig has a chance, Emerson said Biden was tied in MI and Biden is slightly ahead in MI
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2023, 10:04:09 PM »

Eh, still Lean D. Ayotte just has a lot more name recognition in that state.

Now if there are more polls later on in campaign season that shows Ayotte leading, I will change my rating. But for now, Lean D.
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 10:08:41 PM »

Eh, still Lean D. Ayotte just has a lot more name recognition in that state.

Now if there are more polls later on in campaign season that shows Ayotte leading, I will change my rating. But for now, Lean D.
Ayotte is already at 46, more than Trump got in 2020. Also, Ayotte's opponents are likely weak candidates.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2023, 10:19:20 PM »

Toss-Up for now. I think some people favorably remember Ayotte right now, but her numbers are likely to fall as she’s put under more scrutiny.
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 10:23:31 PM »

Toss-Up for now. I think some people favorably remember Ayotte right now, but her numbers are likely to fall as she’s put under more scrutiny.
Ayotte had one of the most bipartisan voting records in the Senate, and has sufficient distance from Trump. Also, NH is considerably redder at the state level than at the federal level.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies